Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Bible Character Do You Most Relate To?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Soma-Sight said:
Soma,
Again I ask why Judas Iscariot? Is this not the write place to answer this? I'm not sure.

I guess I can just relate to Judas the most because of his character.

A failure, coward, sell out who let God down.

I'm with free, there are more cowards and sellouts than Judas? 8-)

I'm with free, there are more cowards and sellouts than Judas?

But Judas is the Mac Daddy of all sell outs of all time.

The King you could almost say.

Have you ever met someone named Judas?

Judas did make it to heaven. Plus he was possessed by Satan to turn Jesus in. It seems he was just the vehicle to fulfill prophesy. So I don't think Judas is as bad as many people paint him to be. (Not that I believe any of this except as a character in a story.)

Quath

Quath said:
Judas did make it to heaven. Plus he was possessed by Satan to turn Jesus in. It seems he was just the vehicle to fulfill prophesy. So I don't think Judas is as bad as many people paint him to be. (Not that I believe any of this except as a character in a story.)

Quath

Quath back up a silly claim or don't say it. You don't know if Judas is in heaven any better than anyone else. Especially because you don't even believe in a heaven. He may have been a vehicle for prophesy but their is no scriptural evidence to prove where Judas went after he hung himself.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Quath back up a silly claim or don't say it. You don't know if Judas is in heaven any better than anyone else. Especially because you don't even believe in a heaven. He may have been a vehicle for prophesy but their is no scriptural evidence to prove where Judas went after he hung himself.
Jesus talks to his 12 disciples at the last supper in John 14:1-4 - "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

Since Jesus was talking to all of his disciples, he was including Judas. Also Relevations has the 12 apostles sitting near the throne.

What was Judas's big sin? Being possessed by Satan and betraying Jesus. Would Jesus have forgiven a sinner for being made to do something bad?

Quath

The fact that Judas hunf himself leads to the conclusion of his repentance of the sell out of God Himself.

I dont know about you, but if I literally sold Christ Himself out in the flesh I would hang myself.

This verse also makes it very clear the 12 apostles, including Judas, are in heaven.

Matthew 19:28

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

Plus

I wanted to see the atheists use the Bible the right way for once. I agree.

Were you lying with the first post, by "baiting" us to provide the answer?

Or did you not know that about those verses and changed your mind after seeing them?

No I was not lying and yes I know those scriptures. There is no proof, but the bible suggest it. The only way to prove who is in heaven is to go there. I wanted to see why you guys accept one suggestion but not some of the others. Since you Guys decided to post in this thread, would you mind posting the Characters you compare to if you haven't already.

Brutus:

I just seems to me that Jesus does much more than suggest. Telling the twelve about the 12 thrones is pretty explicit.

Of course I agree the text doesn't say whether or not Jesus winked at Judas, if he had his fingers crossed, or if Judas was in the outhouse and Matthias snuck into the meeting when he said it.

As for my characters, I would have two.

1. The Good Samaritan. Not because I think I'm the greatest guy, but because it implies that someone with different (or non) beliefs can still be a good person.

2. Doubting Thomas: He demanded real proof, and he KNEW Jesus for over a year. That's my kind of guy.

ThinkerMan said:
Brutus:

I just seems to me that Jesus does much more than suggest. Telling the twelve about the 12 thrones is pretty explicit.

Of course I agree the text doesn't say whether or not Jesus winked at Judas, if he had his fingers crossed, or if Judas was in the outhouse and Matthias snuck into the meeting when he said it.

That's the point I was trying to make. I'm sorry for being so slippery in my approach. It's clearly suggested so it's acceptable. So is the saving power in the blood of Christ and the existence of God but for some reason you guys won't accept them.

I like your characters. 8-)

:B-fly: Quath does have a good point though.
Judas felt so bad for betraying Jesus his Lord that
he killed himself .He gave the blood money back.
What Judas did wrong was that he didn't go and ask
God for forgiveness,instead he gave up,but he did
feel sorry for what he did to The Lord.
We also don't have to remind Quath of what he
believes. There are some who believe that the Lord
has given them a message about Quath.

ThinkerMan said:
As for my characters, I would have two.

1. The Good Samaritan. Not because I think I'm the greatest guy, but because it implies that someone with different (or non) beliefs can still be a good person.

2. Doubting Thomas: He demanded real proof, and he KNEW Jesus for over a year. That's my kind of guy.

:smt035 Did you demand proof of love from those who say they loved
you? We know that there is no way that anyone can truly be a good person apart from God,there is just no way that can happen.
Only God can show us what real love is and what it does.
Many people decieve themselves in believing that old tired lie that they
are good,but in fact,no one is good but God,and God alone.
For sure we are not good without God no matter what we wish to be true.
Thomas didn't doubt like you think he did. He doubted that anyone saw
Jesus after he was nailed and killed on the cross.
You must also doubt true love too,and you must also doubt yourself.

Back