Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Angels among us.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
While on CF.net, I've read a lot about Christian perspectives, interptations, bible studies, and juggling what's right and what God wants from us. I've read a little bit about God interacting in our lives, through prayers answered testimonies of a miracle like event, or just lives changed. To a lesser extent I've also read about hearing from God, talking in tongues, hearing from the Holy Spirit, and knowing what is from God and what isn't on what we think is from Him.

But one thing I've only read a few things on is on experiences with angels. Edward I think shared at least one, and I think only one or two other people here (sorry I can't remember who) that I remember reading a testimony about a possible angel.

This is a huge blind spot in my faith. Not just from christianfourms, but in general as well. I know that angels exist because of the bible, and I hope they exist from the very few testimonies I've come across. Yet in every day to day life, do I remember there are angels in the world? Or do I worry about if I have the Holy Spirit in me, wonder if God can love someone like me, or if I can have a personal relationship with Jesus. The answer is that I don't seem to remember that God can be working or watching us through angels.

I wish there was more testimony about Angels out there to be strengthened by. Sometimes it feels like it's a very lonely walk in faith and we trip up too much.

Hi Not_Now.Soon. I'll give a testimony. I have never "seen" a literal angel, but there have been times in my life where the angels where present and I could feel their presence.

When I was in high school I got into a rollover crash. As I was rolling.......it felt like pillows surrounding me as the car kept rolling. (knew it was angelic protection)

I used to work the night shift and would come home early mornings. I was driving across this 8 lane bridge to get home and suddenly I felt a kind of tap on my shoulder to look in the rear view mirror. (angelic) A random car was speeding up behind me and would hit me if I hadn't got into a different lane.

There was also a time when I was 2 years old where I had a grand mal seizure on the golf course with my parents. We were 30 minutes out of town and my mom had to give me CPR the whole time. I don't remember this period of my life really, but I do remember waking up in the hospital room. (I just instinctually know angels were involved)

I had watched City of Angels again after my bridge incident, and it kinda works like that.

I bet if you really think back to some incidents, maybe you will see protection? Idk

This is a good topic that should be discussed and I hope more come in and share with you and all of us.

I don't think to many people think about our relationships with angels as being ministering angels of God. I couldn't even begin to count how many times in my 65 years here on earth that I know it was angels who kept me from certain death. There was a time I even entertain an angel unaware in what I thought was helping a homeless stranger in need and when my back was turned for just a moment I turn around and this stranger seemed to vanish in thin air.

You never know when and where and angel of God will show up and as Hebrews 13:2 says be careful for you never know when you are entertaining angels unaware.

I believe it is more important to know you have a personal relationship with Christ and are indwelled with the Holy Spirit. God's plan of salvation is through Christ Jesus by God's grace. When Jesus was taken up to heaven God sent down His Holy Spirit that teaches us that of what Jesus taught and will bring those scriptures back to our memory when we need them. All of this comes by the Spiritual rebirth that it is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me and works through me.

Angels have many different functions as keeping God's people out of physical danger, as in the cases of Daniel in the lions den, and his three friends in the fiery furnace (Daniel 3 and 6). They are sent to deliver God's people out of danger once they're in it. Angels released the apostles from prison in Acts 5, and repeated the process for Peter in Acts 12. God often uses angels as His means of answering the prayers of His people (Daniel 9:20-24; 10:10-12; Acts 12:1-17).

You are right though as there are not to many testimonies about our interaction with angels.

There was a time I even entertain an angel unaware in what I thought was helping a homeless stranger in need and when my back was turned for just a moment I turn around and this stranger seemed to vanish in thin air.

You never know when and where and angel of God will show up and as Hebrews 13:2 says be careful for you never know when you are entertaining angels unaware.
Yep, this happens too!

Thank you both for sharing what you've seen, even it it's just a small sa out of what you've seen I appreaciate it.

LovethroughDove, the closest I can think of (right now anyways) that could have been Angels are stuff that I think are from God Himself. Answers to prayers and inner conversations that I hope and wonder might have been also from God, or from the Holy Spirit. (Or neither is a possibility too, but hopefully that's not the case).

In either case thank you for your testimonies because I'm glad to have something like that to think on.

IF I ever encountered an angel, it was twice and both times they took the form of elderly people. Once, about 2 years after my suicide attempt, I was working graveyards at an Exxon self-serve. Back then the booths were tiny little things. They didn't have these big stores/restaurants attached to them back then.
It was Christmas Eve and, even though I was alone, I felt "Christmassy" and was being extra friendly to any soul who happened by in the wee hours.
Anyway, a car pulls up and and old man walks up to the window to get gas and he was smiling real big as if he knew how I felt that cold night. His demeanor just seemed to make everything seem peaceful and warm. His smile and gaze made me feel like he knew me. I told him "Merry Christmas" and he said the same in return with his seemingly all knowing appearance. For all I know, he had just gotten out of Christmas Eve service and stopped to get gas. But, I remembered him for years and years. I'll be asking the Lord one day about that guy.

IF I ever encountered an angel, it was twice and both times they took the form of elderly people. Once, about 2 years after my suicide attempt, I was working graveyards at an Exxon self-serve. Back then the booths were tiny little things. They didn't have these big stores/restaurants attached to them back then.
It was Christmas Eve and, even though I was alone, I felt "Christmassy" and was being extra friendly to any soul who happened by in the wee hours.
Anyway, a car pulls up and and old man walks up to the window to get gas and he was smiling real big as if he knew how I felt that cold night. His demeanor just seemed to make everything seem peaceful and warm. His smile and gaze made me feel like he knew me. I told him "Merry Christmas" and he said the same in return with his seemingly all knowing appearance. For all I know, he had just gotten out of Christmas Eve service and stopped to get gas. But, I remembered him for years and years. I'll be asking the Lord one day about that guy.

I was a cashier before I retired and oddly I too worked in an Exxon station. But, yes you just get that certain customer that is uniquely different that brings peace and joy to your heart just by a simple smile and a certain twinkle in their eye.

Seriously...
The truth about angels is one that always gets me...
Angels are ministering spirits that are there to send a message from God.

Which means that it can be anything from a virus to a radio station to a television preacher and sometimes just a friend that you have known for a long time.

It also means that God is keeping an eye out on you. And watching you closely...and that in itself is a scary thing. I would much rather fly under the radar...I'm not that good of a guy. I'd get zapped for doing something wrong before breakfast on any normal day.

Facetiously,
Those Guardian Angels with the flowing wings and really cool angel names that everyone gets...you know...like Gabriel, Michael, Azriel, Peniel, and etc...
Then they are really pretty. With cool, huge wings that lets them fly everywhere. The pin feathers on those things would make an awesome quill pen...
*sigh*
Then...the Heavenly Music that you hear when they are around...lots of harps and organ music...faint trumpet sounding....

Well,
Mine has none of that.
My Guardian Angel's name is Buck. He has no wings but does have a dorky scarf he wears that would make Dr. Who cringe. (says its for symbolism that "one day, maybe on his next assignment"...) And as far as music? He keeps alternating between Willie Nelson;s "On the Road Again" and Johnny Paycheck;s "Take This Job and Shove It"...and I don't even like country music. I'm an '80's rock and roll fan...
Well...
And then there is the sarcasm...
Well...lets just say that I, as a construction worker, learned a whole new level of derogatory language to use....And I have also learned to wear a hat at all times. I highly recommend that you wear one too. You just never know who is flying above you on any given day and time. Even indoors.
When I first caught him and asked Buck about it he just laughed and said, "Holy Water comes in many ways and forms." I told him that I didn't want to be "blessed in such a fashion"...

Wow, there's quite a few Angel testimonies up here. I figured I may as well post mine too so I dug around and found it on my hard drive.
This is, in my mind the biggest miracle that God has ever done for me. He sent an Angel to my garage sale and he over paid me to help me.

This is when I was still living in Colorado Springs CO, and I had a 4 BR house for 1000 a month. I've been self employed as a Mechanical Contractor (HVAC) since 1994. Back in the mid 90's I was doing great but the economy has been doing the big slide downhill and I found myself with less and less work, until I was 2 months behind in rent, plus, I had a utility shut off notice for Monday, for 300 dollars. This was Saturday. I had a 1-1/2 car detached garage and so was trying to make extra money by selling off all the household goods that a single man don't really care about having. But when my Wife left after 26 years...she took the gold & cash and gold, SUV and left. So I built two 4 X 8 tables out of plywood and set up in the garage for a garage sale. I had been doing this for a few weeks and on sunny weekends, I'd throw an ad on Craigslist and sit in the driveway on a couch, to sell the junk off, ya' know? Now you know how garage sales are...they don't pay the rent, lol. But it kept me fed sorta and in cigarettes, lol.

One Saturday I'm out doing the garage sale thing, and my landlord pulls up. He had my walking papers. He said Ed, I like you but I have bills too so I have to get someone in here that can pay consistently. I had been behind before some here and there, but then catch it up when a nice job comes in. I guess 2 grand was his limit. He gave me my 3 day notice and said goodbye and left. I sunk back down into the couch very discouraged. I prayed to the Lord for some help. After praying it was about dusk so I went ahead and closed it up and went back into the house. As soon as I went downstairs to my family room where my computer is and sat down, the phone rang. A man said he seen my ad on CL but could he come by after he got off work in about an hour and a half to look at my garage sale? I of course said yes. And He showed up exactly on time.

We walked out to the garage and I opened it up, and as soon as I stepped inside, He said to me, How much do you need? Now I went (tilt) because that's an odd question, so I ignored it and went into salesman mode and began telling Him about the stuff. I walked to a table, picked something up and talked about it...He didn't even look at it. He said again, how much do you need? (Tilt!). I began talking about other things and didn't answer His question. (What do you say to something like that?!). I was expecting Him to begin looking at my merchandise, but He didn't seem really all that interested. I forget what I picked up but I did and said blah blah blah, and handed it to him for him to check it out, and he took it and gave it a quick sideways glance and set it down and said, how much do you need?

And I still wasn't putting two and two together! So I ignored the question and began talking about other stuff. I handed him a couple different things but he set them back down so fast that I didn't think he was interested in the type of stuff that I had. He said again, how much do you need? (Tilt). I looked at him...and didn't get it! So he says, well how about 1900 for everything on that table over there? ...(Tilt!) (A 4X8 home made plywood table full of household knick knacks)

Now that is not how a garage sale goes. They just don't. So I couldn't answer Him. My head was spinning at this point. I looked down at the floor...then He says, well how about 2400 then? (Now I knew This was a joke, and I did want to hear the punch line, so I looked at Him and said, sure, sounds fine.)
and the punch line was...he pulled out a stack of 100 dollar bills big enough to choke a horse and counted me out 24 of them! Now I began thinking that maybe He was some kind of dealer, a flea market guy wanting to stock up or something? (I hadn't yet remembered that I had prayed for help!). But He paid me, so I asked if He would like some help loading it up into his pickup. He said, yes thank you. So I got some cardboard boxes and we began boxing stuff up. Then He reaches over and takes something out of the box that I had just put into it, and says, oh you can keep that I wont need it..that too, this too...(Tilt!) He wound up leaving about 25% of the stuff on the table that He had just paid me for! Not just the cheapest junkiest stuff, just random stuff. Some of it nice, my Wife loved to spend money.

I took a real close look at him to see if he was the type with more cash than brains...or what? He was well groomed, fit, well spoken, and drove a nicer pickup truck. Nope, He wasn't that type. My head was spinning. We finished loading up, shook hands, he smiled real big, and then drove off...I closed up the garage and went back into the house and as I was going back down the basement stairs and was feeling the wad of cash in my pocket...I said, Praise the Lord!...and then it hit me...that was an Angel come to answer my prayer! It had to be because people don't act like that!

Then I thought about my bills...2400...2 grand for the back rent...300 for the utilities, and a hundred bucks extra for groceries! Bam! Within 2 hours of praying for help. Then it all made very perfect sense to me. I needed help and prayed, He came, why He kept asking me how much I needed, all of it. There is no other answer to explain what happened. Garage salers do not come talk the price up! They talk it down, right? Right. I sat down and lost it...I cried and thanked the Lord and thanked the Lord and praised Him...!!!

Then I felt stupid for not realizing it was an Angel come to help when He was here! Entertaining Angels unawares...the Grace of the Lord...you have not because ye ask not...I knew all that! Why couldn't I see it when He was there?! I had so many questions I could have asked Him, lol! That was absolutely awesome. Praise the Lord! In retrospect I think I was being restrained from being able to realize that an Angel was there, until after he left because I prolly would have started asking stupid questions.

Angels are essentially “ministering spirits,” (Hebrews 1:14) and do not have physical bodies like humans. Jesus declared that “a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have” (Luke 24:37-39).

The Bible classifies some angels as “elect” (1 Timothy 5:21) or “holy” (Matthew 25:31; Mark 8:38). All angels were created to be holy, enjoying the presence of God (Matthew 18:10) and the beauty of heaven (Mark 13:32).

Other angels oppose God under the leadership of Satan (Isaiah 14:12-20) whom even Satan is a created spirit of God that is why God could never destroy him because a spirit can not die. (Matthew 25:41; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1: 6; Ephesians 6:12). We often call these types of angels demons for which an everlasting fire is prepared by God for these angels.

Angels have no gender (Matthew 22:30) and are innumerable (Hebrews 12:22). They are incarnate in human form at times (Genesis 18:2-8) for the purpose of ministry. Angels also express emotions (Luke 15:10), are wise (2 Samuel 14:20) and powerful (Psalms 103:20).

The unnamed angels who appear most often in Scripture carry out a variety of tasks—all designed to serve God…

Worship and praise - This is the main activity portrayed in heaven (Isaiah 6:1-3; Revelation 4-5).

Revealing - They serve as messengers to communicate God's will to men. They helped reveal the law to Moses (Acts 7:52-53), and served as the carriers of much of the material in Daniel, and Revelation.

Guiding - Angels gave instructions to Joseph about the birth of Jesus (Matthew 1-2), to the women at the tomb, to Philip (Acts 8:26), and to Cornelius (Acts 10:1-8).

Providing - God has used angels to provide physical needs such as food for Hagar (Genesis 21:17-20), Elijah (1 Kings 19:6), and Christ after His temptation (Matthew 4:11).

Protecting - Keeping God's people out of physical danger, as in the cases of Daniel and the lions, and his three friends in the fiery furnace (Daniel 3 and 6).

Delivering - Getting God's people out of danger once they're in it. Angels released the apostles from prison in Acts 5, and repeated the process for Peter in Acts 12.

Strengthening and encouraging - Angels strengthened Jesus after His temptation (Matt 4:11), encouraged the apostles to keep preaching after releasing them from prison (Acts 5:19-20), and told Paul that everyone on his ship would survive the impending shipwreck (Acts 27:23-25).

Answering prayer - God often uses angels as His means of answering the prayers of His people (Daniel 9:20-24; 10:10-12; Acts 12:1-17).

Caring for believers at the moment of death - In the story of Lazarus and the rich man, we read that angels carried the spirit of Lazarus to “Abraham's bosom” when he died (Luke 16:22).

I'm gonna be asking God about a person my kids and I saw, but my husband did not.

We just got done with a walk on a trail and we were heading back to our vehicle. There was a man walking towards us who looked like the old guy from Poltergeist 2. (even dressed like him, except wearing a huge cross necklace) The kids and I looked at each other as he passed us, and my husband said, "What?" He didn't see the obviously out of the norm looking character that just walked past.

I'm gonna be asking God about a person my kids and I saw, but my husband did not.

We just got done with a walk on a trail and we were heading back to our vehicle. There was a man walking towards us who looked like the old guy from Poltergeist 2. (even dressed like him, except wearing a huge cross necklace) The kids and I looked at each other as he passed us, and my husband said, "What?" He didn't see the obviously out of the norm looking character that just walked past.

At least he didn't look like the old guy in the X Files who's always smoking cigarettes. That'd be really spooky, lol!

That'd be just like the Lord too, He has a wonderful sense of humor.

Not_Now_Soon, I have had what I believe to be an angel experience. It was many years ago when my son was about 6 years old. He would take the bus to school (we owned the bus company at the time). I was lying down taking a nap one afternoon when, I heard someone whisper my name in my ear, and recite a bunch of numbers. As I had been in a state of half-awake/half-asleep I didn't think much of it, thought perhaps I had imagined it. Later, I was waiting at the bus stop, but my son didn't get off the bus. I freaked out, ran home, rang my husband who couldn't be reached, and waited for the bus to arrive back at the depot. I then rang the bus driver and asked her if she had seen my son. She told me that my son had got off on a different stop, with a friend of his. Of course, she asked him if it was okay with me (which it wasn't). Shortly after, a car pulled up and my son got out. I spoke to the boy's mother and apologised for what my son did. She was fine with it, and I asked for her phone number so that we could arrange a play date for the boys. She wrote her phone number down on a piece of paper. I didn't look at it straight away, as I was too busy scolding my son for scaring the living daylights out of me! But when I did look at the phone number, it was, you guessed it, the same number that had been whispered into my ear earlier that afternoon. Spooky stuff, maybe but 100% true!!

Wow, there's quite a few Angel testimonies up here. I figured I may as well post mine too so I dug around and found it on my hard drive.
This is, in my mind the biggest miracle that God has ever done for me. He sent an Angel to my garage sale and he over paid me to help me.

This is when I was still living in Colorado Springs CO, and I had a 4 BR house for 1000 a month. I've been self employed as a Mechanical Contractor (HVAC) since 1994. Back in the mid 90's I was doing great but the economy has been doing the big slide downhill and I found myself with less and less work, until I was 2 months behind in rent, plus, I had a utility shut off notice for Monday, for 300 dollars. This was Saturday. I had a 1-1/2 car detached garage and so was trying to make extra money by selling off all the household goods that a single man don't really care about having. But when my Wife left after 26 years...she took the gold & cash and gold, SUV and left. So I built two 4 X 8 tables out of plywood and set up in the garage for a garage sale. I had been doing this for a few weeks and on sunny weekends, I'd throw an ad on Craigslist and sit in the driveway on a couch, to sell the junk off, ya' know? Now you know how garage sales are...they don't pay the rent, lol. But it kept me fed sorta and in cigarettes, lol.

One Saturday I'm out doing the garage sale thing, and my landlord pulls up. He had my walking papers. He said Ed, I like you but I have bills too so I have to get someone in here that can pay consistently. I had been behind before some here and there, but then catch it up when a nice job comes in. I guess 2 grand was his limit. He gave me my 3 day notice and said goodbye and left. I sunk back down into the couch very discouraged. I prayed to the Lord for some help. After praying it was about dusk so I went ahead and closed it up and went back into the house. As soon as I went downstairs to my family room where my computer is and sat down, the phone rang. A man said he seen my ad on CL but could he come by after he got off work in about an hour and a half to look at my garage sale? I of course said yes. And He showed up exactly on time.

We walked out to the garage and I opened it up, and as soon as I stepped inside, He said to me, How much do you need? Now I went (tilt) because that's an odd question, so I ignored it and went into salesman mode and began telling Him about the stuff. I walked to a table, picked something up and talked about it...He didn't even look at it. He said again, how much do you need? (Tilt!). I began talking about other things and didn't answer His question. (What do you say to something like that?!). I was expecting Him to begin looking at my merchandise, but He didn't seem really all that interested. I forget what I picked up but I did and said blah blah blah, and handed it to him for him to check it out, and he took it and gave it a quick sideways glance and set it down and said, how much do you need?

And I still wasn't putting two and two together! So I ignored the question and began talking about other stuff. I handed him a couple different things but he set them back down so fast that I didn't think he was interested in the type of stuff that I had. He said again, how much do you need? (Tilt). I looked at him...and didn't get it! So he says, well how about 1900 for everything on that table over there? ...(Tilt!) (A 4X8 home made plywood table full of household knick knacks)

Now that is not how a garage sale goes. They just don't. So I couldn't answer Him. My head was spinning at this point. I looked down at the floor...then He says, well how about 2400 then? (Now I knew This was a joke, and I did want to hear the punch line, so I looked at Him and said, sure, sounds fine.)
and the punch line was...he pulled out a stack of 100 dollar bills big enough to choke a horse and counted me out 24 of them! Now I began thinking that maybe He was some kind of dealer, a flea market guy wanting to stock up or something? (I hadn't yet remembered that I had prayed for help!). But He paid me, so I asked if He would like some help loading it up into his pickup. He said, yes thank you. So I got some cardboard boxes and we began boxing stuff up. Then He reaches over and takes something out of the box that I had just put into it, and says, oh you can keep that I wont need it..that too, this too...(Tilt!) He wound up leaving about 25% of the stuff on the table that He had just paid me for! Not just the cheapest junkiest stuff, just random stuff. Some of it nice, my Wife loved to spend money.

I took a real close look at him to see if he was the type with more cash than brains...or what? He was well groomed, fit, well spoken, and drove a nicer pickup truck. Nope, He wasn't that type. My head was spinning. We finished loading up, shook hands, he smiled real big, and then drove off...I closed up the garage and went back into the house and as I was going back down the basement stairs and was feeling the wad of cash in my pocket...I said, Praise the Lord!...and then it hit me...that was an Angel come to answer my prayer! It had to be because people don't act like that!

Then I thought about my bills...2400...2 grand for the back rent...300 for the utilities, and a hundred bucks extra for groceries! Bam! Within 2 hours of praying for help. Then it all made very perfect sense to me. I needed help and prayed, He came, why He kept asking me how much I needed, all of it. There is no other answer to explain what happened. Garage salers do not come talk the price up! They talk it down, right? Right. I sat down and lost it...I cried and thanked the Lord and thanked the Lord and praised Him...!!!

Then I felt stupid for not realizing it was an Angel come to help when He was here! Entertaining Angels unawares...the Grace of the Lord...you have not because ye ask not...I knew all that! Why couldn't I see it when He was there?! I had so many questions I could have asked Him, lol! That was absolutely awesome. Praise the Lord! In retrospect I think I was being restrained from being able to realize that an Angel was there, until after he left because I probably would have started asking stupid questions.
love your God stories - thanks again

Back