Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Worldy addictions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

Murph258

I am currently battling several negative worldly addictions and I could really use some help.
I falter so much. I don’t know the exact moment when I began to lose my way but I want to come back. The narrow road is just so hard to find sometimes.

I will pray for you Mrurph, I know it's hard sometimes because of the situations that we face. You can have strenght through Jesus if you know him personally, and rely on Him because otherwise you will always fail.

God bless you.

*PS...you and I may have the same last name :shades

I have worldly addictions too, brother. Some very bad ones, so you're not alone. I have also prayed for you that you may bask in the presence of the Lord and and abide in His wisdom. Take heart, knowing that it is written,

"And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

and

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: "for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

So seek the Lord with all your heart, believing that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, that He is the Son of God, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Honestly repent of your sins, ask for mercy and thank God for it, and then ask Him to make you stop those evil deeds that you perform.

We all have a worldly addiction in a way.. sin. But it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13

Lord I lift up our Brother who has the sting of guilt in his heart over things which have gained control over him. Lord, it is by your spirit, not by power.. it's not he who wills, but by you lord. Sever this addiction from your child, let him praise you for your good works! Let him be humbled by your strength as you break the chains. Amen

Hello Murph~ :wave

When we get into sinful behaviors we need to become wise about what draws us back into them, even once we have repented and turned to our Lord for His freeing grace and marvelous power... and have experienced some victory over our old addictions.

It's kind of like this~ if I had a problem with drinking, and I went to a bar after I had turned from drinking to the Lord~ Or if I started hanging out with my friends who still drink; I would probably fall back into my old sin again. :shrug "Do not be deceived: Evil company corrupts good habits."

But we are a "new creation in Christ old things have past away all things have become new"... :nod It is important not to give any room for our flesh to rise up and have it's way again! Not that we can do ANYTHING without our Lord Jesus Christ. :shame

But we CAN do all things through Christ Who strengthens us. :yes

And so we go to the Source of all our sufficiency...
Father in heaven ~

You have given us, Your children, all things we need to live godly lives. Please grant wisdom to my brother to turn from these worldly addictions. Let him hear You warning him long before he stumbles oh Lord, urging him to flee temptation, to run in the opposite direction right into Your loving embrace. :thumb
I ask that You will be his Helper in the night seasons and when he is lonely, give him brothers in Jesus to be his physical support too, oh God. :yes
Father, we expect You to accomplish this work in him, for You have promised to complete the good work You have begun in him. Not because he is faithful, but because You are Faithful forever!
We trust in You to guide him and keep him safe in Jesus until he literally sees the new life of Christ living and breathing in his own life! In Jesus name, to glorify God alone. :amen

bonnie

Thank you Lord for Bonnie's sweet prayer lathered in Your grace. You have told us the mind is the battlefield, so help us to wash it with Your Word daily. You have promised us a way of escape, help us to take it and run as fast as we can Lord. Help us to be about Your business and come humbly before You, to sit at Your feet, waiting on You to fill our cup so it will pour out to others. We know that we are not of this world. Help us to remember to be in it, but not of it. I lift all my brothers and sisters who are struggling with worldly addictions, including myself, and I trust You to finish the work you have began in us.
Four-Blessings :pray :amen

Thank you so much for your advice and prayers! It means so much to find so much wisdom and support.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back