Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

when is the right time to start thinking about relationships, marriage, etc?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
I'm just interested in opinions on this.

I'm not boy-crazy, never have been. In fact up until recently I never really "liked" anybody. (Not counting crushes I had when I was in grade school.) I'm 18, almost 19. Still have finishing school to think about.

I'm not really thinking about anything in the way of relationships like that that until my early twenties or so. I don't think I'm ready for it at present, and I do have to get school finished. I was also told it can distract from your relationship with God.
And nothing even says I need to be in a relationship or get married anyways, so I may just be single all my life.

Asking out of curiosity more than anything else.

Can I hare with you a joke a painting contractor once did with me.

In discovering my faith and my status as single he promptly replied with a big grin: "Chris why should you be happy being single like you are, you should be married like the rest of us and suffer too.

Your ingle life comes with blessings as does your partnered life.

That secular painter although joking said something smart I remembered. ( he had bad marriage and funny sense of humour!)

The grass is always greener but it is still green.

Can I hare with you a joke a painting contractor once did with me.

In discovering my faith and my status as single he promptly replied with a big grin: "Chris why should you be happy being single like you are, you should be married like the rest of us and suffer too.

Your ingle life comes with blessings as does your partnered life.

That secular painter although joking said something smart I remembered. ( he had bad marriage and funny sense of humour!)

The grass is always greener but it is still green.

:thumbsup (authentic smile:))

It may sound too simple, but don't look until you clearly have a passion that is not being met. Then, wait on God as he introduces you to the one He wants you to be passionate for. Don't let anything other than God's clear prompting from the Holy Spirit cause you to seek a relationship.

Makes sense.
Coming from a broken family, which isn't uncommon these days, I do realize what can happen in a bad marriage. Because of this my mom has made sure that I know to seek God's guidance in these matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back