Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When did...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When did it become part of talking about marraige that we are almost expected to qualify our discussion by "Still married." It is so sad to see that our world is so used to a marraige failing that the one who are willing to work at it have to tell them, indeed we are still married.

i agree that i think it's horrible that having to say that is what it has come to. i actually just posted in another post and said "and we're still married 6 years later" but the reason i posted that is not because i'm amazed that we are, i knew we would still be married and will forever be married but we got married when we were 17/18 and alot of people looked down on us and didn't think it would last. so i'm proud to say to OTHERS i guess, yes it does last.

couldnt have said it better.

it used to be when a man shook your hand he meant what was promised and delivered, now we need contracts, even in marriage(pre nups)

jason

jasoncran said:
couldnt have said it better.

it used to be when a man shook your hand he meant what was promised and delivered, now we need contracts, even in marriage(pre nups)

jason

Amen....sad what the world's view on things such as marriage has become isn't it?

lionandthelamb said:
i agree that i think it's horrible that having to say that is what it has come to. i actually just posted in another post and said "and we're still married 6 years later" but the reason i posted that is not because i'm amazed that we are, i knew we would still be married and will forever be married but we got married when we were 17/18 and alot of people looked down on us and didn't think it would last. so i'm proud to say to OTHERS i guess, yes it does last.

I so agree. I married when I was 18, and the world thought it wouldn't last. But I knew that it would because we were designed as life partners. Without him, my life is only half of what it is, and neither of us are doing our best to strive for the end result (Ultimate Glory of our God Most High).

There was a time in my life when I placed no value on marriage whatsoever. It's funny, I believed that sex was only for the married, but I had a sense for a long time that people do not mean what they say, and so 'one flesh' was impossible in reality...people are just too fallen now. I never wanted to be married, because I didn't want to be divorced...especially with children...I had been part of a broke family and I wasn't going to inflict that type of pain on a child, or allow a wayward spouse to do it.

When I met Shaun, my late husband, he was just too much of a man of character to NOT be trusted. He taught me about family, about 'one flesh', and God used him to change my mind on many things. He really used him to teach me love and affection for the brotherhood. Very neat. I didn't realize that I was so unloving, until I met someone who was willing to lay his life down for me and love with all like Jesus did. His word meant something to me, just like God's Word. It was those very loving lessons that helped me through when God took Shaun...it was a preparation as I would watch my children suffer, and as I would suffer myself.

I think God's Word is discarded sometimes because of this mentality that no one can be trusted, and the spoken word is not real ore tangible. If God's Word means something, then marriage means something. 'One flesh' means something real and tangible. A vow before God is sacred and to be kept. I didn't believe that before, and God opened my eyes, and I have been able to experience it twice with two wonderful brothers in Christ...me, the girl who said 'never'.

Lovely~

When I met Shaun, my late husband, he was just too much of a man of character to NOT be trusted. He taught me about family, about 'one flesh', and God used him to change my mind on many things. He really used him to teach me love and affection for the brotherhood. Very neat. I didn't realize that I was so unloving, until I met someone who was willing to lay his life down for me and love with all like Jesus did. His word meant something to me, just like God's Word. It was those very loving lessons that helped me through when God took Shaun...it was a preparation as I would watch my children suffer, and as I would suffer myself.

I thank God for your wonderful clear witness of what a true godly husband is like... I realise that Shaun very likely had errors in his humaness, but his life in Christ which you portray in your personal witness here is inspiring! Thank you. :nod

A Pastor I listen to recently said: Do not marry a man unless you are impressed with his Christianity. :thumb

Perhaps too few men and women are upholding godly virtue as a test for a mate and ending up in divorce... :shame

shehisown~
:shades

Back