Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam Clarke on Matt 24

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Some say that they can see Preterist understandings in some scriptures but not others such as the olivet.

Here is Adam Clarke's commentary on Matt 24. If the link fails search on your own because it is readily available.

Clarke errs on Matt 24:34 as he defined genea by strongs definition for Geno's. Elsewhere, the use of genea is never a race but refers to the people of a common lifespan. He errs because he assumes that there is to be a restoration of Jewish polity after a times or fullness of the gentiles have come in. He misunderstands rom 11:25 in that regard. For more on the topic of the word genea as generation vs Geno's as race search Charles samples article titled the greatest hoax.

Otherwise, Much of Clarke's commentary draws from Josephus and his historical record, seemingly providences by God for this purpose.

When I see Deut 32 in your name immediately it brings to mind the parallel between the Song of Moses being fulfilled in Large part by the end portions of Luke and Matthew.
Like Chiltons book.....These be the Days of Vengeance.

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

He is not reformed. I have his commentary on an

I know He is not reformed.
I think when we search out truth we take it where we find it.
Those who are "reformed" are for the most part more solid than the non reformed by far.
The difference being the depth of the biblical consistency, in content that has worked its way from the brain to the heart resulting in service, Kingdom service.

Because I am reformed make it my business to search out the best material on a topic.
I am not afraid to challenge what I hold as truth, and look for some of the best opponents to see if they can poke holes in what I hold to, as any correction would strengthen my gospel presentation.

Some say that they can see Preterist understandings in some scriptures but not others such as the olivet.

Here is Adam Clarke's commentary on Matt 24. If the link fails search on your own because it is readily available.

Clarke errs on Matt 24:34 as he defined genea by strongs definition for Geno's. Elsewhere, the use of genea is never a race but refers to the people of a common lifespan. He errs because he assumes that there is to be a restoration of Jewish polity after a times or fullness of the gentiles have come in. He misunderstands rom 11:25 in that regard. For more on the topic of the word genea as generation vs Geno's as race search Charles samples article titled the greatest hoax.

Otherwise, Much of Clarke's commentary draws from Josephus and his historical record, seemingly providences by God for this purpose.

There will be a restoration of the Jews when they are grafted back into the vine, and it is yet to happen.

I know He is not reformed.
I think when we search out truth we take it where we find it.
Those who are "reformed" are for the most part more solid than the non reformed by far.
The difference being the depth of the biblical consistency, in content that has worked its way from the brain to the heart resulting in service, Kingdom service.

Because I am reformed make it my business to search out the best material on a topic.
I am not afraid to challenge what I hold as truth, and look for some of the best opponents to see if they can poke holes in what I hold to, as any correction would strengthen my gospel presentation.
Older commentaries tend to be better albeit dated on some things .

I am using Adam Clarke's comments to learn more on eschatology but won't stop there ,barnes a Presbyterian is next .at a glance they say much the same .I may try spurgeon if he did say anything .he said much on heresy often .

There will be a restoration of the Jews when they are grafted back into the vine, and it is yet to happen.
Well, that's not my understanding of Romans 11.

Before telling my view, I'd ask you if your willing, to research definitions of pleroma (fullness) and note its meaning and usage elsewhere. Also define houtos (so) as compared with words for afterwards or then, which is how most people think of the meaning of so in this verse.
Also note the prophecies which Paul quotes in ch 9-11 and where they are taken from. In particular note the quote of Deut 32:19 in Rom 10:21 (or vice versa,) where Israel is prophecied to be made jealous by those they consider not a people of God, I. e. Christians.

I believe and confidently understand what Paul is saying is that in this last generation (of the mosaic covt/,first generation of Christ new covt), Jews who ,heard the gospel and originally disbelieved were not cast off, but some would become jealous of the fullness of God within believers from the nations and that jealousy, Paul hoped would be to cause some to emulate (vs 14?) the faith of the christians.

the calling and election unto the way of righteousness by grace through faith apart from the law is irrevocable. And some Jews would only be able to believe and emulate when they saw the fruits and fullness of the spirit embodied by those formerly called not the people of God as Hosea 1&2 declared also.

Paul does not want his readers to think that all Jews were cut off as the gospel went to Israelites of the dispersion and other people's. They individually could yet be grafted into the fatherb,(the root) again, but they needed to leave Moses and be graft in by faith/freedom in the SON (trunk) for his election of that way is IRREVOCABLE.

They are also not to return injury to their persecutors but to defer vengeance into God.

The context and audience of Rom 11 is first century interaction between Jews who originally disbelieved and the former Israelites living in Rome who were coming to belief!.

the believing in Jesus (the trunk, or David) group is now referred to as all Israel. All Israel shall be saved (delivered) was a phrase broadcast by the rabbis of the day to which they would add behaviors or sins which might exclude them from "all Israel"

Paul plays on this as he quotes from Isaiah 59:15-21 to describe how the christians are to be delivered from their being preyed upon by the Romans and Jews by God himself (his right arm) bringing salvation and deliverance like a flood. Deut 32:42 and Dan 9:26 describe how he would exercise his vengeance and protection.

Last edited:
Adam Clark grasped more than most commentators in our day.
The reason is often he allowed the bible to be it's own interpreter
It is interesting that he relied heavily on Josephus as if it was cannon, and yet bible college and most futurist churches almost ignore him.

Last edited:
When I see Deut 32 in your name immediately it brings to mind the parallel between the Song of Moses being fulfilled in Large part by the end portions of Luke and Matthew.
Like Chiltons book.....These be the Days of Vengeanc
About 15-20 yrs ago, I began on the journey by relying on the spirits to resolve obstacles and influences which the end times teachings would occasionally have since age 15 and the influence hal Lindsey's late great planet earth had on some of my generation.

Eventually, after noticing several quotes from Deut 32 in the nt such as about 4 or 5 places in Rom 3-14, I began to read through the book of Deuteronomy a few times, imagining myself standing beside Moses as he addressed them. In the speech from Deut, the tone and theme right from the beginning such as in ch 5:24ff is that this is not the eternal or good way. In 3 direct places, ch 31:29, 32:20 & 29 and inferred in other places such as ch 5 and 18:15-19, a latter end or end is prophecied, and we glean from Deut 18:15-19 and through a connection between Deut 30:6-14+, Dan 9 and the 483 yrs between vs 5 and 6 of Deut 30 with the 70th week being the new heart of Deut 30:6ff as confirmed in tprom 10:6-8; that the latter ends and end of the nation and religion formed by Moses speech would END (and violently) with the new voice from heaven, the new prophet and new heart.

It became apparent that other prophecies and additional descriptions of latter days, end, time of the end, end of age, etc spoken by all the prophets since samuel were like Peter said referring to the first century days with a few extending to a repeat confirmation in the second century.

I think of Deut 32 as the mother of end time prophecies, though a latter days of the descendancies of Jacob is also mentioned in Gen 49.1

Well, that's not my understanding of Romans 11.

Before telling my view, I'd ask you if your willing, to research definitions of pleroma (fullness) and note its meaning and usage elsewhere. Also define houtos (so) as compared with words for afterwards or then, which is how most people think of the meaning of so in this verse.
Also note the prophecies which Paul quotes in ch 9-11 and where they are taken from. In particular note the quote of Deut 32:19 in Rom 10:21 (or vice versa,) where Israel is prophecied to be made jealous by those they consider not a people of God, I. e. Christians.

I believe and confidently understand what Paul is saying is that in this last generation (of the mosaic covt/,first generation of Christ new covt), Jews who ,heard the gospel and originally disbelieved were not cast off, but some would become jealous of the fullness of God within believers from the nations and that jealousy, Paul hoped would be to cause some to emulate (vs 14?) the faith of the christians.

the calling and election unto the way of righteousness by grace through faith apart from the law is irrevocable. And some Jews would only be able to believe and emulate when they saw the fruits and fullness of the spirit embodied by those formerly called not the people of God as Hosea 1&2 declared also.

Paul does not want his readers to think that all Jews were cut off as the gospel went to Israelites of the dispersion and other people's. They individually could yet be grafted into the fatherb,(the root) again, but they needed to leave Moses and be graft in by faith/freedom in the SON (trunk) for his election of that way is IRREVOCABLE.

They are also not to return injury to their persecutors but to defer vengeance into God.

The context and audience of Rom 11 is first century interaction between Jews who originally disbelieved and the former Israelites living in Rome who were coming to belief!.

the believing in Jesus (the trunk, or David) group is now referred to as all Israel. All Israel shall be saved (delivered) was a phrase broadcast by the rabbis of the day to which they would add behaviors or sins which might exclude them from "all Israel"

Paul plays on this as he quotes from Isaiah 59:15-21 to describe how the christians are to be delivered from their being preyed upon by the Romans and Jews by God himself (his right arm) bringing salvation and deliverance like a flood. Deut 32:42 and Dan 9:26 describe how he would exercise his vengeance and protection.
I am not interested, thank you very much, and I am not going to waste my time arguing with you.

Last edited:
Back