Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will God forgive me for not believing in Jesus when I was a little boy?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Eliximbo

Hi y'all

When i was a little kid my mom used to make me deny that Jesus Christ is God The Son in a human body or even the Holy Trinity and that Jesus is the Messiah or that he died on the cross for our sins, etc. So because I was a little kid I believed her and I actually started to deny everything, maybe she did this because she is Muslim so they don't believe in all of that maybe. They believe that Issa is the Messiah and that Jesus is not exist and that Issa took someone's face and replaced their faces near the cross before they kill him so they can't know who is the one they want to kill i don't know, and actually they don't even believe that he raised from death. But I personally don't believe in that because when I grew up a little the Holy Spirit choosed me so i became a someone that believe in Jesus is the Massiah, he raised from death, he is the Son of God, etc.

So I want to ask if God will forgive me and what to do?

Thank y'all

Hey All,
I so sorry you worried about this Eliximbo. There is no specific verse that states a definitive "age of accountability." It is derived from a general knowledge of how God acts. Let's explore:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if aI any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

You became a new creation the moment you believed. All of your sin were forgiven the moment you received Jesus.

Romans 7:7-8 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

I don't normally use the NIV. But in this case we have a clearer understanding of these verses.

Romans 7:7-8 What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."
8. But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead.

People, who lived prior to the Law, were not held to the consequences of the Law. We have to understand what sin is before God holds us accountable for it. This extends to children as well.
This would be true for children as well. Until a child knows what it means to covet, they are not held accountable for the sin of covetousness.

Keep walking everybody.
May god bless,
Taz

Hi y'all

When i was a little kid my mom used to make me deny that Jesus Christ is God The Son in a human body or even the Holy Trinity and that Jesus is the Messiah or that he died on the cross for our sins, etc. So because I was a little kid I believed her and I actually started to deny everything, maybe she did this because she is Muslim so they don't believe in all of that maybe. They believe that Issa is the Messiah and that Jesus is not exist and that Issa took someone's face and replaced their faces near the cross before they kill him so they can't know who is the one they want to kill i don't know, and actually they don't even believe that he raised from death. But I personally don't believe in that because when I grew up a little the Holy Spirit choosed me so i became a someone that believe in Jesus is the Massiah, he raised from death, he is the Son of God, etc.

Thank y'all
The good news: He already has forgiven you of your unbelief. No "will he" about it. It is already a done deal. Many have been saved and forgiven for much worse sins than that. If your mom is muslim, then she was taught there is no Trinity, that God has no son, etc.

What do you do now? Press into HIM and become as much like Jesus as you can. And pray that the spiritual blinders your mom grew up with be removed so she can see the Messiah.

Hi y'all

Thank y'all

Of course, He will. I don't think, though, that you were truly guilty of denying Christ, since your mother forced you to it.

The only sin God cannot forgive is the sin of refusing to repent of one's sin, confessing it and trusting in Christ as Savior and one's Lord. (James 4:6-10; 1 John 1:9; Romans 10:9-10)

Of course God will forgive you. They can tattoo you head to foot. Its whats in your heart that matters. No one can con God. Jesus knows who loves Him and those who have false faith and fake pretenses.

Psalm chapter 6:8
Depart from me , all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord heard my voice of my weeping.
6:9. For the Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.
Dont forget to repent sins to God. Were in the flesh, we all sin.
Take care.

Hi y'all

Thank y'all
Yes, He will forgive you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back