Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Colton B

Why do we teens let the adults take the Christian stand?
I know some of the answer but I want to know what all of you think.

Why do we act afraid of what people think of us when we act Christianly but when we we act all unclean and wrong we could careless?
again I know some of this answer but I want to know what you all think.

Those are my two main questions for the teens. I know I said I know some of the answer but I really want to know what you all think!!

So post away!

Colton B said:
Why do we teens let the adults take the Christian stand?
Do you mean why do we let the adults take the Christian lead? Well they are more knowledgable and have more epxerience than we do, so naturally they will take the lead.

Colton B said:
Why do we act afraid of what people think of us when we act Christianly but when we we act all unclean and wrong we could careless?
Well the majority of the world is not with us in Christ, in fact they are hostile towards us. So in lots of cases, if we act 'Christianly', they will put us down, and we don't want that! (of course that should not bother us and we should act Christianly).
And when we act 'wrong' or not what Jesus would want us to do, we 'blend in' with the world. When you blend in, people don't notice you as much becasue you are doing the same kinds of things as they are doing.

Your first answer is true but we talk about taking a stand..but yet we sit back let the adults do work and then when it's our turn some of us don't know what to do.

Second answer...we aren't supposed to blend in. We blend in because we are afraid of what non-christians will think of us when truth of the matter is we should only care about what Jesus thinks.

We need to take the stand no matter what anybody else thinks. It's all about what God thinks. It shouldn't matter what others think. Pray that you will receive the strength to get rid of the fear of what others think and just care about what God thinks.

Colton B said:
Second answer...we aren't supposed to blend in. We blend in because we are afraid of what non-christians will think of us when truth of the matter is we should only care about what Jesus thinks.
That is what I meant...I don't think I wrote my post very well - it might have seemed that I had meant the opposite.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back