Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

“This Cup”!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

netchaplain

[Note] The intention of this article is to express the depth of the Lord Jesus’ willingness to relate with us concerning the infirmity of all our trials in this life!

Was Jesus’ cry of desertion on the Cross a manifestation of Him actually being “forsaken” by the Father, or could it have been to show how far He went to “be touched with the feeling of our infirmities” (Heb 4:15)? Though this issue carries no essential doctrine for receiving salvation, I’ve come to find it interesting to attempt a determination in considering whether of the two might be most likely. Myself, the latter seems more than a little possible, considering all that was involved with “this cup,” which first began in the “garden” when He admitted to Peter, James and John that He had become “exceedingly sorrowful” and sought their support in being on “watch” with Him (Mat 26:37; 38, 40).

Even though an angel appeared to Jesus, “to strengthen Him” (Luk 22:42) following His first request to determine some other way than “this cup,” He was still in agony upon His second request, “sweating as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground” (v 44). During His arrest He also knew He would be enduring the hardness of knowing the sorrow (after His third prayer request - Mat 26:44) His Apostles would encounter after forsaking Him” (Mat 26:56; Jhn 16:20, 22); which was to fulfill the prophecy that “I will smite the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad” (Zec 13:7; Mat 26:31).

Including all this, and that which the Lord Jesus endured from the “garden” to the time of beginning His walk with the Cross—to the time of His death, I wouldn’t consider it inordinate to entertain the thought that it was possible that allowing Himself (Jhn 19:11) to be overcome with so great excruciating infirmity resulted in His feeling of abandonment concerning His Apostles and His Father.

Considering that the Father and the Son are inseparable (Jhn 8:16, 29); and that there’s nothing that the Father hasn’t already known and seen with His omniscience, including all of the sin in the world (Prov 15:3; Jer 16:17; Heb 4:13), there remains little, in my opinion, to conceive that God was so moved (as it were) that He could not continue to look upon His Son, despite the depth that Christ achieved being “compassed with infirmity” (Heb 5:2) and “exceeding sorrow, even unto death” (Mat 26:38)! Yet, through all this His encouraging final words were, “It is finished.” “Father, into thy hands I commend My Spirit” (Jhn 19:30; Luk 23:46).

“Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave Me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me” (Jhn 16:32).

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

God never left Jesus as he and the Father are one, John 10:30. In John 16:32 Jesus told his disciples they would leave him alone, but Jesus told them he is not alone for my Father is with me. 2 Corinthians 5:19 God was in Jesus reconciling the world to himself.

God never forsook Jesus while he hung on the cross as according to Hebrews 10:7-10 (read the whole Chapter) it was by the offering of the body of Jesus that once and for all we are sanctified through his offering for sin. Jesus was not made sin for us, but made a final offering for us to reconcile ourselves back to the Father as it was ordained by God in the beginning as his word became flesh to walk among us, John 1:1-5 until Jesus whom now sits at the right hand of God, Matthew 22:44.

Hebrews 13:5 says God will never leave us nor forsake us. God never forsook any of His prophets in the OT so why would He forsake Jesus while he hung on the cross. Psalms 22:1, 24 is prophetic fulfillment of Jesus making a proclamation to those Jews gathered at Golgotha that as David cried out to God in his hour of despair that God never left David and was right there with him and for all who calls on his name will never be alone as the Father will never leave His own.

Jesus was not made sin for us, but made a final offering for us to reconcile ourselves back to the Father as it was ordained by God in the beginning as his word became flesh to walk among us, John 1:1-5 until Jesus whom now sits at the right hand of God, Matthew 22:44.
Hi, and well put! Good point here too, because Deity cannot be made into sin. "He hath made Him to be sin for us" has the same intention as Him being 'made out to be sin,' i.e. "likeness of sin" (Rom 8:3) concerning the physical body, but never of His nature.

For me what took place upon the cross cannot be related to any of us, or our experiences .
Even when we come into His presence I don't believe we will ever be able to know what took place between Jesus and the Father other than the fact that it purchased our salvation.

https://www.gotquestions.org/forsaken-me.html

Gotquestions didn't have a certain answer.

Suggested:
In those awful moments, as evil men were allowed to do whatever they wanted to Jesus, our Lord expressed His feelings of abandonment. God placed the sins of the world on His Son, and Jesus for a time felt the desolation of being unconscious of His Father’s presence. It was at this time that “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

There is another possible reason for Jesus to cry out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” It could be that Jesus’ intent in quoting Psalm 22:1 was to point His hearers to that psalm. When they read Psalm 22, they would no doubt see the many fulfilled prophecies included in that song of David. Even while experiencing the agony of the cross, Jesus was teaching the crowds and proving yet again that He was the Messiah who fulfilled the Scriptures.

God can't forsake Himself (the divine nature); so whatever is being forsaken is pertains to the human nature of Christ. My guess is communication between the two natures was cut off. (I am not taking bets though) :biggrin2

God never left Jesus as he and the Father are one, John 10:30.
This is tricky. Christ has two natures. What does ONE means.
Technically, God can never leave anyone in a sense as He is omnipresent. On the other hand God talks about being present and absent where present implies for ones benefit and absent implies not for ones benefit.

Interesting question.

Careful before you take Bread and Cup. There is a Counterfeit Bread and Cup for the Devil/Satan.

1 Corinthians 11:29 King James Version

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Careful before you take Bread and Cup. There is a Counterfeit Bread and Cup for the Devil/Satan.

1 Corinthians 11:29 King James Version

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
There is no counterfeit bread and cup, but as vs. 29 says if you drink of the cup and eat of the bread unworthily you bring damnation to your self not discerning the Lord's body. This is why you need to read the full context and quit believing what the "Collective Intelligence" is brainwashing you into believing their false doctrines.

1Cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Cor 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Cor 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1Cor 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Cor 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Cor 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

There is no counterfeit bread and cup, but as vs. 29 says if you drink of the cup and eat of the bread unworthily you bring damnation to your self not discerning the Lord's body. This is why you need to read the full context and quit believing what the "Collective Intelligence" is brainwashing you into believing their false doctrines.

1Cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Cor 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Cor 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1Cor 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Cor 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Cor 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Isaiah 5:20 King James Version

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Have you not learnt that the Devil/Satan Inverts the Real Yeshua/Jesus. The Devil/Satan has his Bread and Cup. The Devil/Satan has the Counterfeit Kingdom. Are you going to challenge this?

for_his_glory, Apparently, you have been brainwashed by Vatican Freemason/Knights Templar Soldiers.

Isaiah 5:20 King James Version

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Have you not learnt that the Devil/Satan Inverts the Real Yeshua/Jesus. The Devil/Satan has his Bread and Cup. The Devil/Satan has the Counterfeit Kingdom. Are you going to challenge this?

for_his_glory, Apparently, you have been brainwashed by Vatican Freemason/Knights Templar Soldiers.
Of course Satan is the opposite of everything Christ stands for as being the evil principality that rules over this world as many eat of his bread (false doctrines) and drink damnation from his cup of lies.

What we are talking about, if you would follow the conversation, is eating of the bread of Christ (His body) and drinking of His cup (blood) that if it is done unworthily, meaning giving no thought of His sacrifice, you bring damnation upon your self as it truly has no Spiritual meaning to you. It's like going to church and only giving lip service to the Lord for He is truly not within you.

Sorry, but I have nothing to do with the Vatican, Freemasons and Knights Templar for what does light have to do with darkness. It was you that said you belong to the "Collective Intelligence Group" as you use the word "we" as in what this group carnally logically believe without any Spiritual discernment.

Of course Satan is the opposite of everything Christ stands for as being the evil principality that rules over this world as many eat of his bread (false doctrines) and drink damnation from his cup of lies.

What we are talking about, if you would follow the conversation, is eating of the bread of Christ (His body) and drinking of His cup (blood) that if it is done unworthily, meaning giving no thought of His sacrifice, you bring damnation upon your self as it truly has no Spiritual meaning to you. It's like going to church and only giving lip service to the Lord for He is truly not within you.

Sorry, but I have nothing to do with the Vatican, Freemasons and Knights Templar for what does light have to do with darkness. It was you that said you belong to the "Collective Intelligence Group" as you use the word "we" as in what this group carnally logically believe without any Spiritual discernment.

Matthew 20:22 King James Version

22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

True Disciples prove their Worthiness to Elohim/God. Are you able to drink of the Cup?

You can be partakers with the Vatican Freemason/Knights Templar Soldiers knowingly or unknowingly. The Roman Catholic Church has over 2000 years practice of Satan/Devil deception and brainwashing.

Explained that "We" is referring to those that promote the original teachings of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ wherever they might be. This "We" is the Collective Intelligence.

Matthew 20:22 King James Version

22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

True Disciples prove their Worthiness to Elohim/God. Are you able to drink of the Cup?

You can be partakers with the Vatican Freemason/Knights Templar Soldiers knowingly or unknowingly. The Roman Catholic Church has over 2000 years practice of Satan/Devil deception and brainwashing.

Explained that "We" is referring to those that promote the original teachings of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ wherever they might be. This "We" is the Collective Intelligence.
Why do you keep referring to these evils of the Vatican, Freemasons and Knights Templar and not the evil that is blinding you of truth that I have been trying to prove to you. If you want to stay with this occult thinking they have full knowledge of the scriptures by using just their collective intellect and logic then you need to read Romans 8:1-8.

You like to select only one verse and read into it to support your intellect, but if you read the whole from Matthew 20:20-28 this is speaking about a mother's request for her two sons and Jesus answering her. You can't use just one verse and try to make it fit your intellectual theories as it doesn't work that way.

I do take of the bread and the cup worthily as in remembrance of what Christ sacrificed for me on the cross.

BTW, there are many Spiritually born again Catholics that do not agree with many doctrines of the Catholic church, but yet enjoy the Mass.

Why do you keep referring to these evils of the Vatican, Freemasons and Knights Templar and not the evil that is blinding you of truth that I have been trying to prove to you. If you want to stay with this occult thinking they have full knowledge of the scriptures by using just their collective intellect and logic then you need to read Romans 8:1-8.

You like to select only one verse and read into it to support your intellect, but if you read the whole from Matthew 20:20-28 this is speaking about a mother's request for her two sons and Jesus answering her. You can't use just one verse and try to make it fit your intellectual theories as it doesn't work that way.

I do take of the bread and the cup worthily as in remembrance of what Christ sacrificed for me on the cross.

BTW, there are many Spiritually born again Catholics that do not agree with many doctrines of the Catholic church, but yet enjoy the Mass.

Exodus 15:3 King James Version

3 The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

This is not an intellectual exercise.

We are fighting Elohim's/God's battle against Satanic Vatican Freemason/Knights Templar Soldiers. This battle is raging 24/7 and the Freemason/Knights Templar came looking for us in their Satanic war against Elohim/God. This battle is for Strong Men.

Those so-called spiritually born again Roman Catholics you mention are not real Catholics. Real Catholics (Freemason/Knights Templar) believe in and are totally devoted to all the doctrines of the Catholic Church.

Is the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ?

Exodus 15:3 King James Version

3 The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

This is not an intellectual exercise.

We are fighting Elohim's/God's battle against Satanic Vatican Freemason/Knights Templar Soldiers. This battle is raging 24/7 and the Freemason/Knights Templar came looking for us in their Satanic war against Elohim/God. This battle is for Strong Men.

Those so-called spiritually born again Roman Catholics you mention are not real Catholics. Real Catholics (Freemason/Knights Templar) believe in and are totally devoted to all the doctrines of the Catholic Church.

Is the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ?
There you go only using one single verse in Exodus 15:3 without the full context trying to make it fit your so called collective intelligence. Everything you bring to this forum is from this group that you belong to that comes against the truth of God's word with their "collective intelligence", but have no Spiritual knowledge.

You can't even understand that none of us can fight against Satan on our own and win, but only through Christ who has already given us the victory over the enemy, just as God gave Moses victory over the enemy in Exodus 13:1-21.

There is nothing that the Vatican, Freemasons, the existing organizations that have stemmed off the Knights Templar since they were disbanded in 1307 that can destroy those who are God's own. Why do you fear them?

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

There you go only using one single verse in Exodus 15:3 without the full context trying to make it fit your so called collective intelligence. Everything you bring to this forum is from this group that you belong to that comes against the truth of God's word with their "collective intelligence", but have no Spiritual knowledge.

You can't even understand that none of us can fight against Satan on our own and win, but only through Christ who has already given us the victory over the enemy, just as God gave Moses victory over the enemy in Exodus 13:1-21.

There is nothing that the Vatican, Freemasons, the existing organizations that have stemmed off the Knights Templar since they were disbanded in 1307 that can destroy those who are God's own. Why do you fear them?

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 Timothy 3:12 King James Version

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

for_his_glory, These appear to be idle words in support of Freemason/Knights Templar that you are posting, having no experience of real persecution. Happy to say that we are being persecuted for not being Sinners. The Freemason/Knights Templars are on a Inquisition and Crusade against us: https://christianforums.net/threads/god-is-a-sinner.85950/post-1615853

for_his_glory, If you are not experiencing this Inquisition and Crusade than you are a Sinner and partakers with Freemason/Knights Templar.

We notice you didn't the question: Is the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ?

2 Timothy 3:12 King James Version

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

for_his_glory, These appear to be idle words in support of Freemason/Knights Templar that you are posting, having no experience of real persecution. Happy to say that we are being persecuted for not being Sinners. The Freemason/Knights Templars are on a Inquisition and Crusade against us: https://christianforums.net/threads/god-is-a-sinner.85950/post-1615853

for_his_glory, If you are not experiencing this Inquisition and Crusade than you are a Sinner and partakers with Freemason/Knights Templar.

We notice you didn't the question: Is the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ?
So, how do you describe yourself being physically persecuted by these groups? Have they come in and beaten you, raped your wife or daughters if you have any? Have they burned down your home? Do they threaten you to denounce Christ?

No, I do not support evil and I do not fear that which must come first before Christ returns for He has already told us to flee from such evil and have no fellowship with darkness. If I die a martyr's death for the sake of Christ what more can they do to me as I do not fear physical death, but give glory to God that I have suffered for His sake as I am worthy to drink from the same cup.

To answer your question, God does not recognize any organized religions, denominational or non-denominational, as God is about us having a personal relationship and fellowship with Him and His Son Christ Jesus as those who are Spiritually born again from above and have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit make up the body of Christ with He being the head of the body. This is what God's true Church is all about, not some four walled building with their own doctrines mixed in with the doctrines of Christ.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

* let a man examine himself

*those who partake that have unrepented sin eats and drinks damnation to himself as they care nothing about the body of Christ and put His crucifixion to shame.

Explained that "We" is referring to those that promote the original teachings of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ wherever they might be. This "We" is the Collective Intelligence

Elihoenai, for_his_glory seems to think that you are belonging to a group that identifies itself as a "collective intelligence". Could you tell us what the name of that group is, where it's headquarters is registered as a business entity (if any) and does it have a website? See here for example:

Everything you bring to this forum is from this group that you belong to

I think that info could help to clear up what appears to be a simple misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Elihoenai, for_his_glory seems to think that you are belonging to a group that identifies itself as a "collective intelligence". Could you tell us what the name of that group is, where it's headquarters is registered as a business entity (if any) and does it have a website? See here for example:

I think that info could help to clear up what appears to be a simple misunderstanding.
I've been asking him this for a long time now, but all he says is "we" being this collective intelligence group giving what they believe, but no scriptural support for their beliefs. I have no idea if it is a church he belongs to or a man's group as he will not tell us so I looked up what the meaning of collective intelligence is and this is what I found.

To anyone who does not know the term "Collective Intelligence" it means group intelligence that emerges from the collaboration, collective efforts and competition of many individuals and appears in consensus decision making. The term appears in context of mass review and crowdsourcing applications.

So in basic terms as per religion it is the collective intelligence collaboration teaching of carnal minded thoughts that a group decides is truth, but yet give no scriptural support for what they believe. We can see this in many churches where there is no presence of the Holy Spirit that teaches us Spiritual things the carnal mind can not understand.

I've been asking him this for a long time now, but all he says is "we" being this collective intelligence group
See, I'm not sure it really is a group as such, and that's why I have asked for clarification. In fact when I introduced the phrase in the first place, I hadn't meant for it to imply the existence of a group named "Collective Intelligence". Somehow that's the idea you have though and I have seen it snowballing when I think it rather should be put right.

When I read what Elihoenai writes, even though he claims to speak on behalf of a group, he doesn't seem to be claiming to represent a formally inaugurated, or officially formed entity as such. It seems instead that he is claiming to be one person of many who have a united view of doctrine (therefore he says that they are together in their views) - albeit not necessarily having met each other or have consulted each other. So it's more of a spiritual entity than a carnal entity that he is referring to when he refers to the "us" the "ours" and the "we".

In fact the scriptures describe the "body of Christ" as being formed in that exact way "being one body with many parts" (ie Ephesians 4:16) and insofaras 1 Corinthians 12:26 and 1 Corinthians 2:16 show, indeed the individual parts form a sort of "collective intelligence". That's what I was referring to when I used the expression in the first place, because he keeps saying "we" as though whatever you say to him you are also saying to me (eg Matthew 25:40).

I suspect he is using that language in order to reinforce the doctrine of the unity of the "body of Christ", but in some instances it appears to give the impression that whatever you might say to him is as effective as saying it to the whole body, which doesn't always have a valid application. For instance, sometimes the members of the body might want to say something to each other personally, as we can see examples of that in Ephesians 5:29 and 1 Corinthians 12:21.

So that's why I'm asking for clarification and why I'm interested to see the answer he might give :)

Last edited:
See, I'm not sure it really is a group as such, and that's why I have asked for clarification. In fact when I introduced the phrase in the first place, I hadn't meant for it to imply the existence of a group named "Collective Intelligence". Somehow that's the idea you have though and I have seen it snowballing when I think it rather should be put right.

When I read what Elihoenai writes, even though he claims to speak on behalf of a group, he doesn't seem to be claiming to represent a formally inaugurated, or officially formed entity as such. It seems instead that he is claiming to be one person of many who have a united view of doctrine (therefore he says that they are together in their views) - albeit not necessarily having met each other or have consulted each other. So it's more of a spiritual entity than a carnal entity that he is referring to when he refers to the "us" the "ours" and the "we".

In fact the scriptures describe the "body of Christ" as being formed in that exact way "being one body with many parts" (ie Ephesians 4:16) and insofaras 1 Corinthians 12:26 and 1 Corinthians 2:16 show, indeed the individual parts form a sort of "collective intelligence". That's what I was referring to when I used the expression in the first place, because he keeps saying "we" as though whatever you say to him you are also saying to me (eg Matthew 25:40).

I suspect he is using that language in order to reinforce the doctrine of the unity of the "body of Christ", but in some instances it appears to give the impression that whatever you might say to him is as effective as saying it to the whole body, which doesn't always have a valid application. For instance, sometimes the members of the body might want to say something to each other personally, as we can see examples of that in Ephesians 5:29 and 1 Corinthians 12:21.

So that's why I'm asking for clarification and why I'm interested to see the answer he might give :)
I never claimed it to be a group called "Collective Intelligence" like a group that meets together like a Bible study. I can only see it in a sense of who is teaching him and all those who believe these teachings. This is what I have been trying to get out of him to explain who the "we" are and all he has said is that it is the collective intelligence. Whatever it is or who it is he is teaching a different gospel separate than the Gospel of Christ.

https://www.gotquestions.org/forsaken-me.html

Gotquestions didn't have a certain answer.

Suggested:
In those awful moments, as evil men were allowed to do whatever they wanted to Jesus, our Lord expressed His feelings of abandonment. God placed the sins of the world on His Son, and Jesus for a time felt the desolation of being unconscious of His Father’s presence. It was at this time that “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

There is another possible reason for Jesus to cry out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” It could be that Jesus’ intent in quoting Psalm 22:1 was to point His hearers to that psalm. When they read Psalm 22, they would no doubt see the many fulfilled prophecies included in that song of David. Even while experiencing the agony of the cross, Jesus was teaching the crowds and proving yet again that He was the Messiah who fulfilled the Scriptures.

God can't forsake Himself (the divine nature); so whatever is being forsaken is pertains to the human nature of Christ. My guess is communication between the two natures was cut off. (I am not taking bets though) :biggrin2

This is tricky. Christ has two natures. What does ONE means.
Technically, God can never leave anyone in a sense as He is omnipresent. On the other hand God talks about being present and absent where present implies for ones benefit and absent implies not for ones benefit.

Interesting question.
This was discussed years ago in another forum. The guy running it was an expert of sorts in Greek and said the Father did not abandon(forsook) Jesus as in separation, but forsook Him in that the Father turned Jesus over to His enemies. I believe that in order to experience all mans' faults/frailties, He limited Himself in many ways and times in order to achieve this. He not only told us how to live, but showed us through His example.

Back