Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who are our 'neighbors'?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I

Imagican

It seems that there is MUCH misunderstanding of exactly WHO our neihbors truly are.

The purpose of this thread is NOT to spend six days 'creating' something that has already been established, but to DEFINE the EXACT nature of 'neighbor'.

I won't spend more than about a page or so on such a topic as this for argument over the truth is a 'waste of time'.

Here goes:

It seems that many in the churches have come to some 'conclusion of their OWN' concerning this issue. That they 'feel' as if they are able to 'pick and choose' WHO their neighbors are or aren't.

I contend that this is purely FALSE teaching that is contrary to EVERYTHING that Christ taught. That our 'neighbors' ARE each and every other individual on this planet. Regardless of race or creed or sex. EVERY person on this planet IS the neighbor of EACH and every other member.

There IS pertinance to this clarification. For IF we begin to believe that our 'neighbors' are ONLY our brothers and sisters in Christ, then we have LOST the true purpose of Christ to begin with. And if we follow this trail, there is NO way that our interpretation of the Truth could be anything other than 'our own truth'.

So, who are the 'neighbors' refered to by Christ Jesus?

MEC

I agree with you MEC, that our 'neighbors' include everyone on this earth.

However, though I don't want to derail the subject of your thread, I will say that I believe that there is a difference between our 'neighbor' and brothers and sisters in the Lord. I believe that God desires us to have a closer, even more loving relationship with fellow Christians, than we do with non-believers. We should be leading by example, proving God's love to all, by our love for one another within the Church.

So then, while we have opporunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. Galatians 6:10

So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow-citizens with the saints, and are of God's household. Ephesians 2:19

Other Christians would be our siblings in Jesus. Our neighbors would be everyone else.

handy said:
I agree with you MEC, that our 'neighbors' include everyone on this earth.

However, though I don't want to derail the subject of your thread, I will say that I believe that there is a difference between our 'neighbor' and brothers and sisters in the Lord. I believe that God desires us to have a closer, even more loving relationship with fellow Christians, than we do with non-believers. We should be leading by example, proving God's love to all, by our love for one another within the Church.

So then, while we have opporunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. Galatians 6:10

So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow-citizens with the saints, and are of God's household. Ephesians 2:19

handy,

wouldn't 'leading' by example be to offer our LOVE TO ALL 'just as Christ DID'? I mean, over and over again we were told to love NOT ONLY OUR 'neighbors as ourselves', but OUR ENEMIES as well. There was NEVER anything offered 'teaching' to love our 'brothers and sisters' in Christ MORE than ANY other 'neighbor'.

I believe this is a PERFECT example of 'just what I stated' in my opening thread. And I am 'forced' to wonder WHERE such 'thinking' comes from. For The Word offers NO such distinction in our 'treatment' of 'others'. Yes, our brothers and sisters in Christ are certainly 'different' than those that 'aren't'. But ALL mankind are STILL our 'brothers and sisters' and deserving of the Love offered through Jesus Christ.

MEC

ChristineES said:
Other Christians would be our siblings in Jesus. Our neighbors would be everyone else.

Let me ask this:

IF we are to 'emulate Christ', aren't we MORE liable to love those that are our enemies as much or MORE than our 'brothers and sisters in Christ'. For those that have found Christ have found the 'gift' that has been offered. Those that 'have not' are the ones that NEED our 'example' MORE than those that have already 'accepted' the example offered through Christ.

Look folks, we are ALL brothers and sisters. The occultist, the adulterer, the child molester, the serial killers, the Jesus haters, the misers, the gluttons, the theives, the coveters, the heretics. Funny, but if I continued the list it would included EVERYONE on this forum. Hmmmmmm........ it all goes back to something about a plank and a 'splinter', I think.

Now I would ask again; Where do you suppose this 'belief' that Christians are 'different' or 'better' than ANYONE ELSE? It most CERTAINLY did NOT come from Christ or His apostles. For those that 'think' that they are 'good' DON'T NEED Christ. Oh, they are PLENTY capable of 'playing the game' of 'let's be a Christian'. But those that 'think' that they are 'sinless' can't even comprehend that which Christ came to offer.

Far be the gift's 'design' be for those that 'think' that they are 'good'. The gift was offered for those that KNOW that they are NOT. And 'thinking' that being a 'Christian' makes one 'better' than the 'child molester' is a prime example of those that have learned NOTHING concerning the purpose of Christ Jesus.

I mean; wouldn't it stand to reason that those that commit the WORST sins, (according to society), would need the MORE love and forgiveness? Think about it............

MEC

I don't think it says any where in the bible that we are supposed to love our enemies more than any one else.
It would be only normal to be more hurt if a friend hurt you than a stranger or an enemy. You would expect an enemy to hurt you but would be unprepared for a friend to hurt you. So if you hurt more by your friend's actions, then you would have to forgive them more. This seems to be true even if the enemy did more to hurt you.
A question: What is easier for you to forgive: Someone harming someone that you don't know or someone harming someone you love? I think for most of us it would be the former if the crime was the same. For some, however, it may be equal.

MEC, I think you are confusing two different terms. I have both siblings and great friends. I love both, but only my siblings are my siblings. I have love for my friends, but they are not my siblings. My siblings and I have ties and connections that my friends, no matter how close, can never share.

So it is with brothers and sisters in the Lord. When we are of the household of God, we share a connection of the Spirit that a non-believer, no matter how much we love them, can never share, unless they become a believer. This is why Paul exhorted us not to be yoked with unbelievers.

I do not have to call a person "brother" to love them. We do need to love our neighbor, we need to love our enemies, and we need to love our brothers and sisters in the lord. This doesn't mean that "brother", "neighbor" and "enemy" are interchageable terms.

You said, "Now I would ask again; Where do you suppose this 'belief' that Christians are 'different' or 'better' than ANYONE ELSE? It most CERTAINLY did NOT come from Christ or His apostles."

Now, I don't think that Christians are "better" than anyone else. But, the belief that Christians are different is straight from the Bible:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

But you are a Chosen Race, a Royal Priesthood, a Holy Nation, a People for God's own Possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts, which wage war against the soul. Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may on account of your good deeds, as they observed them, glorify God in the day of visitation. 1 Peter 2:9-12

I chose these two texts because they point out that while we were once no different than any one else, once we are the Lord's, we are sanctified, set apart, and that my friend does make us "different".

As to treatment, I agree with you that there should never be negative treatment of unbelievers.

ChristineES said:
I don't think it says any where in the bible that we are supposed to love our enemies more than any one else.
It would be only normal to be more hurt if a friend hurt you than a stranger or an enemy. You would expect an enemy to hurt you but would be unprepared for a friend to hurt you. So if you hurt more by your friend's actions, then you would have to forgive them more. This seems to be true even if the enemy did more to hurt you.
A question: What is easier for you to forgive: Someone harming someone that you don't know or someone harming someone you love? I think for most of us it would be the former if the crime was the same. For some, however, it may be equal.

See, now you ask, "Which is EASIER". And I agree. Until we are able to come to an understanding of the LOVE that Christ offered, WE WILL choose that which IS easiest. For we were already offered that to simply offer the love that we have to our friends and family, we have done NOTHING other than what ANY 'flesh' would do. But to SEEK that which is 'beyond' the 'flesh' we MUST encorporate an 'understanding' that 'goes beyond'.

I ask you, have you 'read' The Word? Did you NOT read that previous to Christ's appearance here on earth WE WERE ALL ENEMIES OF GOD? He did NOT simply send His Son to die for those that LOVED HIM, but to those that mostly HATED Him or didn't even KNOW Him.

You asked 'where it is stated in scripture' that we LOVE our enemies MORE than our families or friends? I offer that the scriptures offer JUST THIS. For they PLAINLY offer the understanding that those that DON'T know Christ NEED our love MORE than those that DO. For without the knowledge and acceptance of Christ there is ONLY DEATH.

Have you not also read that the relationships that we have on this earth WILL NOT EXIST IN HEAVEN?

Also, to offer a deeper understanding; We have NO idea 'who' our friends are to start with. We have little understanding of the WORD 'friend' even. If MOST have a misunnderstanding of LOVE, then they could have little further understanding of 'friendship'. We certainly USE these words; Love, friendship, but few have ANY conception whatsoever of the TRUE meaning of them.

I had a pretty good feeling that I may get such replies if such a thread as this were raised. And that is EXACTLY 'why' I started it. For you see, there is MUCH more to God's will than most have been 'taught'. For the churches are such superficial 'leaders' in the faith that they are able to teach little more than the 'word' itself. 'Warm fuzzies' and 'cute phrases', little more. Funny, but if Christ were present right this very minute, (in the flesh), do you reacon He's be running around with a 'WWJD' bracelet on his arm? or maybe a little 'prayer of Jabez' book marker in His Bible?

Superficial fantasy and fairytales. Void of all but the most basic of teachings. Offering their 'own sort' of forgiveness that takes only a few 'bucks' in the plate to BUY IT. No, my friends, Christ is most likely 'crying' right this very minute. Watching the feeble attempts of men 'trying to' but never actually FINDING the TRUTH for the sake of 'self' and the 'flesh'.

I can plainly see now why it is so difficult for my words to be accepted by the majority of the posters on this forum. For most have obviously 'bought into' the 'watered down' teachings of the churches and have blinded themselves from EVEN the responsibility of the 'TRUTH'.

Now, how do you suppose one can follow Christ without even understanding that which He taught. Do you HONESTLY 'think' that just 'using His name' is ENOUGH? Ahhhh, but the churches TEACH such rubbish. Hardly folks, for how could one have FAITH in something that they DO NOT KNOW. And HOW could one KNOW Christ but NOT KNOW the things that I offer here. For I am NOTHING other than a 'lowly servant'. But one that seeks enough to at least 'READ' the Word offered by God through His Son.

Golly Gee, I bet I really AM the 'bad guy' NOW. Hmmmmm........ Not only you guys, but by following the TRUE Christ I have become enemies of mine own household. The TRUTH hurts I know. For NO ONE has experienced ANY MORE pain than myself when first exposed to it. It hurts to this day but life is practically MEANINGLESS without it. Playing 'games' IS fun. But fun is fleeting and there are CERTAINLY more important things than what 'tickles' ones emotions.

MEC

I think you have it backwards Imagican.

We are to love God first and foremost. We are also to love our neighbours as ourselves. Our neighbours include enemies and friends. However, if we are to love our enemies, how much more we ought to love other true Christians, or at least the love shown is special in some way. The reason is that Christ stated that the world will know we are followers of his by our love for true Christians, the way Christ loves us (John 13:33-35). Notice that the world won't know we are his followers by our love for them or for our enemies.

This is very significant. The point being that the world has the right to judge whether one is a Christian by that one's love for other true Christians.

Imagican said:
For you see, there is MUCH more to God's will than most have been 'taught'. For the churches are such superficial 'leaders' in the faith that they are able to teach little more than the 'word' itself. 'Warm fuzzies' and 'cute phrases', little more. Funny, but if Christ were present right this very minute, (in the flesh), do you reacon He's be running around with a 'WWJD' bracelet on his arm? or maybe a little 'prayer of Jabez' book marker in His Bible?

Superficial fantasy and fairytales. Void of all but the most basic of teachings. Offering their 'own sort' of forgiveness that takes only a few 'bucks' in the plate to BUY IT. No, my friends, Christ is most likely 'crying' right this very minute.
Are you really this ignorant? How long has it been since you have passed through the doors of a church on a Sunday morning?

Imagican said:
I can plainly see now why it is so difficult for my words to be accepted by the majority of the posters on this forum.
It's because you are wrong in many respects to your understanding of Scripture.

Imagican said:
Now, how do you suppose one can follow Christ without even understanding that which He taught. Do you HONESTLY 'think' that just 'using His name' is ENOUGH? Ahhhh, but the churches TEACH such rubbish.
What do you mean by this?

Imagican said:
And HOW could one KNOW Christ but NOT KNOW the things that I offer here.
I do know Christ and that is precisely why I know many things you offer miss the mark.

Imagican said:
Not only you guys, but by following the TRUE Christ I have become enemies of mine own household. The TRUTH hurts I know. For NO ONE has experienced ANY MORE pain than myself when first exposed to it.
And just what was this "truth" you were exposed to and were you a Christian prior to that?

Imagican said:
But fun is fleeting and there are CERTAINLY more important things than what 'tickles' ones emotions.
Interesting how you continue to state that you are a "lowly servant", etc., but claim that your own, personal understanding of Scripture is correct and most every church and believer attending them have it all wrong. That is feigned humility.

Free,

You may call it what you will. But it is quite obvious to any that 'are' aware of the 'truth' that 'it' is NOT what is preached in the churches. A 'semblance' but totally missing the 'power'.

I was as FAR from being a 'Christian' as one can be. Lost in a world of 'flesh' with absolutely NO desire for ANYTHING 'righteous'.

And Free, I did NOT FIND GOD. He found me. I have noted some of my past responses on a 'specific' thread durring my last 'run' here. I don't know if you read it or are even interested but I would imagine that it still exists.

I can offer scripture that refutes almost EVERYTHING that you offered in rebuttal to my previous post. Question; If I could CLEARLY show through scripture that which I offered in my previous post, would you, could you, accept The TRUTH?

For, if you have 'bought into' what you have been 'taught' rather than that offered by Our Father through His Son, then there is NOTHING that I can offer that is able to alter what you CHOOSE to believe.

But I CAN offer wholesome words pertaining to the 'wisdom of God' that just MAY be able to 'open the eyes' of those willing to 'see'. Other than this, it's between you and your maker what you are to 'understand'.

For MOST of what I offer I now realize will be spurned by MOST for the sake of what they have 'learned'. What I question most is 'where they learned it'. For MOST of what I offer I offer through KNOWLEDGE. Knowlege obtained from Our creator through His Word.

As offered in my previous post; I find that those that are most likely to offer rebuttle to my posts 'appear' to be those that haven't even read The Word. I do NOT believe that you are one of these but an inability to understand what I have offered makes me wonder.

Let me know if you would like for me to POINT OUT scripture PROVING what I have offered and I will most certainly offer what you ask. But I am UNABLE to offer explanation and understanding of EVERYTHING offered in The Word. For my words are 'weak' as compared to that offered through God's own Word.

But let me start by offering this, (and we can progress from there if you wish):

1 John 3

1John.3 Verses 1 to 24

[1] Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
[3] And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
[5] And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
[6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
[10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
[11] For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
[12] Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
[13] Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
[14] We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.[15] Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
[16] Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
[17] But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?[18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
[19] And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
[20] For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.[21] Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
[22] And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
[23] And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
[24] And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Now let me ask this: HOW did we receive commandment as offered above? What were the words of Christ concerning that which is MOST important? You already offered it Free, "love God with all your heart, mind and soul, and SECOND, love your neighbor AS YOURSELF.

Christ did NOT make a distinction of 'neighbor' being ANYTHING other than 'other people'. For there was not even a distinction of 'Christian' at the time for The Spirit had not even been 'sent' as of the time that Christ offered these words. And the words referenced were NOTHING NEW. They dated all the way back to the time of Moses. The ten commandments are NOTHING other than this VERY TEACHING.

MEC

Imagican said:
I can offer scripture that refutes almost EVERYTHING that you offered in rebuttal to my previous post. Question; If I could CLEARLY show through scripture that which I offered in my previous post, would you, could you, accept The TRUTH?
My post came from the words of Christ himself so what is it that you disagree with? If you have anything to refute Christ with, then feel free.

Free said:
I think you have it backwards Imagican.

We are to love God first and foremost. We are also to love our neighbours as ourselves. Our neighbours include enemies and friends. However, if we are to love our enemies, how much more we ought to love other true Christians, or at least the love shown is special in some way. The reason is that Christ stated that the world will know we are followers of his by our love for true Christians, the way Christ loves us (John 13:33-35). Notice that the world won't know we are his followers by our love for them or for our enemies.

Let's start here. Christ is the ONE that offered we are to love our enemies AS WELL as our friends and family. He even offers that THIS is the 'difference' between those that follow Him and those that simply follow The World. The world will know that we follow Christ through our 'confession' of such, (for this IS what we are SUPPOSED to DO). But the example that we offer 'just may' offer the 'nudge' that many NEED in order to seek what we have found.

This is very significant. The point being that the world has the right to judge whether one is a Christian by that one's love for other true Christians.

Hmmmmm.............

Imagican said:
For you see, there is MUCH more to God's will than most have been 'taught'. For the churches are such superficial 'leaders' in the faith that they are able to teach little more than the 'word' itself. 'Warm fuzzies' and 'cute phrases', little more. Funny, but if Christ were present right this very minute, (in the flesh), do you reacon He's be running around with a 'WWJD' bracelet on his arm? or maybe a little 'prayer of Jabez' book marker in His Bible?

Superficial fantasy and fairytales. Void of all but the most basic of teachings. Offering their 'own sort' of forgiveness that takes only a few 'bucks' in the plate to BUY IT. No, my friends, Christ is most likely 'crying' right this very minute.
Are you really this ignorant? How long has it been since you have passed through the doors of a church on a Sunday morning?

I guess I am ignorant if it takes me attending church to be informed. First of all; what does Sunday have to do with it anyway. The Sabbath is NO SECRET. It's Saturday if one chooses to go by a calandar. But Free, EVERY DAY is the LORDS day for those that LOVE and honor HIM.
The man made churches with their 'begging seminars, rock and roll bands, fancy book stores, and high tech air conditioners' have LITTLE if ANYTHING to do with The Truth.
Oh, and the 'doors of a church'............let's see, ah, hmmmm, actually, I don't remember. But I am a 'part' of The Church every minute of every day.

Imagican said:
I can plainly see now why it is so difficult for my words to be accepted by the majority of the posters on this forum.
It's because you are wrong in many respects to your understanding of Scripture.

Imagican said:
Now, how do you suppose one can follow Christ without even understanding that which He taught. Do you HONESTLY 'think' that just 'using His name' is ENOUGH? Ahhhh, but the churches TEACH such rubbish.
What do you mean by this?

What I mean is that WITHOUT Love, it doesn't matter what YOU SAY. You can say that you 'believe' in Christ, but if there is a 'lack' of LOVE in your heart for your neighbors, then the love of Christ does NOT abide in your heart. PERIOD. Yet I have witnessed MANY churches that teach that all it takes is to confess, (say), Christ is your Savior for this to be manifest; RUBBISH.

Imagican said:
And HOW could one KNOW Christ but NOT KNOW the things that I offer here.
I do know Christ and that is precisely why I know many things you offer miss the mark.

All that I have to offer, Free, was given to me and is offered by me for free. I offer NOTHING of 'mine own'. So if you don't recognize these words then I can offer NOTHING else except prayer.

Imagican said:
Not only you guys, but by following the TRUE Christ I have become enemies of mine own household. The TRUTH hurts I know. For NO ONE has experienced ANY MORE pain than myself when first exposed to it.
And just what was this "truth" you were exposed to and were you a Christian prior to that?

NO, anything BuT. The TRUTH could be broken down into ONE WORD: God. and that word we KNOW represents LOVE. Pretty simple really. Something that I was utterly devoid of until coming to the TRUTH. Oh, I had 'self-love', I KNEW what PLEASED my 'flesh' and I LOVED that. But the love that God has for us was something completely alien to me previous to being 'shown' the TRUTH.

Imagican said:
But fun is fleeting and there are CERTAINLY more important things than what 'tickles' ones emotions.
Interesting how you continue to state that you are a "lowly servant", etc., but claim that your own, personal understanding of Scripture is correct and most every church and believer attending them have it all wrong. That is feigned humility.

All I know, Free, is what I KNOW. And we are TOLD to 'judge the spirit' of what others offer. We have ONE instance of Christ being provoked to 'anger'. Remember? He was angered over people making a mockery of His Father's House by buying and selling within it. Yet here we have the churches doing EVEN WORSE today. And I cannot 'NOT' see? Unfortunately for those around me that choose to live in 'this world', I am unable to contain it regardless of their 'feelings'. For IF they too have 'seen' what has been 'shown' to me, then they would understand EXACTLY what has been offered in TRUTH. I know, I know; 'my' truth right? Beware, my brother. And I say this NOT as a 'threat' for it is not mine to judge, but in warning, (or as a reminder).

And let me add this Free, upon the death of Christ the curtain in the temple was rent in twain. At that point, God NO LONGER dwelt within the 'temple'. God was no longer 'in the house'. At that point the 'temple' became the hearts of men. Your 'churches' are most certainly NOT 'my Church. That there may be members of The Body in the churches is debatable. But I can assure you that there are more OUTSIDE their walls than INSIDE them.

MEC

Good topic Mike! I've done some study in this area and this is how I would sum it up.

One need not look any further than the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37) to discover who one’s neighbor is.

The topic of this thread reminds me of the teacher of the Law,
Luke 10:29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

Instead of asking, “Who is my neighborâ€Â, perhaps it’s better if we become that neighbor lest we become concieted and forget the mercy that we have recieved from our Lord.

Luke 10:37 The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

For a deeper understanding of this parable, one must consider what each person walking by represented within the social structure of the day. How dare a lowly Samaritan be more rightoues than a Jew, let alone a priest!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back