Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Anyone else want to chat about heaven and the rapture?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Christina97

I really enjoy talking with other believers about this kind of stuff. I like to imagine how it will be in heaven soon (of course my imagination will be infinitely less good than what it actually is). I'm very excited about it, I hope that I can hang out in beautiful places with various animals without fear of being attacked or any stress at all.. I want to lay in the grass with 0 worries. I also hope my animals are there. I want to swim underwater and be able to breathe underwater.. I want to fly, to eat and not get overly full or gain weight/worry about weight.. To sing and love each other and dance, no one worrying about each other judging the other.. To be with Jesus Christ forever..
What are things you'd hope to do in heaven? Do you hope for the rapture to be in your earthly lifetime? I hope so SOSOSO badly it will be in my earthly lifetime :)

I really enjoy talking with other believers about this kind of stuff. I like to imagine how it will be in heaven soon (of course my imagination will be infinitely less good than what it actually is). I'm very excited about it, I hope that I can hang out in beautiful places with various animals without fear of being attacked or any stress at all.. I want to lay in the grass with 0 worries. I also hope my animals are there. I want to swim underwater and be able to breathe underwater.. I want to fly, to eat and not get overly full or gain weight/worry about weight.. To sing and love each other and dance, no one worrying about each other judging the other.. To be with Jesus Christ forever..
What are things you'd hope to do in heaven? Do you hope for the rapture to be in your earthly lifetime? I hope so SOSOSO badly it will be in my earthly lifetime :)

Welcome to the Forum.

Heaven will be so amazing. Far beyond anything we can imagine.

The Lord loves you dearly.

JLB

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I use the word caught up since the word Rapture is not found in scripture and man misuses scripture in explaining it happens before Christ returns.

We couldn't even fathom the beauty of the New Jerusalem when Christ returns on the last day and sends His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather us up (those in the grave and alive at His coming) to meet Him in the air. In my minds eye I see it as the beauty/paradise of the Garden of Eden in where God intended man to live in for eternity.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Cor 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Cor 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Cor 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I sometimes try to imagine what heaven is like but it is beyond my imagination, I feel a tremendous joy though.
The new earth I also wonder about. It will be so peaceful and beautiful. Filled with pure love because Jrsus will be there. We will all be to see The Lotd and bow down to worship Him. Everyone's heart will be filled with love and joy. Even the animals.

the word for caught up in Latin is raptos,it means to grab hold of ,we get the word rapture,enraptured ,raptor as in the birds of the eagle ,falcon and vulture family,as they have those big talons to crab prey .

in koine greek its harpazio ,meaning is the same.

HI Christina97! Lets make it even better. For me thoughts like this are from Him. Well where do you think this desire came from? The Rapture oh praise GOD glory to Jesus always looking up ready right now. You know I think we will be going to school, work, playing, you name it and then we notice something wonderful is about to happen.. HE'S HERE...poof. This reminded me of a dream I had about 2 years ago. I am almost 60 and never had a dream about Jesus returning/rapture. In the dream there was this like clock but it was vertical and there was only seconds left.

The next part in the dream.. in all my life I have never ever been this sure. In the dream I said "Hes coming.. He is realliy coming". A knowing like I have never had in my whole life. I try to think of something that compares but. Nothing in my life. It was so real.. guess what song is playing RIGHT NOW? "Almost Home" by MercyME.. wow.. wow. It was so wonderful.. there was no doubt what so ever.. just Hes really coming.

Heaven. Yes everything you said and then "But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” We are almost home!

HI Christina97! Lets make it even better. For me thoughts like this are from Him. Well where do you think this desire came from? The Rapture oh praise GOD glory to Jesus always looking up ready right now. You know I think we will be going to school, work, playing, you name it and then we notice something wonderful is about to happen.. HE'S HERE...poof. This reminded me of a dream I had about 2 years ago. I am almost 60 and never had a dream about Jesus returning/rapture. In the dream there was this like clock but it was vertical and there was only seconds left.

The next part in the dream.. in all my life I have never ever been this sure. In the dream I said "Hes coming.. He is realliy coming". A knowing like I have never had in my whole life. I try to think of something that compares but. Nothing in my life. It was so real.. guess what song is playing RIGHT NOW? "Almost Home" by MercyME.. wow.. wow. It was so wonderful.. there was no doubt what so ever.. just Hes really coming.

Heaven. Yes everything you said and then "But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” We are almost home!
Wow!!!! That is so so cool!! I got chills just reading this, I can't wait :biggrin Thank you for sharing such encouraging words!!

My mom had a dream too that she said felt like a dream from God... in that dream she was watching herself throughout her life in the future, where several things happened (which came true in her own life later on) and the very last thing that happened in her dream, she saw the heaven roll up like a scroll and the verse 1 Thess. 4:17-18 (or it might have been 16-18, i forgot exactly what she told me) appeared in the sky.
1 Thess. 4:16-18 "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words."
She said in her dream she had dark hair still.. this was more than 20 years ago she dreamed this and she still has dark hair now. I really hope that dream means the gathering together (or rapture, whatever you wanna call it) happens in her lifetime and hopefully mine too, and yours. :)

'Forever' is a good word.

No more good byes. No more change. We will be home.

Reminds me of the Gospel tune, 'What A Day That Will Be'.

Quantrill

As I watched, this horn was waging war against the holy people and defeating them, until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the holy people of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

After the testimony is finished in Rev 11 those that refused the signs given and take joy in the death of Gods two witnesses will be deceived by the powerful delusion of the lie of the beast. Even as God pours His wrath out on them they refuse to repent and curse God. So these saints being waged war on by the beast are not new converts.

This warning was given as the church is still in the world.

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” 12This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Those days are shortened because the church is still in the world during the great tribulation.

"If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Those saints left alive on that last day when the Lord comes to defeat His enemies will be caught up and also clothed with immortality as flesh and blood can not inherit the eternal kingdom that can never be destroyed.

The battle on the great day of God Almighty.
A coming of the Lord as a thief in the night.
Those who know Him and understand what is taking place will not be surprised as they are waiting for Jesus. Those who have been deceived by the beast and worship the beast will be shocked and surprised. And the judgment they presumed on the saints will be placed upon them. Jesus will pronounce judgment in favor of the saints of the most High. Those who hold to the testimony of Jesus and obey His commands.

The bowl judgments are the last of Gods judgments and are the judgments that plunge the beasts kingdom into darkness.

REV 16:12-15
The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

15“Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

15“Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

Amen.

In those days the High Priest would sometimes check on the watchman in the middle of the night, checking to see in they were doing their job or had fallen asleep. If he found one asleep at their post he would light their clothes on fire.

The watchmen would be awakened to his clothes being on fire and have no choice but to strip them off and run home naked.

It was a shameful thing to fall asleep at their post.

JLB

Amen.

In those days the High Priest would sometimes check on the watchman in the middle of the night, checking to see in they were doing their job or had fallen asleep. If he found one asleep at their post he would light their clothes on fire.

The watchmen would be awakened to his clothes being on fire and have no choice but to strip them off and run home naked.

It was a shameful thing to fall asleep at their post.

JLB
Reminds me of the parable of the ten virgins.

Back