Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Sin Does

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
People think they can control it, and only sin "a little" until they just get what they want. But before they know it, it has spun out of control, a tiny spark has become a forest fire, and property damaged and lives lost. Once you set foot onto the Dark Side, forever will it rule your destiny.

Well maybe just a little bit will be ok. I won't go too far, and it won't hurt anybody so it's ok.

Sound familiar?

A little leaven leaveneth the whole loaf. There's no way around it, cause and effect.

Hey let's teach the kids to lie! Remember that oh so very touching family movie, miracle on 34th street? Satan Claus on trial?...

But what's worse, a truth that brings a tear, or a lie that brings a smile?

So let's all lie about Satan Clause, and teach the kids that it's ok to lie.

It's just a little white lie, and it makes the kids sooo happy! :wall

A little leaven, leaveneth the whole loaf. That's all there is to it.

We can only look at King Saul's life as he slipped further and further into sin. I am sure there are others mentioned in the scriptures that we can think of.

Well maybe just a little bit will be ok. I won't go too far, and it won't hurt anybody so it's ok.

Sound familiar?

A little leaven leaveneth the whole loaf. There's no way around it, cause and effect.

Hey let's teach the kids to lie! Remember that oh so very touching family movie, miracle on 34th street? Satan Claus on trial?...

But what's worse, a truth that brings a tear, or a lie that brings a smile?

So let's all lie about Satan Clause, and teach the kids that it's ok to lie.

It's just a little white lie, and it makes the kids sooo happy! :wall

A little leaven, leaveneth the whole loaf. That's all there is to it.

Don't get my wife started on Santa Clause.
She is very passionate about this, the lie as you mentioned.

I was bought up with Santa and to be honest I was fascinated by Santa and beleived it.
Truth is that Santa was used as a control and negative. If I wasn't good then he wouldn't come. I even remember that presents under the tree were taken away because I was a naughty boy.

I don't get as upset as my wife does but we have 4 kids and right from the time they had an understanding of Christmas we have always told them that it's about Jesus and not Santa.

We did explain to them that their classmates may have been told about Santa, we also told them not to tell their classmates that santa was not real.

We felt that we did want them to be open to the possible consequences that could occur.

However we do take the opportunity when it arises to discuss the meaning of Christmas to those who tell their kids about Santa. It's their responsibility to tell their children, not ours or my kids.

Back