Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why The Seventh Day For Rest?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Friday 1-26-24 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Shevat 14 5784, 37th. Winter Day

There are many reasons, personally after six days and on the seventh day cycle of His labor He rested. here are a few views and yours is welcome.

Love, Walter And Debbie
God didn't need the rest. He rested because He created us with a seven day biological cycles in us. It's an undeniable evidence of creation and our need for the Sabbath.

I agree with Gary K. God created in 6 days and rested on the 7th to set a pattern for us.

I believe one of the things they did in the French Revolution was to make a 10 day week to get away from anything that would remind them of God.

I agree with Gary K. God created in 6 days and rested on the 7th to set a pattern for us.

I believe one of the things they did in the French Revolution was to make a 10 day week to get away from anything that would remind them of God.
Hello Whatever, Thank you.

Yeah, the French Revolution was pure evil. They deified the Goddess of Reason. It's where rationalist beliefs came from such not accepting miracles, rejecting the deity of Jesus, and throwing out the inspiration of scripture.

I have some more on this. The following quote comes from a scientific article.

Mammalian pineal gland: 7-Day Rhythmic Activity In their
researchon rats at London University in 1975, Vollrath, et al. [1]
confirmed the fact that the mammalian Pineal Gland undergoes
prominent circadian changes in function, which are quite dependent
on environmental lighting conditions. They reported that there are
indications which suggest that the Pineal Gland of rats kept in their
laboratories exhibited in addition to 24 hour cycles, characteristic
7-day cycles. It was unclear to them whether the rhythms were
caused by internal or external factors and whether the rhythm was
just a peculiarity of rats kept under environmental conditions of
their laboratory. The finding that concerns us for the purposes of this
discussion however, is that HIOMT enzyme activity under natural
lighting conditions was HIGHEST on Saturdays and lowest on
Thursdays; the Thursday values being six times lower than those on
Saturdays. A gradual decrease in enzyme activity was noted between
Saturdays and Thursdays. A striking increase occurred between
Fridays and Saturdays.

God has not rested yet, and therefore the seventh day has not yet arrived.

Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
Genesis 2:1-3

• My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:16-18

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2 Peter 3:8

JLB

Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:16-18

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

JLB
So you're going to quote scripture that says exactly what you claim it doesn't say. Then you go on to misuse scripture that is prophetic in nature and apply it to the past.

JLB
It says God rested on the 7th day. It doesn't say He continued to rest from then after.

So you're going to quote scripture that says exactly what you claim it doesn't say. Then you go on to misuse scripture that is prophetic in nature and apply it to the past.

I quoted scripture that says God has been working to this day.

Here it is again —

But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” John 5:17

If the Father has been working to this day, then He has not yet ceased from His work and rested yet.

Obviously the seventh day as God intended hasn’t arrived, since a day to Him is a thousand years.

JLB

I quoted scripture that says God has been working to this day.

Here it is again —

But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” John 5:17

If the Father has been working to this day, then He has not yet ceased from His work and rested yet.

Obviously the seventh day as God intended hasn’t arrived, since a day to Him is a thousand years.

JLB
In that sense, you are correct, for the Millennial Reign Of Christ

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
It says God rested on the 7th day. It doesn't say He continued to rest from then after.

It says on the seventh day He rested.

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.
Genesis 2:2

If a day is a thousand years then the seventh day on which He rested is yet to come. However, since God is not constrained by time, He is already there.

So we see from a perspective of eternity He is at rest.

From a perspective of earth and time, He is still working in our lives so that we may enter His rest.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” John 5:16-17

As it is written —

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. Hebrews 4:9

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back