Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wanna use wet days to think @ how to improve the site?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

MrVersatile48

Activity level seems to have dropped greatly in the last few months, yes?

I've ben amazed in the past 5 days @ TV/movie reviews

viewforum.php?f=9

Apart from 1 person who made 2 posts on Monday, I'm the only one who's posted in TV/movies reviews since @ Friday, despite flagging up every genre @ "best of..- & why??" & reviewing @ 4 new films & many TV programs, knowing several wet days were forecast, when folk are more likely to be indoors & online

Does yer Indiana Jones Crystal Skull in - if ya don't go on the biggest, most active 'Net discussion sites, like Yahoo Answers, where I'm 'Wonderwye'

I'd like to come in here too for variety

& I'm sure others would if it was more active, yes?

How do we get more members & more activity so we don't all drop off to sleep?

I do have 1 or 2 ideas, but I think folk will get more benefit by brainstorm, yes?

Ian

While it's always good to share ideas, and there is even an official suggestion box, keep in mind that, at least here in America, last weekend was the official start of the summer holiday season. While it may have been wet in some areas, in a lot of areas it was gorgeous and folks who had time off were out enjoying the time with family. :wink:

However, if we are going to have a 'brainstorming' session on how to improve the site, let me add this tidbit here: Let's improve our tempers a bit. It's always amazing to me to see that some come to sites like this just to 'argue' over things that the Bible specifically tells us not to argue about.

This is church, you know. It truly is. This is a place where believers in the Lord meet and talk about spiritual things, study scripture together and pray for one another. 123 Christian. That's Christian after Jesus Christ and Jesus said that where ever even 2 or 3 have gathered together in His name, He is in the midst. Now, I know that most would never, not in a million years, walk up to a person standing in the aisle of their church on Sunday morining and speak to them in the manner in which folks speak to others around here. Somehow, we've let the annoymous nature of message boards to cloud the fact that we are talking to fellow Christians here and talking to each other in a very public way, and unfortunately in a way often that gives the enemy and non-believers just cause to accuse us of being unloving and intolerant.

So, that's my suggestion on how to improve this site, let's everyone speak to one another in truth and in love, even in (especially in) the midst of our disagreements with each other.

I agree Dora.

Actually, I was just pondering this last night how much I'm enjoying many of the new members that just want to fellowship. I think that we have an opportunity to allow Christians from all walks of life to come here and really just enjoy one another and share their experiences and talents.

My .02 cents, Lets all pray that this site can be used to give God the Glory as we encourage one another in love and humility.

Back