Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

World Peace?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

bibleberean

No Hope and No Peace Without The "Prince Of Peace"

"Visualize world Peace!"

The bumper sticker with the words "Visualize World Peace" can be seen on many cars and trucks. The idea being promoted is a that dreams can become a reality. We should all simply dump our negative thoughts and emotions. Then we should collectively think and meditate on peace and love and then our combined positive cosmic vibrations will soon materialize into a beautiful world wide paradise of brotherhood and peace!

John Lennon's song "Imagine" is the international anthem of this global group of collective dreamers.

John Lennon's New Age hymn promotes the idea that "oneness" will come about when we join him and his enlightened disciples in dreaming about global unity.

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
And some day I hope you'll join us
And the world will be as one"

Reality... John Lennon was shot to death by someone outside of his dream.

Wiccan's cast spells and perform ritual ceremonies designed to heal "mother earth". New age witches and wizards dance naked, chant and sing all with the hope that through their collective powers the earth will be healed and a world of love and harmony will spring forth.

The bible is even used to promote this concept of peace through positive thinking.

"...and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." Isaiah 2:4

This verse is used as a mantra to get Jews and Christians involved in this movement.

Wait a minute! They left out part of this verse. This is how Isaiah 2:4 should be quoted.

"AND HE SHALL JUDGE AMONG THE NATIONS, AND SHALL REBUKE MANY PEOPLE: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

"HE" in the first part of this verse is the Lord Jesus Christ. He will return to earth and rescue the Jews from antichrist's armies and save a war torn earth from total and complete destruction.

"HE" Jesus will bring world peace. He causes the people of the earth to beat their "swords into plowshares". Righteousness and peace come through Him not through us. We (collective mankind) are the problem. How can selfish, wicked, rebellious man bring about world peace?

Has there ever been world peace? Do people get along anywhere on the earth? Is there a group of people who are good enough to usher in an era of peace and love?

Christianity will not and cannot save the world. Only God can do that. If Christians could do it then they would not need a Savior! We are saved from ourselves and the ravages of sin. We are a polluted bunch of sinners. The prayer of the church that Christ built should be a biblical one. "Come Lord Jesus!" Maranatha!

The church has been getting it's information from the world and not the bible. The scriptures tell the church to wait for God's Son.

False prophets and false teachers have been misleading God's flock! In the Old Testament the false prophets tickled Israels itching ears with hopes of peace. They were liars then and they are liars now!

Peace is not coming! Destruction and horror the likes the world has never seen is on it's way. Believe Jesus not the world and the false prophets!

Here is what is coming. This is a true prophecy.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, TAKE HEED THAT NO MAN DECEIVE YOU.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows...

...21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 AND EXCEPT THOSE DAYS SHOULD BE SHORTENED, THERE SHOULD NO FLESH BE SAVED: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Jesus is the prince of peace. He alone will bring peace. Those who oppose their Creator will perish. That is a fact.

Does that mean we shouldn't do good? Does that mean we shouldn't live as much as possible with all men?

No! On the contrary we are to be good stewards with what God has given us. We are to promote peace while understanding that the true peace we are looking for is not possible without Divine Intervention.

Remember, man and sin are the problem and all men are sinners.

Christian, spend your time preaching the gospel that souls may be saved from wrath. Don't waste your time preaching world peace. Believe God not man. Serve God not man.

Remember the blessed hope of the church.
1Thessalonians 1:9-10

"For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; And TO WAIT FOR HIS SON FROM HEAVEN, whom he raised from the dead, [even] JESUS, WHICH DELIVERED US FROM THE WRATH TO COME.

Does that mean we shouldn't do good? Does that mean we shouldn't live as much as possible with all men?

No! On the contrary we are to be good stewards with what God has given us. We are to promote peace while understanding that the true peace we are looking for is not possible without Divine Intervention.

Remember, man and sin are the problem and all men are sinners.

Christian, spend your time preaching the gospel that souls may be saved from wrath. Don't waste your time preaching world peace. Believe God not man. Serve God not man.

I would add that the Gospel actually IS the means by which world peace COULD come about. I think if people understand the depth of God's forgiveness towards us, forgiveness of others comes much more readily. Now, God indeed works His Divine Intervention through His Word. However, it's based in love, and that has a vunerabilty in that it cannot force.... ...and so some will continue to resist unto eternity. Even so, I see nothing wrong with letting God work passionately through us to save the lost.. ..and in that showing the lasting peace in Christ.

The delusion of humanism has people thinking that we are to strive for peace between each other even if it means putting aside our religious beliefs to do so. This is one of the biggest lies of this age, and is one of the best playing cards of the antichrist spirit.
Jesus said He didn't come to bring peace but a sword, but this only applies to those who refuse to compromise the written words of God or transgress His boundaries; those written in both words and on the heart.
Matthew 10:34-35 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’

Those same principles apply to all people and nations who are in rebellion against the God whose son is Jesus Christ. A true man of God will not be able to pitch his tent among them without the truth of Matthew 10:34-35 coming into effect.
Another command God gives His people concerning the false church and other forms of spiritual pollution is found in 2 Corinthians 6:17..

“ Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.â€Â

Whenever a church or fellowship falls into apostasy the first and greatest card the devil will use to control the masses is the "love, peace, and unity" card.
He will use naive and unsuspecting people to control and manipulate others into thinking confrontation means hatefulness and disunity.
He will hit them again and again with this lie until any form of speaking out against heresy and false doctrine seems divisive. It's the same analogy as putting the frog in a pot of water and then turning the water up gradually; the frog doesn't ever even realize he's being boiled alive.
I've watched strong bible believeing christians lay down their own God given convictions for the sake of false love and unity. Again, the core of this is a demon inspired form of humanism that puts man in the seat of God, to be honored in place of and above Him.

Only Jesus' return will bring authentic love peace and unity at the 'world' level.

destiny said:
The delusion of humanism has people thinking that we are to strive for peace between each other even if it means putting aside our religious beliefs to do so. This is one of the biggest lies of this age, and is one of the best playing cards of the antichrist spirit.
Jesus said He didn't come to bring peace but a sword, but this only applies to those who refuse to compromise the written words of God or transgress His boundaries; those written in both words and on the heart.
Matthew 10:34-35 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’

Those same principles apply to all people and nations who are in rebellion against the God whose son is Jesus Christ. A true man of God will not be able to pitch his tent among them without the truth of Matthew 10:34-35 coming into effect.
Another command God gives His people concerning the false church and other forms of spiritual pollution is found in 2 Corinthians 6:17..

“ Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.â€Â

Whenever a church or fellowship falls into apostasy the first and greatest card the devil will use to control the masses is the "love, peace, and unity" card.
He will use naive and unsuspecting people to control and manipulate others into thinking confrontation means hatefulness and disunity.
He will hit them again and again with this lie until any form of speaking out against heresy and false doctrine seems divisive. It's the same analogy as putting the frog in a pot of water and then turning the water up gradually; the frog doesn't ever even realize he's being boiled alive.
I've watched strong bible believeing christians lay down their own God given convictions for the sake of false love and unity. Again, core of this is a demon inspired form of humanism that puts man in the seat of God, to be honored in place of Him.

Only Jesus' return will bring authentic love peace and unity at the 'world' level.

Amen! :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back