Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What ABOUT the past?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I want to learn to remain grateful for the past good works of God, and yet know I how not lean on old glories nor seek to relive it. How did Paul put it?

In Phil 3:12-14 NKJV "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

I like to think of the past as if it were a dead horse along my path. I cannot do anything about it, it will not just disappear, and some of the consequences of my "ride" in that season still are remembered in my ways. Some things I grew accustomed to are just "stinking" no good for me to even reminisce about now; like a carcass ready to rot all my possible future rides.

That horse will never run again, it is big and dead, and no life is filling it, and no matter how hard I kick it~ it aint never gonna move an inch. Yet the beauty of this lifeless horse' immensity, is that it is also a powerful reminder not to create another one just like it. So I step around it, taking in its bones, seeing its decay, and breathing in and out~ being alive~being in Jesus~ a "new creation" without it.

In our time continuum we live within a moment that was our future just before it slid into our past. Each instance of our existence contains decision, and brevity, and hopefully faith, in a “possible†future with our surmountable past abundantly supplying much needed prudence.

May we be pleased in this instant to be hidden within the hand of our Master, Whose glory moves in every sphere, Whose power lasts, and Whose dominion will ever reign. Who lives inside eternal globes of timeless life, Who will make us like Him, one day… :infinity:
bonnie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back