Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where do you meet Christian singles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Billnew

When I was in the military, I went to the bars with friends, 99% of the time, no one met anyone new.

I have found Christ since then, and the bars do not have a good track record, so I don't go to meet people.

Where do you meet Christian singles?

We have a Christian singles group in my area, small so far, but new. No one interests me, but we have fun doing things. We are wanting to expand our group, because it is so hard to meet singles that are also Christian in the middle aged group. (The singles group is at the largest church in the county.)

There is only so many church events to go to, and my little church has no one single in my age group. So I have started watching for church events in the area.

Any other suggestions?

When I was single, I did go to a lot of Christian singles groups, but I never found too many that I was even interested in dating. Made a few friends, but that's about it.

I eventually met my husband at work.

I don't know, I dated three guys I met I Christian singles group. One, I almost married...but he dumped me on my birthday after treating me like...oh well, long time ago. Another, nice enough guy, but wouldn't take no for an answer when I didn't want to go out on a second date. I kept telling him as nicely as I could, then pretty bluntly...and still he kept trying to get me to go out again. It came to the point that I actually "hid" in my apartment from him, pretending I wasn't home. He hung around for almost an hour before finally leaving, while I sat in the gathering darkness. I stopped going to the group altogether because I wasn't able to get him to leave me alone. Weird....just really weird.

The last guy from a Christian singles group I went out with...well, I was interested in him but a bit cautious because he was divorced. Not an instant deal breaker, but I did want to know why he was divorced. Then I found out that not only was he divorced but he had six children from his marriage, the youngest of which was only about 7 months old. I then really had to know what was so dang wrong with a woman that a man would divorce her and leave her to raise his 6 children when the youngest one hadn't even been born yet.

It was all over when I found out that he divorced his wife of 8 years because she was "cranky all the time". She had 6 kids in 8 years...gee, I wonder why she was "cranky".

Sorry to sound so negative about Christian singles groups. I know plenty of people who have met their soul mate and love of their life via Christian singles groups, but most of them were in their younger to mid 20's. When I got older, I don't know....

However, I do have a good friend that met his soul mate and love of his life via eHarmony. They have been married, three years so far and still very happy.

Back