Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Any music artists here?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Anyone know what I need to make a song on my own?. Like I can play the ryhtem on guitar and i want the ryhtem I play to repeat and then add a base line to it and a drum beat.

What systems do people use to do that type of thing?.

I got nothing but a acustic guitar so I cant do it. What do I need to invest in to make it happen?

Last edited:
Anyone know what I need to make a song on my own?. Like I can play the ryhtem on guitar and i want the ryhtem I play to repeat and then add a base line to it and a drum beat.
There are apps for telephones you can multitrack record with , if you have a smart phone . 10 best audio recording apps for Android
I have used a Yamaha AW16G to multitrack with .
I got nothing but a acustic guitar so I cant do it. What do I need to invest in to make it happen?
You are fine with only guitar believe it or not ! If your guitar was a pick-up you could go with a looper pedal , some have drum machines built in . Looper pedal reviews

Yeah, I would suggest a drum machine with a decent amp for starters. But that depends on how much money you want to spend. You could probably find a cheap Casio with built in speakers and drum patterns programmed into it for $50 - $75 used.

But you can also get very advanced once you start to develop as a musician; bass pedals, vocal harmonizers, guitar synthesizers, loop equipment, stuff to record entire backing tracks, etc. But it all comes with time, experience and money. I'd say start small and work your way up. I've spent big money on music equipment only to end up not using it much once my service to the Lord in ministry was done. I don't play much on my own, only when He calls me to, so if you end up like me it would pay to wade in slowly and see if it continues to be something you want to pursue, i.e. enough to start investing real money in.

I just remembered my mother's got a keyboard, I could just use a drum beat from that and see what it sounds like to start. I think it has different beats and can slow it down and speed it up and just play the ryhtem along with it on guitar. I guess that's a start. She doesn't use it so I may as well make use of it.

My mother once told me we should make a band and I said thanks but I think I'll pass. Lol. I just don't see myself in a band with my mother. I just think we got different tastes in music. She wouldn't handle me playing an electric guitar with distortion , she would complain it's too loud and I have to turn it down. Lol.

Last edited:
My mother will probably want to join me and play along with the keyboard she can't even play, and i don't want to offend her but I could just picture her trying to play and me trying to play and it would just be a complete uncoordinated mess and frustration. I just want a drum beat and to be left alone. Lol .

Very cool. Never seen a little maraca shaker like that before, or such tiny cymbals, LoL.

Where's the bagpipe sound coming from? I'm guessing the guy recording with him is throwing in a few things as well.
Ha Ha ! It is all Phil and the looper , I think the bagpipe sound maybe a backward loop .
I have seen Phil play live many times , he is amazing .
Here is another video of Phil .

My mother will probably want to join me and play along with the keyboard she can't even play, and i don't want to offend her but I could just picture her trying to play and me trying to play and it would just be a complete uncoordinated mess and frustration. I just want a drum beat and to be left alone. Lol .
I would give her a chance , she might surprise you . :rocking

I would give her a chance , she might surprise you . :rocking

Yea I don't think I could be that mean to my mother if she wanted to play along with me have to give her a chance. But because it's my band and she is joining in if I get frustrated I wil have no choice but to fire her from the band.

I don't know what's more offensive, telling my mother i dont want her in my band, or, firing her from my band.

Tell her she can "play drums," and then when she presses the button, tell her "Mom! You're the best drummer I've ever heard! Glory to God Almighty!!" And then really rock out to show her how excited you are about the whole situation. :thumb

I made a new song and I think it sound alright. It goes B minor, E major, something, something, I don't know what chords they are but it works.

I'm like a Kurt Cobain, don't know music theory or what chords I'm playing and have no meaning behind the lyrics that are just random. I guess if it works it works. Lol.

Last edited:
Its not cool man. I'm getting really frustrated trying to play a song in the key of E flat and everytime I play the Ebsus2 it sounds crooked I can't get it to sound good, when I play Csus2 and Ab, and G and Bb I can get it and it's sounds ok, it's just that's Ebsus2 that's annoying me. Its like it's purpously there to annoy me or something there is always one. Its a easy chord to play so why is it being so difficult.

Maybe it's just me getting to ahead of myself trying to be too good too quick.. I mean I don't even know what a Key is or what chords are, I just know that's the name of the ones I'm playing for the song , and if you said play a Ab chord I wouldn't even know what one that is, I don't even know where a G Bar chord is. All I know is all basic first position chords like A, B, C, D, E, F, G. and the minors. That's about all I know where is what on a guitar and what anything means.

Last edited:
Its not cool man. I'm getting really frustrated trying to play a song in the key of E flat and everytime I play the Ebsus2 it sounds crooked I can't get it to sound good, when I play Csus2 and Ab, and G and Bb I can get it and it's sounds ok, it's just that's Ebsus2 that's annoying me. Its like it's purpously there to annoy me or something there is always one. Its a easy chord to play so why is it being so difficult.
It is possible the intonation is off on your guitar . This can make some notes in a chord sound sour and out of tune . Do you have an electronic guitar tuner ?
Maybe it's just me getting to ahead of myself trying to be too good too quick.. I mean I don't even know what a Key is or what chords are, I just know that's the name of the ones I'm playing for the song , and if you said play a Ab chord I wouldn't even know what one that is, I don't even know where a G Bar chord is. All I know is all basic first position chords like A, B, C, D, E, F, G. and the minors. That's about all I know where is what on a guitar and what anything means.
Play some everyday if you can , that is the way I improved my playing .

It is possible the intonation is off on your guitar . This can make some notes in a chord sound sour and out of tune . Do you have an electronic guitar tuner ?

Play some everyday if you can , that is the way I improved my playing .

I think it's my strumming that's making it all sound crooked.

Last edited:
Back