Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Unless you become like little children...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Matt. 18:3

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

This seems like a very tough standard to man. (seems a 100% is required of man)

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I don't think this verse talks about living a sinless holy life.. Which is generally attributed to little children.. The Bible itself clearly states that humans are incapable of living a 100% life on our own.. I think here the focus is more on being dependent on God completely.. Just like how a kid is completely dependent on its parents.. We should come to a state where we surrender completely to God and confess that nothing is possible on our own.. We are dependent on God for his daily provisions and require his guidance on everything.. Any thoughts on this from others?

Jesus is telling us we must be Born-Again; as a child is totally dependent on its parents, a Believer must be as dependent on Christ.

Thanks all. Are we trying to suggest that without complete dependence on HIM man can't enter into the kingdom of GOD? Is that what the passage is talking about? :biggrinunno :shrug :confused

Thanks all. Are we trying to suggest that without complete dependence on HIM man can't enter into the kingdom of GOD? Is that what the passage is talking about? :biggrinunno :shrug :confused

I agree with the above statements and would like to add...

I think little children are also guileless. If we watch them with other kids we see them as they are. Blunt, sometimes selfish, others times very giving, etc. in other word they are not hypocrites.
So if we come to God as little children, in honesty, just as we are then the work that the Holy Spirit is doing in us can be revealed to us so we can respond. He already knows what needs to change but we don't always see ourselves clearly until His light shines on us and reveals the truth.

Jesus was clear, "Many will seek to enter Heaven, but few will enter." Matthew 7:21-23, Luke 13:23-28. It is not that God refuses people, but people refuse God, or at least God's Way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think Jesus is touching on the faith of little children. There is no doubt within them - if you told them they could fly if they ate their vegetables, they would believe you. They give themselves completely, showing true faith, without any doubt.

I also think Jesus is touching on the faith of little children. There is no doubt within them - if you told them they could fly if they ate their vegetables, they would believe you. They give themselves completely, showing true faith, without any doubt.

Hi Lloyd. The Lord Jesus did indeed say: 'Suffer (allow) little children to come unto me' (Luke 18.16).

Blessings.

I love this post. And I think this is the part that makes it seem so hard.

That also would be correct. Nothing we can do qualifies us. Our reliance on Him must be our complete. In reality, too, the focus is not on heaven. That is our reward. Our focus is to serve Him and further the Kingdom of God in this life.

If it is the case that we must have complete dependence on Him or we can't go and do not qualify for heaven then I'm not going.

My salvation, justification, sanctification, is completely in His hands and I am confident I have been saved by the Savior. But to say that I walk in complete faith day to day at ALL times, never worrying about anything always resting in Him, would be an out and out lie. So if my faith must be perfected here on earth I would have to say I won't be going. But praise the Lord, that is not what He says and I am going.
He is perfecting my as I walk with Him but perfect faith would look like Jesus, walking on water.

everything good which is impossible to the humans is possible to God so that if some humans for any reason(s) cannot be(-come) enough good then a prayer could persuade God to make them righteous

Luke 18:27 "And he said, The things(i.e. the good things) which are impossible with men are possible with God.",

Luke 1:37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible.",

Mark 10:27 "for with God all(i.e. all good) things are possible.",

Mark 9:23-29 "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all(i.e. all good) things are possible to him that believeth..... And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting(i.e. but by intercession and earnestness)."

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back