Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Worshiping God Like Cain – Temple Smoking and Tattoos

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ugmug

Worshiping God Like Cain – Temple Smoking and Tattoos

People today think that the story of Cain and Abel is an ancient biblical story. But in reality the story of Cain and Abel it is still being played out by millions of people today.

Consider that our body is the temple of the Lord (for we were created in the image of God) and whenever we smoke anything we are actually carrying out the same sacrifice as Cain did in the story of Cain and Abel. Cain offered a sacrifice of plant material on an alter to God that God rejected!

Since our body is the temple of God our lips are an alter and when we place a burning cigarette and/or drug on our lips we are actually sacrificing plant material on that alter in the same way as Cain did thousands of years ago and with the same result,GOD REJECTED IT! God did not reject Abel's sacrifice which for us today is receiving Holy Communion representing the death and resurrection of God's son Jesus Christ, God become man!

People who smoke and do drugs are always lamenting the fact that their lives become ruined by their cigarette (tobacco) and/or drug addiction. Addicted individuals are constantly calling out to God for help, but God doesn't answer! God curses all smoking because it is a Cain sacrifice!

Remember in the story of Cain and Abel when God tried to warn Cain not to sacrifice plant material on the alter, Cain did not listen. Instead he became enraged and sought to murder anyone who had found favor with God, which at that time was his brother Abel.

If God could not stop Cain from murdering his brother then how much success will God have with anyone who smokes cigarettes and/or drugs. People who smoke tobacco and/or illegal drugs are subsequently murdering their own body which is the temple of God.

We should call all smoking, whether it is cigarettes or drugs, a Cain sacrifice to God, which God has already rejected long ago. People wonder why so many habitual smokers are in such poor health, both physically and financially. It is because they are continually offering their Cain sacrifice to God. God has already stated that he considers Cain's sacrifice to be repulsive and reprehensible and will only send warnings to those individuals to stop, as he did to Cain. God will not send his blessings to anyone who smokes cigarettes and/or illegal drugs!

For those who will do both, receive communion and still smoke tobacco and illegal drugs, this is the description of a lukewarm Christian. GodWILLspit a lukewarm Christian out of his mouth!

Revelation 3:15-17New International Version (NIV)
15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

God Bless

note:

One begins to wonder if those individuals who smoke cigarettes and/or drugs will be included in the rapture since they are using the temple of God (their bodies) to sacrifice a forbidden offering (plant material) on the alter (their lips).

Equally God said that we are to present our bodies as a living sacrifice to God which means our sacrifice (our bodies) are to be without blemish. Consider that whenever we place tattoos on our bodies we are intentionally placing a blemish on our sacrifice (our bodies) which would invalidate our inclusion in the rapture. It is possible that all people with tattoos will be excluded from the rapture which is why Satan is luring everyone into getting a tattoo!

Also sexual promiscuity and homosexuality will prevent people from being included in the rapture. If you want to be included in the rapture, where Jesus returns for his faithful before the Great Tribulation and final judgment of mankind, then just believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ...and get baptized!

Amen

Since our body is the temple of God our lips are an alter

Is this something you just made up to make your version of the truth sound more compelling or is there actual scriptural evidence of your claim?

There is no scripture I know of to support this and it sounds like just a made up theory to support condemning people for doing something that he just personally disagrees with. The Revelation scripture supports condemning "lukewarm" Christians but doesn't in any way say that smoking or tattoos is what God considers "lukewarm".

But when I think about this theory, if our mouths are alters to God (although no scripture I know of supports this idea) and if offering plants to God on "His alter" is a sin, then why would you single out just smoking a cigarette? Any eating of any vegetables would also be just as sinful. If you take a breath of air through your mouth where someone is burning yard waste you have inhaled smoke form burning plant material, therefore you have sinned and won't go to heaven (which is essentially what missing the rapture is implying). Go to a church that uses incense and take a breath through your mouth... Go to hell for that too. Incense is made from plant material. The examples can go on and on and if one will condemn you, why wouldn't the others?

And if Tattoos condemn a person to Hell as this idea suggests because they put what the OP considers a "blemish" on our bodies, this seems just as false to me. If you consider the only verse that people use to condemn those who have tattoos actually just says not to "place a mark" on your bodies (even though it specifies a "mark" made for a very specific purpose, which most who condemn people with tattoos totally ignore), then you would have to accept that anyone who has ever scribbled a phone number on the palm of their hand with a pen to remember it are condemned to miss the "rapture" as well. That's a "mark" afterall! That same scripture also says not to cut your bodies. So if you follow the OP's logic, you have to include anyone who's had any type of surgery as being condemned to Hell too. Pretty much if this idea were true, no one will be saved. And that is certainly an idea that is unscriptural.

I know, I know. Someone's going to think I'm just trying to condone my sin and justify the things I do. No, I neither smoke nor have any tattoos. I just don't believe in saying someone who does will miss the rapture and therefore be condemned to hell for doing things that are at best very questionable gray areas in scripture, and are many times not even mentioned in scripture at all.

Last edited:
There is no scripture I know of to support this and it sounds like just a made up theory to support condemning people for doing something that he just personally disagrees with. The Revelation scripture supports condemning "lukewarm" Christians but doesn't in any way say that smoking or tattoos is what God considers "lukewarm".

But when I think about this theory, if our mouths are alters to God (although no scripture I know of supports this idea) and if offering plants to God on "His alter" is a sin, then why would you single out just smoking a cigarette? Any eating of any vegetables would also be just as sinful. If you take a breath of air through your mouth where someone is burning yard waste you have inhaled smoke form burning plant material, therefore you have sinned and won't go to heaven (which is essentially what missing the rapture is implying). Go to a church that uses incense and take a breath through your mouth... Go to hell for that too. Incense is made from plant material. The examples can go on and on and if one will condemn you, why wouldn't the others?

And if Tattoos condemn a person to Hell as this idea suggests because they put what the OP considers a "blemish" on our bodies, this seems just as false to me. If you consider the only verse that people use to condemn those who have tattoos actually just says not to "place a mark" on your bodies (even though it specifies a "mark" made for a very specific purpose, which most who condemn people with tattoos totally ignore), then you would have to accept that anyone who has ever scribbled a phone number on the palm of their hand with a pen to remember it are condemned to miss the "rapture" as well. That's a "mark" afterall! That same scripture also says not to cut your bodies. So if you follow the OP's logic, you have to include anyone who's had any type of surgery as being condemned to Hell too. Pretty much if this idea were true, no one will be saved. And that is certainly an idea that is unscriptural.

I know, I know. Someone's going to think I'm just trying to condone my sin and justify the things I do. No, I neither smoke nor have any tattoos. I just don't believe in saying someone who does will miss the rapture and therefore be condemned to hell for doing things that are at best very questionable gray areas in scripture, and are many times not even mentioned in scripture at all.
nevermind that all those have done both cant repent. a person who has tats cant easily remove them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back