Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Account Problems on the New Site

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

testjosh

I didn't want to make this thread for just me, so I thought that for those who can browse the new forums but cannot sign in with their old credentials to post anything, that they could register with a test account and post their account requests here.

As for me, as a mod I was probably supposed to mail greg a while back with my information but I never did. Sorry. :sad I need to be able to log in as 'cyberjosh'. Vic or someone: can you check what's up with my account when you get the chance, and then delete this account?

Thanks,

~Josh

I don't see "cyberjosh" in the member list.
I can change your current nick "testjosh" to "cyberjosh" and update the post count IF we knew what it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't able to log in until I reset my password. It actually worked this time. I was at another forum before where they did the exact same change, and I was never able to change my password there. I wasn't able to last time they tried this here either, but it worked out when they put the old forums back.

Rick and Josh, from the control panel, I was able to search cyberjosh, find it and "lift the ban" on your name. But I'm not sure that does anything. I did the same thing for freeway, thinking it would help him out, but he still can't login or even request a new password.

But the name is there. Maybe, since I lifted the ban, you can at least see it now.

I had to do the same thing that Theofilus did..... reset my password. Those of you unable to log in with your normal usernames, try a password reset and see if that works.

To reset it, go here: Lost Password Recovery Form - Christian Forums

You have to use the same e-mail addy as you are registered with. (If it is no longer a valid email addy, have one of the admins change it for you in their control panel.)

The forum will email you a new password. Log in with that, and then change your password in your settings after you are logged in.

I don't see "cyberjosh" in the member list.
I can change your current nick "testjosh" to "cyberjosh" and update the post count IF we knew what it was.

Hi Rick. I know this isn't your problem, so I may have to take it up with Greg, but I had several PMs which I would still like to access on my old account, one which I sent just two days ago. If I start a new account I will loose all that previous data. Can you PM me (to this account 'testjosh') greg's email address?

Thanks,

Josh

I got deleted too. My password and email address was no longer recognised. I emailed the mods but didn't get a reply so I've just reregistered. I'd like my old username back though if it can be arranged.

Josh,
I am able to see the user: cyberjosh
Where do you stand as far as changing your password?

Sherri2,
What was your old username?
Thanks.

Josh,
I am able to see the user: cyberjosh
Where do you stand as far as changing your password?

Hi Jeff,

Well, I entered in my email address for a password reset 15 mintues ago and nothing yet. Maybe it just takes a while for the email to be sent? If nothing happens in an hour, I'm going to try it again.

~Josh

Sherri,
There are three other usernames with "Sherri" as part of the name, but none that are just "Sherri". Can you send me a PM witht he e-mail address you used and I can check against that.

Thanks!

Hey gang as of this posting I still cannot sign in under freeway... I will use High Voltage, as was once my name on several other sites is the past. I am also not able to Quote anyone and wish no to just rewrite the input just to try to answer it... if that makes sense.. So for now I just be lurking....

Hey gang as of this posting I still cannot sign in under freeway... I will use High Voltage, as was once my name on several other sites is the past. I am also not able to Quote anyone and wish no to just rewrite the input just to try to answer it... if that makes sense.. So for now I just be lurking....
I don't know if anyone addressed this, but did you try to reset your passcode?

Yay! I'm back as cyberjosh! For some odd reason the password reset did not work the first time (and I did check my junk mail) but then I tried again this morning and the email was immediate.

P.S. I suppose that the 2-week loss of posts and PMs is irreversible? :sad Is there no possible way to migrate that data also as well? If not I'll live, but....

Hmmm, oddly I don't have adequate permissiosn to view or edit my own profile when I'm logged in. I get this:

cyberjosh,you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Interesting Josh...

This is what I get when I try to view your (or others) profile...
From what I am able to see, I don't see any reason for this...

StoveBolts, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Same old problems as before and then some new ones too!! Can we have our old forum back until these problems have been sorted out?
I haven't been able to log in until I changed my password today. We can't see any posts since August 17. I couldn't even create a temporary account so I could reply here and let everyone know what problems I'm having. And now, having written this, I clicked preview and got taken straight back to the log in page, and I've had to re-write it all!!

Back