Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] A praise and a prayer needed

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jeff77

First of all I want to praise God that I have been clean/sober for a little over a year now. I struggled with all kinds of drugs and alcohol for at least 15 years and tried numerous times to get sober including several rehabs. Although I did many different drugs my last one that I was dealing with was opiates. I go to an A.A meeting from time to time but I feel that my relationship with God is the main reason I am sober today. In fact in the last 5 months I almost feel like God has completely taken my addiction away cause I no longer have the desire to use anymore.

My addiction was so bad that that getting over this is the biggest miracle that has ever happened to me. It is worth more than any accomplishment in my life than I can think of. Thank you Jesus!!!!

I still need your prayers for a separate issue. I have several sleep disorders including apnea and rem movement disorder. My sleep disorders keep me from functioning most days of the week except I am able to go to work but then pretty much come home and crash. I have a wife and 2 kids and I spend more time in bed than with them. I cannot even pick my kids up from school and take care of them after work because I am afraid I will fall asleep at the wheel. my Dr. is trying some meds but little progress is being made.

There is so much more to my story but I think this is enough to start with.

You are in my prayers, Jeff, and so is your family.

Our Lord is certainly amazing in how He loves us! You are safe in His care, never doubt that. The conquering of the drug addictions is powerful testimony, and I'm very thankful you shared that with us. Our Lord uses our situations as prime examples to those around us (even here on the internet) of His love & concern for us.

Just as with the addictions, I'm confident you've turned the sleep disorders over to our Lord. And while He contends with it in His time, there is something I suggest which might help you sleep: lavender. Whether it's soaking in lavender bath salts, using lavender soap, or eating a bite of lavender cake/cupcake prior to bed ... lavender has been used for centuries as a relaxer. (It's been suggested that parents of children with ADD or other behavior issues to make use of more lavender in their homes & with cooking to soothe their children.) Lavender for eating purposes can be purchased at most health food stores.

Now, I'm not a doctor nor am I knowledgeable in all areas of herbs & flowers. But I do know how lavender relaxes a person.

Please keep us updated on your situation, Jeff!

Blessings!

Hi Jeff,

I had the exact same story as yours. I will pray for your recovery and your sleep issues. Sometimes I wake up and feel compelled to pray in the middle of the night. Maybe take this time to draw closer to God???

Back