Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] WOW! Satan never "gives it a break", huh? Can I get some help, please?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So, I have been struggling financially for a while. God has placed in my hands the ability to get wealth & multiply wealth & a tool to use. I have, after a few long, hard, years, finally been able to be profitable with this tool. During the last month, I have been asking God for enough money to take a small vacation. I have been under a lot recently, & I thought a vacation might help me to maintain my sanity. The Lord, as loving as he is provided me with the funds!! :) Great!! Thank you, Jesus!! Then one of my cars breaks down...a couple hundred here. Then I get a speeding ticket today...a FEW hundred here. My youngest brother & I are arguing BAD...IT IS POSSIBLE WE MIGHT NEVER SPEAK AGAIN. Not to mention the continuation & multiplication of the problems @ the job I am currently (but temporarily at...this is a good thing :-]).

I don't get it...I am soooo heartbroken. :-( God gives me the money, then it is consumed by all of this junk happening! And the icing on the cake is the situation between my brother & I. Not to mention all of the other problems going on in my life (think major stuff), I am definitely in need of all kinds of prayer here.

Thank you in advance for the prayers!

Dude, I will pray. But some preachers can give you a bit of a 'charlie and the chocolate factory' mentality about cash.

a) you're 'chosen' by God (while so many others arn't) and for prosperity. (they miss out)

b) all you have to do is pass the right tests and the chocolate factory is yours.

God is good.

Isn't he?

Doesn't he want that for us? Didn't Jesus die for us so that WE could have that?

Isn't God fair?

Yes.

God is fair because he's God. Which means he's also right, and he's also love.

He gives. But he also takes away. God is for us but he isn't about us, and he never has been.

The apsotle Paul knew what is was to be content in both prosperity AND want.
Job was the richest man in the east, (and he even tells us why) but God took it away. All of it. Because Jobs character was more important. (Once Job learned the lesson he needed to learn it was given back to him doubled - BUT, he could already be trusted with it in the first place.)

God does love us. But that doesn't mean giving us everything we want. Maybe we'll be able to handle it, maybe we won't. Maybe we will a few years down the track when we've earned the character needed to handle it responsibly.

God is good but if he skips to our commands he is no longer God. He isn't a vending machine and neither is he something we can squeeze our dreams out of by using the magic scriptures and being good. He is who he is and that will never, ever change.

A wrong viewpoint of him can cause you a lot of heartache. Be careful.

Just wanted to say that because there's been a lot of prosperity gospel teaching on tv and in charismatic circles for a long time now and it can be very harmful if you miss it for what it is.

God bless
(and all the best with it)

:pray

I hear a hymn playing as I read here... "I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all."

I don't get it...I am soooo heartbroken. :-( God gives me the money, then it is consumed by all of this junk happening! And the icing on the cake is the situation between my brother & I. Not to mention all of the other problems going on in my life (think major stuff), I am definitely in need of all kinds of prayer here.

Thank you in advance for the prayers!

Hey man, while you look at the situation as an half-empty glass, I look at it as a half-filled glass. Did it occur to you that if God hadn't given you the money in His right timing, you could be in a worse situation? With the money God gave you, you got your car repaired and settled a speeding ticket fine. Never mind that your holiday plans got burned, still you need to be grateful to God for His timely provisions. God will supply again. Don't allow the devil to discourage and intimidate you. I will pray with you.

You're exactly right. I am looking at it as "glass half empty". Gotta change that...

Hey man, while you look at the situation as an half-empty glass, I look at it as a half-filled glass. Did it occur to you that if God hadn't given you the money in His right timing, you could be in a worse situation? With the money God gave you, you got your car repaired and settled a speeding ticket fine. Never mind that your holiday plans got burned, still you need to be grateful to God for His timely provisions. God will supply again. Don't allow the devil to discourage and intimidate you. I will pray with you.

Well, that is pretty bad right there.

But Tina is right, if God didn't give you that money, you wouldn't be able to get your car back in shape, and you would have been in det for the ticket. Just wait, I am a VERY impatient person, so if you are too, then I know how you feel, I just hope you ar patient. :)

Oh! Yes! And I am praying for you Joseph! :pray
Oh! And read the Bible if you aren't! That always helps!:readbible
And NO! Satan DOESN't give it a break. :bigfrown

Last edited by a moderator:
I pray that you will continue to have faith through whatever life brings to you. God is good! The speeding tkt is your own fault, no? So, do right and trust Him to do the rest.
Besides our prayers, to attain goals I suggest you write a list of what you'd like to accomplish and you can even choose some pictures and place them on a cork board you'll view everyday. That may help you put things into perspective.
How about praying with your brother as well...

God Bless

I will try my best to help you any time if you need me, I can't give much help, but I might be able to give a little.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back