Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is 'Messianic Judaism'?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

RBDERRICK

Supporter
From some of the posts I've read, it looks like old Jewish traditions and fables applied to the NT.

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

They may be interesting as any other religious ideologies of the world, but that hardly makes them important to the NT of Jesus Christ.

From some of the posts I've read, it looks like old Jewish traditions and fables applied to the NT.

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

They may be interesting as any other religious ideologies of the world, but that hardly makes them important to the NT of Jesus Christ.

Messianic Judaism is a man made religion just as Judaism is a man made religion.

JUDAISM is a mixture of the law of Moses and the traditions (teachings) of men.

Judaism teaches that Jesus Christ is a false prophet and false teacher, and denies He is the Messiah.

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

JLB

Messianic Judaism is a man made religion just as Judaism is a man made religion.

JUDAISM is a mixture of the law of Moses and the traditions (teachings) of men.

Judaism teaches that Jesus Christ is a false prophet and false teacher, and denies He is the Messiah.

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

JLB
I thought so, but is that what the site knows they are open to? Unbelieving Jews still waiting for their own messiah?

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Aren't there still Jews rising up and proclaimed messiahs from time to time, only to die and not rise again?

Isn't it like certain Islamists claiming to be the '12th Imam'?

At least Mohammed tried to honor Jesus Christ as a great prophet. But of course His great Allah calls it blasphemy to be the only begotten Son of God.

Messianic Judaism is a Christian sect made of believers with Jewish heritage.
Ok. But why do they call it Judaism? But that OT religion is forsaken by the Lord God of Israel with His crucifixion and resurrection.

Paul refers to it as the 'Jews religion', that he was once a radical leader of, before repenting and converting to the Lord Jesus.

I see no purpose at all, other than intellectual curiosity in comparative religions, to be giving the old Jewish traditions and fables any serious time of day. And we know there is plenty of danger in it, since they are what the unbelieving Jews held to rather than the doctrine of God and His Son.

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the traditions of men.

I can get more down to earth satisfaction from reading Aesop's fables, without all the tomfoolery with the Scriptures of God.

Ok. But why do they call it Judaism? But that OT religion is forsaken by the Lord God of Israel with His crucifixion and resurrection.

Paul refers to it as the 'Jews religion', that he was once a radical leader of, before repenting and converting to the Lord Jesus.

I see no purpose at all, other than intellectual curiosity in comparative religions, to be giving the old Jewish traditions and fables any serious time of day. And we know there is plenty of danger in it, since they are what the unbelieving Jews held to rather than the doctrine of God and His Son.

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the traditions of men.

I can get more down to earth satisfaction from reading Aesop's fables, without all the tomfoolery with the Scriptures of God.
It doesn't really matter. They believe that Jesus/Yeshua is the promised Messiah, the same as we do.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back