Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] An emptiness only Christ could fill--- my testimony

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Gazelle

BEFORE I received eternal life there was an emptiness inside. As a child I went with my family to church every Sunday (and there were 8 of us!) At church I learned stories, songs, and verse about God's love and why Jesus came.

But--there was still this emptiness inside--a void where I sensed something was missing and it seemed God belonged there. I was confirmed into the church, be still, the emptiness continued.

When I was older someone told me that knowing all those stories and verses about Jesus was good, that for that emptiness to go away I had to receive eternal life. While alone shortly afterwards, I fell to my knees in shame and brokenness and asked Christ for forgiveness and for eternal life.

Since accepting that gift from God, that emptiness has been filled with peace. No matter what I go through, I never doubt my security in Christ's promise of salvation.

Some years later I was travelling on the turnpike in an area undre construction: I was going the speed limit of 60 mph on an uphill grade. As I neared the top, a dump truck pulled out into my lane! There were only 2 lanes, packed with traffic behind and beside me, and because of the concrete barriers for the construction, there were no emergency lanes.

In those fleeting seconds as I was breaking the car and knowing I was going to plow into the back of that truck, I silently told God, "This is it, Lord, I'm coming home...this is it."

I was less than 10 feet from impact when suddenly there was NO traffic next to me, and I felt the car move over into that lane, narrowly missing the rear of the dump truck. All the time I had this peace within because I'm not afraid of death, having accepted Jesus' gift of eternal life.

May you be sure of your salvation, and enjoy the Peace that passes all understanding. :heart God is love.

Powerful and uplifting testimony, thanks for sharing.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue> </o:tongue>
I agree that God is love.
<o:tongue> </o:tongue>
1 Corinthians 13:13:
<SUP>13</SUP> Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Back