Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

About the Unforgivable Sin, Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Anion

Hey yall,

I found an article that talks about the Christian philosophies and interpretations around the unforgivable sin and other scriptures of doom. I hope it will be a great resource for people fearing displeasing God and who are haunted by scary bible verses like "falling away", and "willfully sinning."

Here is the link: CLICK >>> "What is the Unforgivable Sin? - UnforgivableSin.org"

The answer is in Mark 3. See verses 28-30. He was accused of being in league with the devil, having an unclean spirit.

Mark 3:28-30

28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

1 Timothy 1:13 Paul (Saul) was a blasphemer and even persecuted Christians to death, but was a blasphemer out of ignorance in unbelief for he knew not Christ or the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It wasn't until his conversion on the road to Damascus that his spiritual eyes and ears were opened, to understanding, Acts 9.

Those who walk in unbelief are just that being nonbelievers and are none of Christ like Paul was at one time. Those who have walked in truth given them by the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) John 14:26, are those who have also turned back to the flesh just as the foolish Galatians who walked away from faith in Galatians chapter 3. Those who blasphemy the Holy Spirit knowing the truth have walked away from it as their hearts become hardened and they speak evil against the (Holy Spirit)

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

This might help us understand what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is all about in a simpler understanding. It's a conscious and hardened opposition to the truth because the Spirit that is God is truth. Conscious and hardened resistance to the truth leads man away from humility and repentance and without repentance there can be no forgiveness. Because of defiance they refuse to hear what the Spirit (God) is speaking to them. The only unpardonable sin is refusing to let God pardon you for without repentance there is no forgiveness of sin.

Strong's Concordance definition of blasphemy - contempt

Contempt: the feeling that a person or thing is beneath consideration, worthless, or deserving scorn.

Provocation : action or speech that makes someone annoyed or angry, especially deliberately

Example: Nehemiah 9:18; 26; Ezekiel 35:12-15

Dictionary blasphemy - the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously (evil) about God or sacred things; provain talk

Blasphemy in scripture: (read the full context as I only picked out certain verses that contain the word blasphemy)

2 Samuel 12:14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

Isaiah 52:5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.

Matthew 9:3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Mark 14:64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Luke 5: 21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

Acts 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

Romans 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

James 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

Reprobate mind means a depraved, unprincipled or wicked person rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation

Example:

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The unpardonable sin (Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit).
I have heard two opinions on this one.
The first opinion is that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to Satan. This is referenced in the Bible where Jesus cast demons out of someone and the Pharisees accused Him of casting out demons by Beelzebub.
The second opinion is that the unpardonable sin is to reject Jesus and the calling of the Holy Spirit to repent of your sins and be saved.

Back