Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

All-inclusive Object

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

netchaplain

More and more it becomes evident that the Lord Jesus does not have His proper place among the Children of God (though saved, yet many not adequately conformed maturely in Christ’s image, i.e. “walk as He walked” - 1Jo 2:6—NC). He is not the object of their hearts. It is either a doctrine, a dogma or an experience—something besides Himself (and this was written about 200 years ago—NC).

We seem to have much the same spirit that actuated Peter on the mount, when he said, “Let us make here three tabernacles” (so as to worship all three—NC). The Father solemnly rebukes this, “While he yet spoke, behold, a voice out of the cloud said: This is My beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased, hear ye Him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid; And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only” (Mat 17)?

Have you ever been in the “cloud”? Have you ever heard the “voice”? Have you ever been on your “face”? Then, have you heard another voice, “Arise”? Do the eyes of your heart see “no man save Jesus only? Many perhaps, have reached the top of the mount; but few, very few, have been in the “cloud,” have heard the “voice,” have been on their “faces,” have risen to see “Jesus only.”

“Christ is all” (Col 3:11). Do we make Him this? Is it a question of my salvation? “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31). Is it a question of relationship with God? “Ye are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ” (Gal 3:26). Is it a question of experience? “For me to live is Christ” (Phl 1:21). Is it a question of service”? “I can do all things (that He shows us to do in His Word—NC) through Christ which strengthens me” (Phl 4:13). Is it a matter of my path? “I am the Way” (Jn 14:6). Is it a question of heaven or the place to which my path leads? He would define it as “where I am” (Jn 14:3).

Oh, let us know more of that rich blessedness which comes of making Christ all, of seeing “Jesus only.” Our cry should be, “Oh, to know Him!” (Phl 3:10). In our selfishness we cry and beg for blessings. It is the Blesser we need, Himself (“need”- consumed by Himself more than His blessings—NC). He is the joy of the Father’s heart. Let us taste with Him the delight He takes in His beloved Son. The Lord Jesus is infinitely higher than doctrine or experience. Experience we shall have, but only with Him can our heats be satisfied.

Why is it we are not changed more “from glory to glory” (e.g. in our lifestyle—NC)? The veil has been rent; the Blood has been sprinkled; the Spirit has been given. The reason is we are occupied (preoccupied—NC) with ourselves and the work of the Spirit in us, rather than with Christ alone (Heb 12:2). This is the weakness in the vast holiness movement, especially (right motive, but often wrong method—NC). Let us look more in that unveiled face, from which streams the light of the knowledge of the glory of God (Heb 12:2). All else will pale and fade if we will but linger there (2Co 3:18—NC).

The Holy Spirit never occupies me with His work in me. The Word is, “He shall not speak of Himself.” “He shall glorify Me” (Jn 16:13, 14). To go further, the work of Christ, wonderfully blessed as it is, can never be the object of my heart. It gives my conscience peace, but only His Person can satisfy my heart (fellowship with the Lord Jesus involves only Himself and not His blessings, i.e. thinking on Himself as much as possible—NC).

The Father directs our attention to Him (Mat 17:5). The Spirit would occupy us with Him (Acts 7:55, 56). The Word of God testifies of Him (Jn 6:39). He is the Object of faith; He is the Object of love: He is the Object of Hope; and the faith, love or hope that does not make Him the Object is without reality. The risen Lord Jesus must be all for my path, all for my growth, all for my service and all for my worship. “Unto you therefore which believe, He is precious” (1Pe 2:7).

—F U B

MJS online devotional excerpt for September 9

"If we go on with the Father, sweet as is the assurance that we belong to Him, yet the uppermost thought will in the long run be Himself. We shall come back to His Person. We shall in our praises weave with them what the Lord Jesus has done, suffered, and won for us; but the primary thought in our hearts is, not what we have gained, however true, but what He has been for us and what He is for us, yes, what He is in Himself." -J.B.S.

"There is usually only occupation with the Lord Jesus for the relief of the conscience, and if so, where does it stop? It stops when the relief is gained. But if He is the object of the heart, you will never be satisfied but in fellowship with Him where He is." -MJS

Back