Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Any stories of Spirits gifts of miraculous powers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Ervin

In the following 1 Corinthians 12:10

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another MIRACULOUS POWERS, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

mentions Spirits gift of miraculous powers among others. Now I am not saying that I don’t know anything about it but I was wandering are there any stories recent or from the past that mention some examples of any people who have had or have these miraculous powers and how they worked?

Thanks

All power and authority comes from God who by His grace as given those these same amazing powers as it is not us, but the empowerment of the Holy Spirit that indwells us and works through us. God is the same yesterday, today and forever and His gifts of the Spirit have never ceased within the government of His true church being the body of Christ and He being the head of the body.

I look at my own conversion back in 1997 as I like to call it my road to Damascus where Christ completely transformed me that day by His power and might as He empowered me with His Holy Spirit that I am no longer the person I use to be.

In the following 1 Corinthians 12:10

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another MIRACULOUS POWERS, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

mentions Spirits gift of miraculous powers among others. Now I am not saying that I don’t know anything about it but I was wandering are there any stories recent or from the past that mention some examples of any people who have had or have these miraculous powers and how they worked?

Thanks

I hold to the Spiritual Gifts existing today in the Body of Christ. All of them. This would be an area where I disagree with traditional Dispensationalism, though I am a Dispensationalist.

Are there stories of the miraculous power of God evidenced in the Body of Christ through the use of these gifts? Of course there are. But, these are things that can be so precious to the believer that it is almost sinful to go about and broadcast them.

Note the one who is constantly claiming God did this, God told me this, or God miraculously healed this. They become unbelievable. Their relationship to God is at the present centered on them. Not God. The miraculous stories are for the purpose of bringing attention to them, not God.

I guarantee every Christian here today has stories of the miraculous where God intervened on their behalf. It is enough that God did it and they know it. It is most likely that it is only they that can truly appreciate God's response to them.

I liken it to Paul caught up in the third heavens. "How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter." Somethings are between the Lover and the loved. The pearls to be kept as too valuable to display.

Understand I am not laying down a law. Believers do share with each other at times what God has done or is doing in their lives. But that becomes quite selective.

My opinion.

Quantrill

Back