Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who are true believers?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
True believers are people who believe God. They, therefore, value what God says and stands for; keep His commandments (John 14:15; 1 John 2:3-6); and live a Godly life. Should not they, therefore, like Jesus, love those who hate them (Luke 6:27) and sacrifice their own interest in order to compensate for the offenses their offenders have caused them? God stayed faithful to His people although they abandoned Him and were unfaithful to Him. Should not true believers, therefore, always stay faithful to their spouse; even if their spouse has been unfaithful to them (Hosea 3:1)? In addition, because God is love, true believers will have an absolute trust, that through love all problems can be solved. Should not they, therefore, not resort to law suites (1 Corinthians 6:7), revenge (Romans 12:19) and war (Matthew 5:21-22; Matthew 26:52; Ephesians 2:14-16 & Zech 4:6)?

Indeed. To truely believe is to obey. And true Christians follow their name sake: Christ, and strive to be Christ-like, following his perfect example.

~Josh

arunangelo said:
True believers are people who believe God. They, therefore, value what God says and stands for; keep His commandments (John 14:15; 1 John 2:3-6); and live a Godly life. Should not they, therefore, like Jesus, love those who hate them (Luke 6:27) and sacrifice their own interest in order to compensate for the offenses their offenders have caused them? God stayed faithful to His people although they abandoned Him and were unfaithful to Him. Should not true believers, therefore, always stay faithful to their spouse; even if their spouse has been unfaithful to them (Hosea 3:1)? In addition, because God is love, true believers will have an absolute trust, that through love all problems can be solved. Should not they, therefore, not resort to law suites (1 Corinthians 6:7), revenge (Romans 12:19) and war (Matthew 5:21-22; Matthew 26:52; Ephesians 2:14-16 & Zech 4:6)?
True believers have more than faith. They put their faith into action by living a transformed life.

James 2: 14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe thatâ€â€and shudder.

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

1 John 3: 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 19This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence 20whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

21Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

You are not saved by mumbling the words that you expect God wants to hear. You are saved by confessing Christ in your heart and desiring in your heart to change. Words are not enough. Our actions show what is in our heart and God looks into our heart. Words can lie. Actions do not save us, but they show the kind of faith that does save us.

Blessings,
Dunamite

Good stuff guys. Such understanding is truly the beginning of that which God wants MOST. Refreshing to see that even though MOST most likely are UNABLE to perform PERFECTLY to their understanding, but REALIZE the TRUTH whether they are able to fulfill it or not.

For the BEGINNING of understanding IS the 'first' step of BEING that which we were MEANT to BE. God LOVES us and KNOWS how difficult it IS to overcome temptation. He has witnessed this since the 'creation of man'. What's most important is that we become PERFECT in an UNDERSTANDING of LOVE, which God IS. Forgiveness was offered so that we could actually understand the DEPTHS of God's love for us. How could we possibly understand this if we are unable to forgive our brothers and sisters, (neighbors)? For it IS this 'love' for one another that we MUST exhibit in order to even come close to the understanding that has been offered through The Word and example performed by Christ Jesus.

Thanks, all of you. Reading these offerings brought a 'smile to my heart' and I can only hope that others will read them and experience the same.

MEC

I would also add that true believers also have right doctrine. That is essential.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back