Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

anybody believe this month(october 21,2011 ) will be the end of the world

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Harold Camping and his followers went around the world for the past year or so, saying that the beginning of the end of the world was guaranteed (by the Bible) on May 21, 2011. Camping is a radio host of a religious show called, "Open Forum," which is transmitted by "Family Radio stations," out of Oakland California. Camping caused quite a stir by using his personal interpretations of the Bible to tell the world that there was going to be "massive" earthquakes all over the earth, beginning May 21, 2011 (this year) And that the, "elect" were going to be raptured on that day.

Obviously it didn't occur, so he turned around and stated that, it did occur, only invisibly. Know he's saying the END of the earth will probably be this month (October 21, 2011) In may people quit their jobs, relationships were ruined, followers went out all over the states and other country's and handed out tracks and put up billboards saying the world was about to end. But ONLY the "elect" were going to be saved. There were reports of suicides as well. That's just a little back ground. Anybody out there "buy into this pronouncement?"

Re: Anybody believe this month (October 21, 2011) will be the end of the world ?

Naw...everyone knows the world's gonna end on December 12, 2012.

Re: Anybody believe this month (October 21, 2011) will be the end of the world ?

The world's going to end only when, and if, the Good Lord says it will.

And that depends on both yours and the Lord's definition of, "The end of the world."

I love these types of questions, because then I can just call up my astronomy program and more times than not, as in this case, the predictor is abysmally ignorant of the Hebrew calendar.

Seriously, Whatever God does will be done on the feast days specified in Leviticus 23. It already happened when he died on Passover, buried on Unleavened Bread, and arose on Firstfruits. 49 days later the Spirit came on the Jewish feast of Pentecost.

We have Trumpets, Atonement and Tabernacles to be fulfilled yet culminating in the Last Great Day (Tishri 22). Since the Israelites always used a lunar calendar, that makes those days New moon, Waxing gibbous moon, full moon or last quarter.

What is the phase of the moon October 21st? Let's check. Waning crescent, nowhere near the feasts, or the proper phase of the moon. I disproved the October 21st date in a split second.

So, it's just like I suspected. This information is coming from a jerk who is clueless---- or to put it in astronomical terms, an asteroid orifice.

Important!
Please, if you are one of the People getting raptured on 21st let me know.
I need to know where you live so that I can go for your property.
Send your Adresss here. You can still PM me :biggrin

Well if it is, at least that means I don't have to endure boot camp next month :salute

But I'm thinking I will be sadly disappointed lol

What are we waiting for? It is 21st of October today and Christ has not come? There is still time. It is not yet 23:59:59 pm. It is not yet 0:00AM of the 22nd :lol

Everyone needs something to believe in and i believe I am gonna have another glass of coke coz the world isn't ending.. Each one gets funnier than the last end of world prediction.

Everyone needs something to believe in and i believe I am gonna have another glass of coke coz the world isn't ending.. Each one gets funnier than the last end of world prediction.

:lol

:biggrin:biggrin the antichrist plays soccer and golf. its says just that in harold camping commentary bible

Life continues! No one bought it....I guess.

Well, Christ didn't come. It is Saturday. I am glad I did not squander my money. :lol

question. Is this really in the new member forum or is my screen messing up big time???

The potential that the rapture could happen this month, I considered it deeply.

The possibility it could happen on the 21st...certainly not! I know better than to believe those predictions.

question. Is this really in the new member forum or is my screen messing up big time???
this is the prophecy section its ok.

Re: Harold Camping

Maybe the mods could make "People who humiliate themselves and are a source of embarrassment to other people of the same religion section"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back