Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Anyone here suffer from Anxiety or Depression?

mjjcb said:
Here's a thought I had after posting my last thought.

Several years ago, I was in a very bad, deteriorating way. At about 38 years old, I started losing feeling in my hands and feet. This progressed to the point that I found it hard to walk up stairs, let alone play with my children. My doctor ruled out all kinds of diagnoses. This went on for about a year! I had CAT scans done and it looked like I had Multiple Sclerosis and my life would never be the same.

One day my doctor was studying my file for the 50th time when he saw something easily overlooked, because it seemed so basic. It turned out that I had the hereditary condition of "pernicious enemia" which only means that my body stopped having the ability to absorb B-12. I can take a bottle of B-12 pills, but they won't be absorbed. My body had barely a trace of it when he made the discovery. I started getting injections of B-12 and within days of my first shot, I was all but back to normal!! PRAISE GOD!!! For the rest of my life, I will need regular shots. My wife at times takes great joy in "sticking it to me". 18 months after I was diagnosed (when I couldn't walk up the stairs), I ran and completed my first 26 mile marathon!

I share this because my body, on a cellular level can't absorb a chemical just as some can't absorb chemicals within the brain. Their receptors are lacking the chemicals to do their job. Just because we can't see it, doesn't mean an illness isn't present and treatable. Sometimes people have a built in bias toward mental health, because they can't observe the injury or condition. Real people are hurting, and in judging medicinal therapies, we may be putting up barriers between them and healthy living.

Mike

Ya know, I did not even get past the first paragraph reading your symptoms and I thought right away "B12" before I read the next paragraph where you mentioned it. Thank God you had a physician who researched a little and swallowed the pharmaceutical pride in favor of what your body needed. After all, we don't shellac a wilting flower up just to correct it from drooping. We water it. Unfortunately, the former lame-brained philosophy is what is usually dished out.

I'm happy for you.

mjjcb said:
Here's a thought I had after posting my last thought.

Several years ago, I was in a very bad, deteriorating way. At about 38 years old, I started losing feeling in my hands and feet. This progressed to the point that I found it hard to walk up stairs, let alone play with my children. My doctor ruled out all kinds of diagnoses. This went on for about a year! I had CAT scans done and it looked like I had Multiple Sclerosis and my life would never be the same.

One day my doctor was studying my file for the 50th time when he saw something easily overlooked, because it seemed so basic. It turned out that I had the hereditary condition of "pernicious anemia" which only means that my body stopped having the ability to absorb B-12. I can take a bottle of B-12 pills, but they won't be absorbed. My body had barely a trace of it when he made the discovery. I started getting injections of B-12 and within days of my first shot, I was all but back to normal!! PRAISE GOD!!! For the rest of my life, I will need regular shots. My wife at times takes great joy in "sticking it to me". 18 months after I was diagnosed (when I couldn't walk up the stairs), I ran and completed my first 26 mile marathon!

I share this because my body, on a cellular level can't absorb a chemical just as some can't absorb chemicals within the brain. Their receptors are lacking the chemicals to do their job. Just because we can't see it, doesn't mean an illness isn't present and treatable. Sometimes people have a built in bias toward mental health, because they can't observe the injury or condition. Real people are hurting, and in judging medicinal therapies, we may be putting up barriers between them and healthy living.

Mike

Hi Mike--have you ever considered doing a thorough colon cleanse and rebuilding program? Our B vitamins are mostly manufactured and absorbed in the colon. If this organ is goo-ed up--lol--sorry--with hardened mucus and fecal matter, then that vital process of the B vitamins will not occur.

The Standard American Diet (SAD) is the basis for most of our ills in this country. High meat and animal fat intake, refines and sugary foods, too much cooked food, STRESS, etc. are BIG contributors to the disease process.

After the birth of my third child 37 years ago--I began getting painful sores in my mouth, mostly along the rim of my tongue. I felt tired and listless, thinking that the huge loss of blood during delivery had left me a bit anemic. I went back to my OB-GYN Dr. and upon examining my mouth--said, WOW--I haven't seen this since the 'old country'--he was from Syria. Of course I almost fell off the table--lol--WHAT WAS IT? Some kind of dreaded incurable disease from Syria??? lol

He immediately ordered a shot of FOLIC ACID and B vitamins and within HOURS--those sores and fatigue left me. He told me I would have to take folic acid tables the rest of my life because I lacked the 'intrinsic factor' to utilize the B's I was eating. Well--being the person I am--(boy do I wish I had had the internet back then--lol), I began to do my own investigation into this matter.

What I found out was totally different from what the good Dr. had told me. I learned that my colon flora was out of balance and that my colon needed cleaning. Well--I began taking intestinal flora (probiotics) and did a raw fruit and vegetable cleanse. Back then there were no colon hydrotherapy clinics to go to like we have to today. But my efforts paid off and I have had no problem with my B's ever since. BTW--I am a total VEGAN and have been for 14 years now.

Hope this might help you.

Linda

So I would suggest that you too look into this from a natural approach and CURE yourself. Unfortunatley, most MD's today know little about true health and how to acheieve it.

[youtube:nsw9u9li]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b30iwhEw9ho&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube:nsw9u9li]

http://psychiatricnews.blogspot.com/200 ... brain.html

http://www.anxietyguru.net/the-chemical ... -it-exist/

http://www.nowpublic.com/psychiatric_ch ... and_states

For those of you who think that I shouldn't have posted what I did concerning 'brain chemical imbalances', please understand that I post NOTHING except that I research it first. I make no arbitrary statements.
Please take a few minutes to read the above articles (and view the youtube one as well) and at least see that what I said has basis.

Also--ask yourselves this question, if you are a sufferer or know someone who suffers from anxiety or depression...were you or they ever given a TEST to determine your chemical imbalance?

When I had my anxiety attack and went to hospital (for I was sure I was dying)--not one Dr. there suggested any chemical imbalance test for me (of course they had no idea what was happening to me either--Dr.s are grossly unaware of the myriad of symptoms that accompanies an anxiety attack or the anxiety disorder state.

Since having that terrible 'state' come upon me--I have befriended MANY individuals who have either or both depression and anxiety and NOT ONE has had a blood or urine test to determine their 'brain chemistry imbalance'--NOT ONE! Don't you find that strange if in fact there is such a test that none of us have been given it?

I learned a long time ago not to trust all that the medical profession has to say. I worked in that industry for same years and I KNOW many of the fallacies they operate (no pun intended--lol) on.

So... most of these answers and videos are reassuring. We can dump the drugs down the toilet. Trust in the Lord instead to help in these cases, he will help. And oh, BTW, I was severely anxiety-ridden as a young person and then it left suddenly when I found the Lord. The doctors were amazed. And to reflect back to what I said earlier, watch the nutrition as well. The Lord expects us to feed our bodies according to his Word. And I have not gone to doctors much in the last, oh, maybe decades.

I can totally relate. When I had my very first panic attack, I really thought I was going to die. Like actually literally die. I was so scared and terrified.

If the mind is sick, it can make the body sick as well.

There are so many different things that can affect anxiety and so many side affects I really don't know what to do or think anymore. I have made myself an appointment with a naturopath and I will see what he has to say.

Rick-O-Shay said:
I can totally relate. When I had my very first panic attack, I really thought I was going to die. Like actually literally die. I was so scared and terrified.

If the mind is sick, it can make the body sick as well.

There are so many different things that can affect anxiety and so many side affects I really don't know what to do or think anymore. I have made myself an appointment with a naturopath and I will see what he has to say.

Hi Rick--have you visited the web site I posted earlier in this discussion? www.anxietycentre.com? As I said--I KNOW the Lord lead me to that site--it was literally a life saver. The message boards are great! It lets you know that all those crazy thoughts and symptoms you are experiencing are happening to others as well.

The bottom line with depression and anxiety is FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And who is the father of fear? Yep--you guessed it. He LIES to us through those closest to us. Oh--they don't mean to deceive us--because they too have been deceived and this gets passed on from generation to generation.

AnxietyCentre.com has wonderful advice and counciling aids. BTW--the naturopath will only be able to give you herbs--those might be good--but again, with anxiety--just a band-aid! You must get to the ROOT CAUSE of why or what you are AFRAID of. And this might mean help from one of the AC councilors.

I pray you will choose the right path and get TOTAL victory over this great deception--because that's what anxiety is--just a cheap deception by satan--working on our FEARS!

Rainpebble said:
Hi Mike--have you ever considered doing a thorough colon cleanse and rebuilding program? Our B vitamins are mostly manufactured and absorbed in the colon. If this organ is goo-ed up--lol--sorry--with hardened mucus and fecal matter, then that vital process of the B vitamins will not occur.

The Standard American Diet (SAD) is the basis for most of our ills in this country. High meat and animal fat intake, refines and sugary foods, too much cooked food, STRESS, etc. are BIG contributors to the disease process.

After the birth of my third child 37 years ago--I began getting painful sores in my mouth, mostly along the rim of my tongue. I felt tired and listless, thinking that the huge loss of blood during delivery had left me a bit anemic. I went back to my OB-GYN Dr. and upon examining my mouth--said, WOW--I haven't seen this since the 'old country'--he was from Syria. Of course I almost fell off the table--lol--WHAT WAS IT? Some kind of dreaded incurable disease from Syria??? lol

He immediately ordered a shot of FOLIC ACID and B vitamins and within HOURS--those sores and fatigue left me. He told me I would have to take folic acid tables the rest of my life because I lacked the 'intrinsic factor' to utilize the B's I was eating. Well--being the person I am--(boy do I wish I had had the internet back then--lol), I began to do my own investigation into this matter.

What I found out was totally different from what the good Dr. had told me. I learned that my colon flora was out of balance and that my colon needed cleaning. Well--I began taking intestinal flora (probiotics) and did a raw fruit and vegetable cleanse. Back then there were no colon hydrotherapy clinics to go to like we have to today. But my efforts paid off and I have had no problem with my B's ever since. BTW--I am a total VEGAN and have been for 14 years now.

Linda

So I would suggest that you too look into this from a natural approach and CURE yourself. Unfortunatley, most MD's today know little about true health and how to acheieve it.

I have to admit that my first reaction to your response was "My health is better than ever now. I'm 5'8"/155 pounds and I exercise nearly every day. I eat just about everything in moderation and have no problems."

But then I started thinking of your overall message about my need for B-12 shots every month. I don't have a problem doing it, but it would be nice to not have to. Is there a link you could give with information on what you're talking about?

I have to admit that I'll have to overcome a bias toward mainstream medicine. I've worked in the medical industry since graduating from college 20 years ago, just in administration, but I've been immersed in the mindset. I've always been very, very leery of alternative medicine. So, this will be a huge stretch for me.

mjjcb said:
Rainpebble said:

Linda

I have to admit that my first reaction to your response was "My health is better than ever now. I'm 5'8"/155 pounds and I exercise nearly every day. I eat just about everything in moderation and have no problems."

But then I started thinking of your overall message about my need for B-12 shots every month. I don't have a problem doing it, but it would be nice to not have to. Is there a link you could give with information on what you're talking about?

I have to admit that I'll have to overcome a bias toward mainstream medicine. I've worked in the medical industry since graduating from college 20 years ago, just in administration, but I've been immersed in the mindset. I've always been very, very leery of alternative medicine. So, this will be a huge stretch for me.

Hi mj--I understand your sckepticism of alternative medicine. Yes--there have been quacks since time in memorial. But if we are honest with ourselves--so has the traditional branch of medicine--hence malpractice insurance! lol

Here is a web site that can be helpful to you. http://www.safecoloncleanse.com/. But the most important thing to do before starting any cleanse is to educate yourself on the subject. There are literally thousands of books written on the importance of colon health. Dr.'s Norman and Morton Walkers books are awesome and can be purchased on Amazon.com. I haven't read the books on this particular web site--but I have heard of this man and feel he is spot on with his recommendation.

I am a colon hydrotherapist and I can tell you that hundreds of my clients have regained their health through colon cleansing and rebuilding. The rebuilding part of course includes a diet rich in raw fruits and vegetables, grains and nuts and seeds. NO milk or meat or refined foods. PROBIOTICS, especially in your case are absolutely essential, because it is these 'friendly flora' that cause the B's vitamins to be manufactured in the gut.

But we have to be careful which probiotics we consume, because they are all not created equal! My top choices that I personally take and recommend to my clients are, "Primal Defense" and "ProbioPlus DDS".
The reason for these is that they are formulated from soil organisms and not from slaughterhouse pigs and cows intestines!!! They are also grown on brown rice and not blood and other gross medium that the cheaper, less conscientious brands do.

PS--I'm not sure if Mark Ament from the above web site recommends colon hydrotherapy as part of the cleansing process, but I can tell you that it is absolutely imperative that you do get a series of colonics during your herbal and diet cleanse.

If you want to tell me what part of the country you live in, maybe I can help in finding a colon hydrotherapy clinic near you. BTW--both of those probiotic products can be found in your local health food store.

Hope this helps!

I am a colon hydrotherapist and I can tell you that hundreds of my clients have regained their health through colon cleansing and rebuilding. The rebuilding part of course includes a diet rich in raw fruits and vegetables, grains and nuts and seeds. NO milk or meat or refined foods. PROBIOTICS, especially in your case are absolutely essential, because it is these 'friendly flora' that cause the B's vitamins to be manufactured in the gut.

That's where I draw the line because some meat is not bad for you, neither is cholesterol, saturated fats, salt (or even sunshine they tell you to avoid). Of course I am not advocating processed meats, but I am talking theoretically meat from animals without weird diets and properly slaughtered without additives.

Fruits and vegetables and nuts, etc are OK and are part of a healthy diet, but when one thinks of it, it's mostly carbohydrates. That's why you do need some animal products. And if I had to pick the best fats, I would pick monounsaturated (like in olive oil), then saturated and polyunsaturated last (as many foods today contain vegetable oils). Indeed, we need all of them, but in the proper balance.

I don't understand how some people need colon cleansing. I am used to sitting---- normal for me is I sit 3 times a day. But there are people, particularly women, who go for a whole week (so they say). I can't imagine how that is possible considering a meal is enough to excrete waste. Imagine 21 of them! I'd be in dire pain! :D Incredible. :lol

I am not diagnosed nor have I gone to see if I have one or the other....but am pretty sure I have one or both as I have had suicidal spats growing up, low self esteem, and a lot of feelings of resentment towards myself. Anxiety too...is a very likely possibility as I worry about everything and have brought myself to the point of all out panic attacks. Then...I am probably just being over dramatic..

Back