Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are the best policies for global peace?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

MrVersatile48

What are the best policies for global peace?

What new ideas are emerging in the pursuit of peace in a dangerous world?

The new British International Development Secretary Douglas Alexander has said a country's strength depends on making global alliances rather than military might.

The new UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon is holding talks next week with President Bush. Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur and US/UN relations will all be on the agenda.

What new policies do you want to see in the pursuit of peace? Are global alliances the answer? Does the UN need more power to be effective?

We will be discussing this on our Have Your Say programme on Sunday 15 July at 1406 GMT. If you would like to take part in the programme please include your phone number. It will not be published. You can also send us a short video message via webcam...

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread. ... 0715154255

Ian

Are you so bored that you keep starting all these threads? :smt024

lol :lol:

That's just MrVersatile48 being MrVersatile48. :wink:
And no, that's not a bad thing.

Mostly. :-D

There will be no peace' until Jesus comes back and tears this place up. To make way for the new kingdom.

Lewis W said:
There will be no peace' until Jesus comes back and tears this place up. To make way for the new kingdom.

Blessed are the peacemakers.... seems like Christ expects us to work at it.

aLoneVoice said:
Blessed are the peacemakers.... seems like Christ expects us to work at it.
Hehehe

I guess He wanted us to work on

Being poor in spirit, Matthew 5:3

Mourning, Matthew 5:4

Being persecuted, Matthew 5:10

Work at it, yes. Become the prime objective over the Great Commission? Spreading the Gospel is the ONLY way peace will ever spread throughout the world.

No Jesus, NO Peace.

Besides, aren't you the one who agreed with me that the Sermon on the Mount was speaking to the Jews? :lol:

vic C. said:
Hehehe

I guess He wanted us to work on

Being poor in spirit, Matthew 5:3

Mourning, Matthew 5:4

Being persecuted, Matthew 5:10

Work at it, yes. Become the prime objective over the Great Commission? Spreading the Gospel is the ONLY way peace will ever spread throughout the world.

No Jesus, NO Peace.

Besides, aren't you the one who agreed with me that the Sermon on the Mount was speaking to the Jews? :lol:

I'm sorry, but this line made me chuckle. In the sermon on sunday our pastor said something to the effect of:

"Now i'm not much on bumper-sticker theology, however I saw one that I thought was fitting.

No Jesus. No Peace.
Know Jesus. Know Peace."

:angel:

Makes you wonder how many sermons ARE inspired by bumper stickers & tee shirts. :smt115

Back