Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Warriors, by Erin Hunter, and it's troubling decline into the supernatrual.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Acebopata

Well, I use to be a big fan of The book series called Warriors. Warriors is a book series about cats who live in clans, hunt for their elders, nursing queens, and any cat that cannot hunt for themselves. The cats have a leader, which is granted nine live by their warrior ansesters, which is a group of cats by the name of Starclan.

Now I am not big on allowing supernatrall beleifs such as talking to ansesters to infulence me. Of corse, back when I started reading this book, I was in the six grade, I had tecencly been a christain for two years, not much knowlage in the Bible, and I had not been babtized yet. Never the less, I had decided to let these ansestreal duscussions pass as long as they didn't go too far. (Trust me, that assumption is a BIG MISTAKE. A writer who uses even a little bit of supernatural experences will almost ALWAYS increase the number and intensity of those events in future books.)

As time went on though, things got pretty...well, I don't know weather to say intresting, disturbing, or just plain crazy. Between the fivth and sixth book of the new prophacy series, There was a cat who died helping protect a queen who was given birth, and then was reincarnated into one of the kits. And not only was the dead cat reincarnated, the cat she was reincarnated into had already been born before she actually died.

That's where I made my secound mistake with the series. Pretty much, i decided to ignore the event and continue reading the series. And things did not get better, instead, they kinda got worse.

Well, there was another cat that was not only reincarnated, but he could see the cat's mermories, go directly into the gorunds of starclan, and he could read their minds. He could also inter another cats dream.

And so that's where I drew the line. The book series was just becomming too occultic for me. That's also where I realised that so much in my life had to much occultic/ supernatural ideas to be acceptible. (Although it is questionable that any of these things should have been allowed to enter my life in the first place.)

So I guess the book did some things that where positive in my life, by making me realise that no writer is going to be satified with just a little amound of supernatural/occultic ideas and experences. But it had just too much of them for me to bear personally.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back