Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Isn't Satan a Snitch?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ugmug

Why Isn't Satan a Snitch?

In the Book of Revelation it is revealed that ….

Revelation 10:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

While the apostle John was there in heaven to record everything that unfolded in our future (which he wrote down in the Book of Revelation) he didn't reveal what the seven thunders said in Revelation 10:4.

Additionally, Satan who was there in heaven watching his own future unfold either in person or hidden as he did during The Last Supper, knew what was said by the seven thunders and even Satan has remained silent as to what the Seven Thunders said!

Both Satan and John had remained silent as to what the seven thunders said even after the Revelation shown by Jesus Christ was completed.

Now both John and Satan had contact with this world afterward and could have easily revealed what was said by the Seven Thunders in Revelation 10:4, but they didn't. This shows us that, not only did John obey God by remaining silent, but Satan obeyed God and remained silent as well!

Satan knew what was said in Revelation 10:4 but has remained silent and has not passed this information on to his evil angels or to those in this world who find Satan an attractive object of worship. This all shows that even Satan obeys God!

AGAIN I WILL REPEAT – BY SATAN REMAINING QUIET ABOUT WHAT WAS SAID IN REVELATION 10:4 SATAN HAS OBEYED GOD! IF SATAN FEARS GOD, AND WILLINGLY REMAINS SILENT, THEN WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE SATAN IS SOME SORT OF FEARSOME ALTERNATIVE TO GOD IN HEAVEN!

Conclusion........Even Satan Obeys God!

Even if people say that Satan wasn't present in heaven to hear what the Seven Thunders had said in Revelation 10:4, it is just further proof that Satan is not omnipotent …...meaning that Satan is not a God!

Could it be that the revelation that Jesus Christ gave the Apostle John was off-limits to Satan and even Satan is in the dark concerning the exact details of the end days foretold in the book of revelation?

If you believe Satan to be some sort of equal power to go against God, then you are sadly mistaken.

Satan fears God to the point of remaining silent as to what the Seven Thunders said in Revelation 10:4.

Satan is destined for hell along with all the others who refuse to believe in God's son Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ came to this world to offer himself as a sacrifice for all of our sins. If you want eternal life with the true God in heaven then just believe in Jesus Christ who is God's son – God become man- and rest assured you'll not go to hell as Satan and all his demons will ultimately go.

God Bless

Although Satan has access to heaven until cast out in Rev 12:9, did he, or does he have access to the words of Jesus' angel in Rev 1:1 showing John these things?

Joh 12:28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

Joh 12:29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

Revelation 19:6. "And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Revelation 6:1. "And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

So "I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

I have the following excerpt by Gene Hawkins in his study of Revelation concerning Rev 10:4. "And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not." Now this tells us those thunders are not just some indistinguishable noises. They have to be the words of men because John understood them so much so he was going to write them down and he was told no, don’t write them down; we're going to see a little more about that in just a moment. But these seven thunders are the voices of men and they are indeed thunders calling forth for the judgments that are going to come forth, but the voice says "Don't write them" and it simply means the time for those seven thunders have not yet come. Now you can hear the thunder of it but they have not yet arrived, so don’t write it down yet John.

Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

First of all John was not in the third heaven where God sits on His throne, but was only in the Spirit while on the isle of Patmos and heard Gods voice speak to him. Satan can not be in the Spirit therefore Satan never heard the conversation. The seven thunders is explained in Rev 8:5 as seven angels who will sound seven trumpets, Rev Chapters 8-11, as woes will fall on all men giving them a chance to repent of their sins before that of the seventh trumpet call that at that time Christ will appear in the clouds for His Bride and every eye will see Him and every knee will bow down, but yet many will not repent for their anger of the seven thunders.

It could also be that, supposing Satan overheard in the first place, it simply was not in his interest to snitch.

First of all John was not in the third heaven where God sits on His throne, but was only in the Spirit while on the isle of Patmos and heard Gods voice speak to him.
Dear Sister for_his_glory, your comment that John was not in Spirit in heaven is true until Rev 4:1 where he is asked to go up into heaven. “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither (To heaven), and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

To reinforce this thought we read of the Apostle Paul:

2 Cor 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

2 Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

It could also be that, supposing Satan overheard in the first place, it simply was not in his interest to snitch.
Dear Brother Sinthesis, to my understanding Satan can only anything to the righteous that God allows.

The trial of our faith is accomplished many times as the direct use of Satan to accomplish His will in us such as with Job. Satan does accuse us, but it is God giving the marching orders.

Job 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Job 2:6 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he (Job) is in thine hand; but save his life. Satan is limited.

Dear Sister for_his_glory, your comment that John was not in Spirit in heaven is true until Rev 4:1 where he is asked to go up into heaven. “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither (To heaven), and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

To reinforce this thought we read of the Apostle Paul:

2 Cor 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

2 Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Up until Rev 4:1 the Spirit was revealing to John visions of the seven Spirits of the seven Churches how God needs His Church to be in His perfect will in order to endure until the end. Rev 4:1 John is still in the Spirit as he sees as if it was a door in heaven opening to him as the Spirit is saying come hither which means to come closer in order for you to see the things which must come. John was never asked to go up into heaven, but only come closer to hear and see what the Spirit was about to reveal to him. You can not add (To heaven) to verse 1 if it's not there.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Paul used to different phrases as one was caught up to the third heaven and then said was caught up into paradise as Paul said he would come to visions and revelations of the Lord in vs.1. I believe it was only a vision while this person (who was more likely Paul talking about himself in the third person) was probably in the Spirit, since Paul did not know if this person was in or out of his body. I have to go with what John 3:13 says, And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

I've always been curious. What rule does one use to decide what to take literally, and what to take as metaphoric and allegoric (or apocalyptic..... and I do NOT mean the way we, today, have changed the Biblical meaning of the word.)

I've always been curious. What rule does one use to decide what to take literally, and what to take as metaphoric and allegoric (or apocalyptic..... and I do NOT mean the way we, today, have changed the Biblical meaning of the word.)
Good morning Brother Willie T, I can just give my opinion, and that is the faith of the individual Christian. Since we are to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus, it is evident to me that we are not all on the same page.

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.

I use this following illustration of scripture as applying to our many different doctrines, and though we differ on many things God receives us.

Rom 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Dear Brother Sinthesis, to my understanding Satan can only anything to the righteous that God allows.

The trial of our faith is accomplished many times as the direct use of Satan to accomplish His will in us such as with Job. Satan does accuse us, but it is God giving the marching orders.

Job 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Job 2:6 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he (Job) is in thine hand; but save his life. Satan is limited.

OK, but my point is that the argument of the OP simply isn't valid if Satan was never going to snitch in the first place for his own reasons.

Good morning Brother Willie T, I can just give my opinion, and that is the faith of the individual Christian. Since we are to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus, it is evident to me that we are not all on the same page.

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.

I use this following illustration of scripture as applying to our many different doctrines, and though we differ on many things God receives us.

Rom 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Does this mean, then, that I can never really trust what you tell me, and you can never really trust what I tell you, and none of us can ever trust what anyone else says? And that, since we are doing our own deciding, all of us are actually right in whatever we come up with.... considering that we believe the Spirit led us?

My original question was mainly about Revelation. Are we to consider the whole book to be taken literally, or metaphorically?...... Or, are we correct to decide that even though other people see one thing, it is only accurate the way we each, individually, read it?

So, whenever any of us thinks we are correcting someone else in their interpretation..... it is actually US who are wrong.... right?

Makes you wonder if maybe the Catholics have something going there in just throwing up their hands, and totally trusting the Pope to tell them how to see what they read.

Last edited:
Does this mean, then, that I can never really trust what you tell me, and you can never really trust what I tell you
Prayerfully we're convinced in our own minds based on scripture as to what we believe.

My original question was mainly about Revelation. Are we to consider the whole book to be taken literally, or metaphorically?...... Or, are we correct to decide that even though other people see one thing, it is only accurate the way we each, individually, read it?
Brother Willie T, I reckon that we must use the metaphors of Revelation in relation to what John saw. Old Testament scripture also points as examples according to 1 Cor 10:11, “Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition.” An especially good example to me is Ezekiel’s use of the term “Living creatures,” where John refers to them as beasts.

Eze 1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
Eze 1:6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
Eze 1:7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
Eze 1:8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
Eze 1:9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
Eze 1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
Eze 1:11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

But then John is shown the same ones Ezekiel saw and called them the four beasts. Were they beasts? We read in Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

My question would be as to whether these singing that they are redeemed are really beasts or men?
So, whenever any of us thinks we are correcting someone else in their interpretation..... it is actually US who are wrong.... right?
Makes you wonder if maybe the Catholics have something going there in just throwing up their hands, and totally trusting the Pope to tell them how to see what they read.[/QUOTE]
I came out of Catholicism! :)

I'll be posting Chris' latest Rescuing Revelation, Part IV, when Jim (our sound guy) gets it online. It was really good, and was the instigation for that fairly open-ended and nebulous question I asked above. In his sermon, Chris does ask the question, "How 'LITERAL' do you want to be?"

Back