Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Study the Names of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Albina,I have been moving your topics to the forum website and business plugs. The reason: Your post are more like advertisements, meaning that you offer a sound Bible verse and then offer a website for the members to click on. But you have not offered a position or debate that we can relate with, this is why I feel you have received no responses to your threads yet.

Forum moderator

Have you ever heard of a man named Andrew Jukes? Enequaled. Read his book entitled The Names of God. He lived in the 1800s. He was a true student of Scripture.

~Josh

Josh,

thanks, I never heard of him till u mentioned him
I found the book online.

thank you.

Here is something I found on the internet about Andrew Jukes:

Andrew Jukes was a Clergyman and Writer of the 19th century. He lived from 1815-1901 in England. He is noted for his writings on Universal Reconciliation or Universal Salvation. The author, who wrote FOUR VIEWS OF CHRIST and THE LAW OF THE OFFERINGS, also penned THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS, which originally took form as an extensive letter to a friend in the 1860s. This reprint brings the reader into an aspect of the author’s later ministry which may surprise some. In it he examines the Scriptures regarding the destiny of the human race.

source: http://members.tripod.com/totlogcon/filejuke.htm

I ask this, was he a Universalist? :o

I thought that the promotion of it is disallowed on this forum. :-?

Relic,

can you send another link
that one seems not to be working
thank you.

Albina said:
Relic,

can you send another link
that one seems not to be working
thank you.

You might want to click on it again. The link works fine for me but it does take awhile for the page to load. There isn't anything else on that page about Jukes except for what I copied and pasted here.

By the way, thank YOU for the link in your OP http://www.preceptaustin.org/god's_name-a_strong_tower_(ii).htm in regards to the Names of God. It is jam packed with excellent references.
So then, no need to get involved with cults that only confuse the truth and contradict the scriptures such as the Universalist Reconciliationists do. Aye? :wink:
Stick to the http://www.preceptaustin.org/ and don't let "reconciliationists" lead you off into some path which only leads to denying the Holy Truth of God in some areas.

The web site you provided even has some wonderful commentaries by Charles Haddon Spurgeon. :) What a very informative web site! Again, Thanks so much for the link.

Name of the LORD

Chart Summaries: parallels Kay Arthur's excellent study: "Lord I Want to Know You"
Name of the LORD is a Strong Tower: Summary Chart Pr18:10
Name of the LORD: Why Should You Study It?
Jehovah
The LORD our Helper
[url=http://www.preceptaustin.org/jehovah_jireh_-_god_our_provider.htm]Jehovah Jireh:
The LORD Will Provide (updated Fall/ 04)
Jehovah Rapha The LORD our Healer
Jehovah Roi (Raah, Rohi, Roeh): Pt 1 The Lord is My Shepherd
Jehovah Roi: Pt 2
Jehovah Sabaoth, LORD of hosts (of armies)
Jehovah Sabaoth: Pt2)
Jehovah Mekeddeshem: LORD Who Sanctifies
Jehovah Nissi: The LORD Our Banner
Jehovah Rapha: LORD Who Heals
Jehovah Shalom -Pt1: The LORD our Peace
Jehovah Shalom - Pt2
Elohim: My Creator
El Elyon: Most High God - Sovereign Over All
El Roi: God Who Sees
Our Stronghold - sermon by C H Spurgeon on Pr 18:10

Here are a couple more scriptures which reveal some of the names of God"

“Ah! His name is Jehovah-Shammah, the Lord is there;â€Â
(Ezekiel 48:35)

“His name is Jehovah-Tsidkenu, the Lord our righteousness,â€Â
(Jeremiah 23:6)

:-D

Yeah, Jukes got into some questionable interpretations of God's eternal redemption plan near the end of His life, but don't let that deter you from reading his other books. His book "Law of the Offerings" even recieved praise from Charles Spurgeon for being an excellent book for learning Biblical Types (the book being on types of Christ as viewed in the 5 offerings in Leviticus). "The Names of God" has no suggestion of his Universal Reconcilliation ideas, its a safe read and a good one! I never learned so much about the names of God in my life! Jukes read his Bible more than most people watch TV in a life time (then again they didn't have all the technological luxuries back then that we do now to distract them, and what better way to bide your time than to spend sun-up to sun-down studying the Bible)!

God Bless,

~Josh

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back