Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Newbie Who Wants You to Set the Agenda for Topics I Should Address

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Berserk

I stumbled onto this forum and was surprised to discover I was a member. I don't think I've ever posted here; so I'm in effect a newbie. I'm a retired United Methodist pastor (evangelical) who grew up in a Pentecostal church and have extensive experience of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I have an MDiv from Princeton and a doctorate in New Testament and Judaism from Harvard. I was a theology professor for 12 years at a Catholic university. I share all this because I don't want to post a controversial thread just to be provocative or to express my interests. What I'd rather do is ask readers to identify topics they'd like me to address. I'll throw out 5 possible topics and ask you for encouragement or discouragement to engage them.
(1) Translation and textual errors in Bible translations
(2) My life journey from the perspective of my paranormal experiences and exercise of gifts of the Holy Spirit
(3) Paul's teaching about speaking in tongues and the gift of prophecy
(4) The highlights and disappointments of my tours of Bible lands (Israel, Greece, Turkey)
(5) Catholic distinctives in biblical perspective

If none of these topics float your boat, please list the burning questions you'd like to be addressed.

Why did Job respond as he did in Job 12:2?
Sarcasm to Zophar

“Doubtless you are the only people who matter,
and wisdom will die with you!
3 But I have a mind as well as you;
I am not inferior to you.

Who does not know all these things?

Sarcasm to Zophar

“Doubtless you are the only people who matter,
and wisdom will die with you!
3 But I have a mind as well as you;
I am not inferior to you.

Who does not know all these things?
I was asking Berserk for a reason which seems to have escaped both of you. My question was neither idle nor random.

Hi Berserk and welcome to CF :wave2

These are very controversial topics that we try to stay away from as they cause division and only turn into heated discussions. If this is your only agenda for joining CF I really do not see any good coming out of these topics. Please go read the Terms of Service and the Community message as we are here to edify and lift up one another with topics that helps to teach the word of God. We might not always agree with each other in the various understandings, but yet our common ground is the love we have for the Lord. Tread lightly with whatever thread you want to start so that it does not cause division among the members.

God bless

Back