Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

A Long Black Train Is Approaching

Hidden In Him

Charismatic
Staff member

maxresdefault-7.jpg

The following was a dream a friend received a few years ago, regarding the increasingly rapid moral decline coming to American society, especially through the corruption of Country Music, once a relative safe haven for expression of Christian values through art. Her Dream started in a daycare, possibly because the next generation will be negatively effected by these trends the most:

I was in a daycare/ preschool... and as I was staring out the blinds of the Preschool room window, I saw a long black train.

It then switched to where I was in a car and driving slowly by this court house... The streets were all rich and golden, and I heard a radio voice saying that Garth Brook's new CD was out to buy. The car pulled into an empty parking lot, and I got out of the back seat with a woman who had been a staff member from Teen Challenge and a very faithful Christian. She [now] had a skimpy shirt and short shorts on that were falling off of her, but she didn't care at all until I said something. Even then, she said she wouldn't have cared if I wasn't watching her. She had two kids. She was black, but her kids were a small white infant, and a girl pulling her arm and not listening at all to her. I had a brown purse with a long strap, and when I was in the car I had some cash inside, but when I got out, it was deflated almost like a plastic bag with no air in it (and no money). I was disappointed, because I wanted the new Garth Brooks CD.

The suggestion here was that even Christian "leaders" will increasingly compromise their walk and their morality. The young Teen Challenge leader had apparently already had two children by different men, yet was nevertheless still dressing scantily and provocatively. The reason was apparently because of the influence of secular entertainers, and their overly-sympathetic attitude towards sin. Garth Brooks represented a country singer who had sold out for money, and the courthouse symbolized moral law going by the wayside as a result. The girl's conscience wasn't bothering her about her sexually suggestive clothing until confronted about it, and she also lacked conviction about stealing, as seen in how the girl had money in the car with her yet no money to buy the Garth Brooks CD after she had gotten out. What this spiritual climate will produce is spiritual death in all who are persuaded by it, as the next section of the dream suggested:

Then I was walking by the courthouse, and I saw Garth Brooks in his black western suit and black cowboy hat. He fell down holding his chest dying as he walked down the steps of the courthouse. I heard "Long Black Train." Then I saw a scene where a band was playing, and a girl with short blonde hair was laying in a car just smiling and singing "I'm sorry for this, and I'm sorry for that" with flowers all around, singing "playful like." She was singing to God but wasn't meaning it. It was being sung like as part of a music video, and she was naming specific sins, "I'm sorry for adultery, and I'm sorry for lies. Sorry for idolatry, sorry for pride."

Garth Brooks dying as he walked away from the court house represents country singers becoming increasingly immoral for the sake of popularity and fame, and dying spiritually as a result. The girl likewise developed the same attitude, singing about her sins like everyone committed them, and thus not meaning it when she said she was "sorry" with no real repentance.

The last section is possibly the most disturbing, because it implies that even pastors and former pastors will not sound the alarm, because they will not be paying any attention to the moral decline going on around them but simply "pointing to Christ."

Then I was on a highway and a former pastor was driving. I was in the passenger seat and he was pointing out the front window. He said, "See that little cloud in the distance, He is coming." I felt safe in the car with him. But I could only see his finger and the rear view mirror, so I looked out his side window, and there was a HUGE black tornado devouring everything in sight. Then I heard a voice that said, "ARE YOU WATCHING?" And I woke up.

The former pastor is seen pointing to the return of Christ, which was depicted as a little cloud far away in the distance, yet he was oblivious to the huge moral decline now bearing down on them, as represented by the black tornado devouring everything in sight. This tornado corresponds to the Long Black Train.

The last line is God asking her, "Are You Watching?" and it appears many Christians and even many in church leadership will not be. Truly devout Christians must, however. They will be the only things standing in the way of Christian culture falling into complete moral decline.

Notes: I found it interesting studying about the song "Long Black Train" after I received this dream. I'm not a country fan, so I had never heard of it. But a song by the same name was written by country singer Josh Turner back in 2003. The theme was likewise the same: Avoiding the temptation that was coming, for as he explained in an interview, it was the result of a vision God gave him that led to the writing of the song:

"Long Black Train" was inspired by a vision that I had of a long, black train running down this track way out in the middle of nowhere. I could see people standing out to the sides of this track watching the train go by. As I was walking, experiencing this vision, I kept asking myself, "What does this vision mean, and what is this train?" It dawned on me that this train was a physical metaphor for temptation: These people are caught up in the decision of whether or not to go on this train. And this came about in a time of my life where I was trying to figure out who I was as an artist and as a person ... "Long Black Train," the song and the album, are very special to me. It was just one of those things that I felt like God gave to me for a purpose, and I've been out here promoting that purpose.

Story Behind the Song: Josh Turner, 'Long Black Train'

Reactions: JLB
Not that I disagree but country has gone south for decades .

I have listened to records of the old country and western days and even in the 90s it's there

View attachment 17037

The following was a dream a friend received a few years ago, regarding the increasingly rapid moral decline coming to American society, especially through the corruption of Country Music, once a relative safe haven for expression of Christian values through art. Her Dream started in a daycare, likely because the next generations will be negatively effected by these trends the most:

I was in a daycare/ preschool... and as I was staring out the blinds of the Preschool room window, I saw a long black train.

It then switched to where I was in a car and driving slowly by this court house... The streets were all rich and golden, and I heard a radio voice saying that Garth Brook's new CD was out to buy. The car pulled into an empty parking lot, and I got out of the back seat with a woman who had been a staff member from Teen Challenge and a very faithful Christian. She [now] had a skimpy shirt and short shorts on that were falling off of her, but she didn't care at all until I said something. Even then, she said she wouldn't have cared if I wasn't watching her. She had two kids. She was black, but her kids were a small white infant, and a girl pulling her arm and not listening at all to her. I had a brown purse with a long strap, and when I was in the car I had some cash inside, but when I got out, it was deflated almost like a plastic bag with no air in it (and no money). I was disappointed, because I wanted the new Garth Brooks CD.

The suggestion here was that even Christian "leaders" will increasingly compromise their walk and their morality. The young Teen Challenge leader had apparently already had two children by different men, yet was nevertheless still dressing scantily and provocatively. The reason was apparently because of the influence of secular entertainers, and their overly-sympathetic attitude towards sin. Garth Brooks represented a country singer who had sold out for money, and the courthouse symbolized moral law going by the wayside as a result. The girl's conscience wasn't bothering her about her sexually suggestive clothing until confronted about it, and she also lacked conviction about stealing, as seen in how the girl had money in the car with her yet no money to buy the Garth Brooks CD after she had gotten out. What this spiritual climate will produce is spiritual death in all who are persuaded by it, as the next section of the dream suggested:

Then I was walking by the courthouse, and I saw Garth Brooks in his black western suit and black cowboy hat. He fell down holding his chest dying as he walked down the steps of the courthouse. I heard "Long Black Train." Then I saw a scene where a band was playing, and a girl with short blonde hair was laying in a car just smiling and singing "I'm sorry for this, and I'm sorry for that" with flowers all around, singing "playful like." She was singing to God but wasn't meaning it. It was being sung like as part of a music video, and she was naming specific sins, "I'm sorry for adultery, and I'm sorry for lies. Sorry for idolatry, sorry for pride."

Garth Brooks dying as he walked away from the court house represents country singers becoming increasingly immoral for the sake of popularity and fame, and dying spiritually as a result. The girl likewise developed the same attitude, singing about sins like everyone committed them, and thus not meaning it when she said she was "sorry" yet with no real repentance.

The last section is possibly the most disturbing, because it implies that even pastors and former pastors will not sound the alarm, because they will not paying any attention to the moral decline going on around them but simply "pointing to Christ."

Then I was on a highway and a former pastor was driving. I was in the passenger seat and he was pointing out the front window. He said, "See that little cloud in the distance, He is coming." I felt safe in the car with him. But I could see only see his finger and the rear view mirror, so I looked out his side window, and there was a HUGE black tornado devouring everything in sight. Then I heard a voice that said, "ARE YOU WATCHING?" And I woke up.

The former pastor is seen pointing to the return of Christ, which was depicted as a little cloud far away in the distance, yet he was oblivious to the huge moral decline now bearing down on them, as represented by the black tornado devouring everything in sight. This tornado corresponds to the Long Black Train.

The last line is God asking her, "Are You Watching?" and it appears many Christians and even many in church leadership will not be. Truly devout Christians must, however. They will be the only things standing in the way of Christian culture falling into complete moral decline.

Notes: I found it interesting studying about the song "Long Black Train" after I received this dream. I'm not a country fan, so I had never heard of it. But the song was written by country singer Josh Turner back in 2003. The theme was there same: Avoiding the temptation that was coming, for as he explained in an interview, it was the result of a vision God gave him that led to the writing of the song:

"Long Black Train" was inspired by a vision that I had of a long, black train running down this track way out in the middle of nowhere. I could see people standing out to the sides of this track watching the train go by. As I was walking, experiencing this vision, I kept asking myself, "What does this vision mean, and what is this train?" It dawned on me that this train was a physical metaphor for temptation: These people are caught up in the decision of whether or not to go on this train. And this came about in a time of my life where I was trying to figure out who I was as an artist and as a person ... "Long Black Train," the song and the album, are very special to me. It was just one of those things that I felt like God gave to me for a purpose, and I've been out here promoting that purpose.
Story Behind the Song: Josh Turner, 'Long Black Train'

Thanks for sharing.

Not that I disagree but country has gone south for decades .

Yes it has, but this is precisely the point. Christians are increasingly accepting it and going with the flow, and the increasing number of spiritual deaths of believers is something to remain concerned about. That's the strategy of the enemy I think, is to desensitize society and even the church to moral corruption.

In a way, it speaks to the issue of how strong an influence entertainers in general have on society and the church, especially amongst the young, which is something the enemy counts on.

Yes it has, but this is precisely the point. Christians are increasingly accepting it and going with the flow, and the increasing number of spiritual deaths of believers is something we should remain concerned about. That's the strategy of the enemy I think, is to desensitize society and even the church to moral corruption.

In a way, it speaks to the issue of how strong an influence entertainers in general have on society and the church, especially amongst the young, which is something the enemy counts on.

Tbh there were bars here. Florida was nothing like it is now. In my youth we didn't have rock stations until the mid 80s and the bars were all Country. The Lamp Post known for fighting was the nearby hooting owl. Long Branch was also a Country bar. To the south the shadows, a pool hall with Country music. The Brass Tap likely Country too.

Pastor Adrian Rogers speaks about his days as Pastor of Parkview Baptist Church and about evil people at a topless country bar, and I know as my FIL often went there and was not known to listen rock but country.

His collection I posses. My point is it really wasn't Godly.

Tbh there were bars here. Florida was nothing like it is now. In my youth we didn't have rock stations until the mid 80s and the bars were all country. The lamp post known for fighting was the nearby hooting owl. Long branch was also a country bar. To the south the shadows, a pool hall with country music. The Brass Tap likely country too.

Pastor Adrian Rogers speaks about his days as Pastor of Parkview Baptist Church and about evil people at a topless country bar, and I know as my FIL often went there and was not known to listen rock but country.

His collection I posses. My point is it really wasn't Godly.

Yeah, I recall a testimony of one mind-control victim - I think it was Kathy O'Brien - that her handler was a small time Country singer and played the Nashville scene.

I think the most difficult thing about it all is this: Once you lose Christian morality and behavior becomes divorced from the standards set forth in scripture, how do you get it back? It's almost like crucifying Christ anew and putting Him to an open shame again, because Christianity has been so badly compromised as to no longer represent what it once was, at least to the common man on the street anyway.

And then anyone who wants to dismiss true Christian morality will simply mock it by pointing to all the immoral examples being set forth by others.

It's very insidious IMO, and an effective way to silence the witness of true believers in Christ Jesus.

Yeah, I recall a testimony of one mind-control victim - I think it was Kathy O'Brien - that her handler was a small time Country singer and played the Nashville scene.

I think the most difficult thing about it all is this: Once you lose Christian morality and behavior becomes divorced from the standards set forth in scripture, how do you get it back? It's almost like crucifying Christ anew and putting Him to an open shame again, because Christianity has been so badly compromised as to no longer represent what it once was, at least to the common man on the street anyway.

And then anyone who wants to dismiss true Christian morality will simply mock it by pointing to all the immoral examples being set forth by others.

It's very insidious IMO, and an effective way to silence the witness of true believers in Christ Jesus.

Note calabash that was in the 20s when the prohibition was on .

The word juke joint ,comes from juge joint a place where music played and beer serviced and women danced and money was given for a good time .

I like to temper and remind myself via history that the world was always evil .

Note calabash that was in the 20s when the prohibition was on .

The word juke joint ,comes from juge joint a place where music played and beer serviced and women danced and money was given for a good time .

I like to temper and remind myself via history that the world was always evil .

No, it's true. Mankind will tend to gravitate towards sin, especially as society becomes increasingly decadent. The thing was, the Great Depression brought them back to reality back then, and it may take the same kind of severe economic desperation to bring us back from the brink this time. I know hardships are coming because no country can keep living off of borrowed money forever, and the cost of living is going to increasingly squeeze people out.

But the question is how long will it be before they start turning to God as their solution? I don't see it happening right away. I think they will just continue to lean on government until they drain them dry, and it becomes evident that hand outs will be coming with less and less frequency. That will increasingly raise the crime rate, which will in turn escalate the moral and financial decline until maybe they finally start turning their eyes to Heaven for real. But I also think the True Power of God needs to be made manifest again. This business of trying to talk people into a philosophical form of Christianity with no supernatural Power in it will not cut it in what is coming. They will need to believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is Truly Among Them again, as He was during New Testament times. Just my opinion.

No, it's true. Mankind will tend to gravitate towards sin, especially as society becomes increasingly decadent. The thing was, the Great Depression brought them back to reality back then, and it may take the same kind of severe economic desperation to bring us back from the brink this time. I know hardships are coming because no country can keep living off of borrowed money forever, and the cost of living is going to increasingly squeeze people out.

But the question is how long will it be before they start turning to God as their solution? I don't see it happening right away. I think they will just continue to lean on government until they drain them dry, and it becomes evident that hand outs will be coming with less and less frequency. That will increase the crime rate, and that will escalate the moral and financial decline until maybe they start turning their eyes to Heaven for real. But I also think the True Power of God needs to be made manifest again. This business of trying to talk people into a philosophical form of Christianity with no supernatural Power in it will not cut it with what is coming. They will need to believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is Truly Among Them again, as He was during New Testament times.

I don't see the nation turning to God in the depression. We gave lip service to God. Granted we weren't woke or so forth but the accounts of shanty towns around navy and army base construction is hard to ignore and the brothels

I don't see the nation turning to God in the depression. We gave lip service to God. Granted we weren't woke or so forth but the accounts of shanty towns around navy and army base construction is hard to ignore and the brothels

Well, the thing is they came out of it, and I don't think anything short of the Antichrist coming to power will do so this time. It's like with what happened after 9/11. The churches were all packed out for a few weeks, and "Oh God help us all," and then they went back to their lives. I don't think they go back so easily in what is coming, or the world for that matter. I think there will be brief respites here and there, but the desperation in American society may become an increasingly permanent part of the landscape, leading to hopelessness and despair.

Without Christ, that is.

My aunt is more your age, and she told me she's glad she won't live to see it.

Well, the thing is they came out of it, and I don't think anything short of the Antichrist coming to power will do so this time. It's like with what happened after 9/11. The churches were all packed out for a few weeks, and "Oh God help us all," and then they went back to their lives. I don't think they go back so easily in what is coming, or the world for that matter. I think there will be brief respites here and there, but the desperation in American society may become an increasingly permanent part of the landscape, leading to hopelessness and despair.

Without Christ, that is.
WW2 honestly did and the depression era times has been a subject I delve into. My in laws were young. FIL born in 34, his older sibling the last of his generation is 96, she was born in 1928. She graduated in 46 and her year book on the first page shows the A-bomb and says "It's over." They were born in a house with no running water, no plumbing and outhouse and no AC.

Milk was a luxury. My FIL played in rich people homes when they abandoned them and said furniture was left . They if that time save anything and are thrifty. The blessings you mentioned are a curse in a sense .

I'm not gonna say it will not happen but only that compares to my in laws most that aren't that way ,places exist today where locally I know and I loved it don't have running water or power .

I should have made a video or photo of that house with the green roof and the family in it and neither power or water.

Another house that did have both but the windows were blocked and the fire marshall forced that ti change and other homes so buried under brush that you didn't know people lived in them and had utilities.

We often gripe over petty things.

They were born in a house with no running water, no plumbing and outhouse and no AC.

Milk was a luxury.

I can't even imagine a day like this. All of it has always been there for me. AC especially I think I would hemorrhage over if I didn't have it. Plumbing, running water, hot water, even milk I could survive without, but AC? What a miserable existence that would be for me. I sometimes wonder if they lived shorter lives back then because they wanted to, LoL.

I can't even imagine a day like this. All of it has always been there for me. AC especially I think I would hemorrhage over if I didn't have it. Outhouse, plumbing, even milk I could survive without, but AC? What a miserable existence that would be for me. I sometimes wonder if they lived shorter lives back then because they wanted to, LoL.

AC wasn't common until the 70s here. Schools didn't have them.

AC wasn't common until the 70s here. Schools didn't have them.

That was about the time I started. I remember they still had those AC units you would put in the windows.

But regarding morality, I remember when Christianity was presented in a favorable light on TV shows like Bonanza and Little House and The Waltons. And I was raised on Peanuts, where Christ and Christianity were mentioned in the cartoons. And even Elvis was still singing gospel tunes, let alone Country artists singing Christian themes.

You'll still here some nice, heart-warming stuff, but anything strongly Christ-based is becoming an increasing rarity now.

How interesting! Some pretty interesting insights as to the meaning of the dream, as well. I had a little trouble understanding if the comments belonged to you or to your friend?

Regardless, my wife and I have regularly spoken to the spiritual climate that we've been in, both in our nation, and in our own community, as well as around the world. My wife is British, and I'm American.

In our community a large number of pastors have had serious problems. I could go down the list. You wouldn't believe it if I told you--probably shouldn't do it in public? It's every bit as bad as you could imagine!

How interesting! Some pretty interesting insights as to the meaning of the dream, as well. I had a little trouble understanding if the comments belonged to you or to your friend?

Regardless, my wife and I have regularly spoken to the spiritual climate that we've been in, both in our nation, and in our own community, as well as around the world. My wife is British, and I'm American.

In our community a large number of pastors have had serious problems. I could go down the list. You wouldn't believe it if I told you--probably shouldn't do it in public? It's every bit as bad as you could imagine!

Well, it can get depressing cuz I can only imagine. I've seen stuff myself.

The dream (in cursive) was my friend's. The straight text was mine, plus notes on the vision Josh Turner had. Dreams are indeed fascinating. The Lord will bring them back to you, even when you haven't thought of them in years. :thm

Well, it can get depressing cuz I can only imagine. I've seen stuff myself.

The dream (in cursive) was my friend's. The straight text was mine, plus notes on the vision Josh Turner had. Dreams are indeed fascinating. The Lord will bring them back to you, even when you haven't thought of them in years. :thm
Yes, I've had some amazing dreams myself. However, I also get occult dreams. I used to have them pretty regularly, and so I thought to abandon any connection to occultic media or entertainment.

That cut down on most of the nightmares. But I had one the other night out of the blue. I woke up shaking and having trouble breathing--it was hard to fight off an evil spirit.

I woke up and was afraid to go back to sleep, thinking I would return to the nightmare--the evil spirit was so strong in the room.

But I was able to get back to sleep. Just pure harassment from evil spirits! I guess we'll have to live with them as long as we're in this world.

I really hate them, and it just makes me more determined to stick with the Lord and remain in His good favor.

On the other hand, the dreams the Lord has given me, though rare, are quite incredible. And I seem to be able to interpret, as well.

Sometimes I wonder if things are just my imagination. But some of these dreams are way too real.

Man, oh man. Right after writing this I returned to another forum I post on, and some guy came unglued on me because of my stated position that I'm against "Sacramentalism."

There are a few Catholics there, who believe the sacraments and rituals and relics emit power or miracles or something. I said I believe in "Faith Alone" and that Works and Sacraments should be relegated to non-Salvation matters of obedience or observance. Then I get this from a guy there who obviously doesn't like me:

Ain't Zwinglian said:
I don't believe you have read a page of Luther. I therefore am going to access your account, hit the ignore button so I don't have to communicate with you anymore. God's blessings on you here at CF.

I don't know what to make of it. But coming right after sharing with you my occultic dream that was pretty weird!

Back