Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Untidy women

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
uh... sure, why not. Poeple may wear whatever suits their taste.
But how is that related to tidiness or their hips?

Claudya:

I guess I was thinking of the term 'tidiness' as being in some ways a bit old fashioned; like with spiky, tousled hair and skinny jeans, these might have been thought by some people years ago as being untidy but it's not a term that a lot of people would use today in this context. Like you imply, a lot of young women like to look in such a way For example, denim pants, leather jacket with studded fasteners, spiky hair, maybe an asymmetrical row of studs running up one ear, etc.: I wouldn't call this untidy (whatever some people might have thought, years ago), because it's how many young women typically wish to look, today. My two cents'. (But what do I know?)

OK, so there's a dual discussion going on here, one about hoarders and another about untidy housekeepers. My ex was (and is) both. There are paths through the house, with furniture (cabinets, entertainments centers, knick-knack tables, computer tables, etc., etc., etc. stacked double- and triple deep along the walls, and every single one with every square inch of surface stuffed full with "things" -- lamps, knick-knacks, figurines, flower pots, bowls, etc. And the house (or rather, the paths through the house) is atrocious: stained carpet, dirty vinyl floors, sinks in the bathrooms filthy and also stacked full of stuff. Now, part of this probably has to do with her bipolar disorder, which she sought for years to treat with meth and/or cocaine (which is why we divorced, not the untidiness and hoarding, which has gotten ten times worse in the 20 years since we split) but I think she probably had the hoarding and poor housekeeping habits before the drugs, too.

She was an attractive young woman, beautiful, in fact. Now she has let her hoarding and housekeeping habits spill over into her appearance, too. She still has size 2 dresses in her closet (per my daughter -- I don't look in her closet, I can barely stand to occupy the space immediately inside her front door) even though she is about 100 pounds overweight now. How does this kind of thing happen? Poor self-esteem, fear of loss, lack of connectedness, mental health issues (such as her bipolar) and personality disorders. People who do that to themselves are much more numerous than people realize. They need help. If you have any in your life, please encourage them to get it. (My kids and I are still working on my ex. I'm getting to the point that I don't much care anymore, but my kids do. And I have a new relationship with a "normal" woman that I'm not going to put at risk trying to help the former love of my life.)

funnycartoon85.jpg
Thats right. This woman, is she the type the bible calls: virteous???:biggrinunno :shrug :confused

Oftentimes the females hunt most of a pride's (bride? bright? er, group of lions, dunno spelling) prey while the males watch the cubs (cups? cat baby, dunno spelling either) but the males are awesome predators, too. Some lions live as loners (both sexes), so both sexes have what it takes to be good hunters. So what does lion hunting behaviour have to do with human housekeeping behaviour?
Goodness. That was crystal

I'm untidy. My house is a mess and I'm often somewhat behind on housework.

Not proud of it. Housework is just one of my least favorite things. But I honestly have no excuse.

That said, if I'm doing work for someone else--then I have little problem doing my best work. Specially if I'm getting paid for it, because I wouldn't want to be paid for a job poorly done.

Back