Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Westboro announces protest of Steve Jobs’ funeral–with an iPhone

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

stovebolts

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...test-steve-jobs-funeral-iphone-141530936.html

Westboro Baptist Church--best known for its reviled anti-gay protests of American soldiers' funerals--announced last night on Twitter that its members will be picketing the funeral of Apple founder Steve Jobs.

"He had a huge platform; gave God no glory & taught sin," Westboro leader Margie Phelps tweeted--from her iPhone.

Let's hope that Phelps has managed to resist her own iPhone's magical powers to "teach sin."

And she tweeted it from her i-phone :toofunny Ohh, the irony :shocked!

For this reason I advocate that they have the funeral reception BEFORE the actually burial. This way everyone will be so drunk that they will not even take into account the legal ramifications of beating up these stupid people.

Honestly Pard, I think it's just a matter of time before one of them is taken out by a sniper...

Think about it.. They protest funerals of those who died in our military. You don't think that some of those parents weren't in the military too?

I think, for some anyway, that it's their military background that keeps the attenders in check... But honestly, I think it's only a matter of time before a shot is fired.

Protesting Job's funeral is safe.. I'm sure Wetboro's coffers are low and they need somebody to loose control and simply hit them.. and Westboro, being the lawers that they are, will sue the jeebers out of whoever uses violence, and their coffers will be full again... and O'Riley won't have to make up the difference as I'm sure those at this funeral have pretty deep pockets themselves.

"Think about it.. They protest funerals of those who died in our military. You don't think that some of those parents weren't in the military too? . . . "

I know what they do, but what puzzles me is "why" they do it. I mean aside from the reasons they state and those I attribute (negatively? with reason?) to them.

There has to be some deep seeded hurt/pain in people to think nothing of afflicting hurt/pain on others; especially during a personal, vulnerable time.

Maybe not, but then again, neither can it just be what I see (and act upon) in my limited sight.

God change me.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

Look up Louis Theroux's documentary "The World's Most Hated Family". A very interesting watch. :yes

Look up Louis Theroux's documentary "The World's Most Hated Family". A very interesting watch. :yes

I watched the intro part one.

Whatever it is, it's deep seeded for sure and in need of (Christ's) healing/resolution.

Yet it challenges me to not aim "to be just like Christ" (seriously, me? "like" Him who has no comparisons?), but rather surrender that He might live His life (and message) through me.

God transform us.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

God's sense of humor standing out right there! :toofunny

I can't wait until they lose their platform of hate and glad that everyone realizes that they are whack jobs. I wonder how often they read their Bibles? They don't know a thing about the Scriptures.

In what way did he teach sin?

Ok, now (since I now know that this thread is not a joke) I can say it: this is a desperate attempt to get attention. Must be that they finally realized their own insignificance.

I wonder how often they read their Bibles? They don't know a thing about the Scriptures.
They have a regular church service once a week, perhaps more. Apart from that I don't know. But I can't remember from the documentary if they read their Bibles in the service or just listen to Fred Phelps preach. Probably the latter.

This is a group of less than 100 people. It's the mainstream media pushing this agenda, and we're continuing it for them. Promote the thousands that are doing good I say. :shrug

They have a regular church service once a week, perhaps more. Apart from that I don't know. But I can't remember from the documentary if they read their Bibles in the service or just listen to Fred Phelps preach. Probably the latter.
If I recall from the movie it was like they didn't read the Bible. It was read to them. I say this because the host/dude in the movie was asking them about key scripture that rebuked what it is they believe and they were like "Oh thats in the Bible?" and also like "Well Fred tells us what's what."

If I recall from the movie it was like they didn't read the Bible. It was read to them. I say this because the host/dude in the movie was asking them about key scripture that rebuked what it is they believe and they were like "Oh thats in the Bible?" and also like "Well Fred tells us what's what."
Yeah, I remember that too.

Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Found this online:

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011
Posted in iPhone iPad, News | Comments
In 1440, Johannes Gutenberg first shared his concept for the printing press. By the early 1450’s, he had put his ideas into action, printing the Bible faster and for far less money than the only option previously available: hand-copied versions that took years to create. Through a series of unfortunate events, Gutenberg lost his printing presses to a creditor a few years later. In 1468, he died, having never achieved financial success. Worse, there was no way he could have foreseen at the time how his amazing invention would go on to change the world.
Today, of course, we recognize how this early Bible printing device ultimately gave birth to modern publishing. Gutenberg’s contribution was the spark that made possible the vast proliferation of knowledge and information that the rest of us have benefited from over the last 571 years.

In our generation, many inventors and technologies have dramatically shaped the landscape of our everyday lives, reaching into every corner of society and every industry. Arguably, the greatest innovator and creative genius of this generation has been Steve Jobs. His ideas, leadership, and life’s work influenced the direction of entire industries: broadcast media, motion pictures, music, publishing, communications, and of course, computing.

Jobs was actually able to achieve the financial success that eluded Gutenberg, leading Apple to become the highest-valued company in the world shortly before his passing. And although he was fortunate to actually get to witness the massive growth and adoption of his inventions, Steve Jobs was likely unaware of just how his creations would be used to further the vision of Johannes Gutenberg.

Using the Bible App on their iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches—to say nothing of the countless other devices influenced by Steve Jobs’ ideas—30 million people now have free access to the very book that Gutenberg started printing.

Many people now know the Bible as the Bible App, primarily because Jobs envisioned a new kind of communication device. Just as research was indicating a rapid decline in Bible reading and engagement, millions of people all over the world are now spending billions of minutes reading, listening to, and sharing the Bible—using mobile devices that Jobs either created or influenced.

Once again, history repeats itself. When Gutenberg set out to print the Bible, he unknowingly sparked a revolution that changed the world. Jobs turned publishing, media, entertainment, and communications upside down through his iNventions. And in so doing, he unknowingly sparked a revolution in Bible engagement that we believe will change the world.

http://blog.youversion.com/2011/10/steve-jobs-1955-2011/

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back