Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Gnostic

Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

Our children deserve better than what our God religions are giving them.

We pay them many hundreds of dollars yearly.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

I think they have become harmful to our Western societies.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

I gather this is a vague rant about religion but it's all just baseless assertions.
Conclusions drawn from conjecture.

"... given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods."
Can you elaborate on that?

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

Our children deserve better than what our God religions are giving them.

We pay them many hundreds of dollars yearly.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

I think they have become harmful to our Western societies.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL
What tribes do you think we are?

I gather this is a vague rant about religion but it's all just baseless assertions.
Conclusions drawn from conjecture.

"... given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods."
Can you elaborate on that?
Secular law does not call for the stoning of unruly children or for sexual misconduct.

It also protects gays and women from religious homophobia and misogyny.

I could write a chapter of examples on this, including the genocide, Armageddon, that we are to enjoy from Jesus.

Regards
DL

Secular law does not call for the stoning of unruly children or for sexual misconduct.

It also protects gays and women from religious homophobia and misogyny.

I could write a chapter of examples on this, including the genocide, Armageddon, that we are to enjoy from Jesus.

Regards
DL

Lumping all religions together is no different than lumping all men together and concluding men suck. While it may seem a reasonable conclusion, it's a shortcut to avoid critical thinking. Perhaps a few men don't suck. Reasonable people should discuss it without taking shortcuts.

I'm sure you could write a chapter of examples atrocities but there are books of examples of the positive impact of Christianity.
I don't expect you to speak for Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, etc. So I'm not going to speak for Muslims.

The main issue you've brought up is it's a given that secular law is more moral? All laws rely on people following them. Laws shouldn't be judged by how well people follow them but their substance.
But asserting it as a given is a shortcut which ignores the subjective nature of secular laws and judges them based on their intentions.
While at the same time judging God's law based on how people violate it and ignoring one of the best rules to exist:
Treat others as you wish to be treated.
That rule is more moral than any secular rules or laws.

Lumping all religions together is no different than lumping all men together and concluding men suck. While it may seem a reasonable conclusion, it's a shortcut to avoid critical thinking. Perhaps a few men don't suck. Reasonable people should discuss it without taking shortcuts.

I'm sure you could write a chapter of examples atrocities but there are books of examples of the positive impact of Christianity.
I don't expect you to speak for Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, etc. So I'm not going to speak for Muslims.

The main issue you've brought up is it's a given that secular law is more moral? All laws rely on people following them. Laws shouldn't be judged by how well people follow them but their substance.
But asserting it as a given is a shortcut which ignores the subjective nature of secular laws and judges them based on their intentions.
While at the same time judging God's law based on how people violate it and ignoring one of the best rules to exist:
Treat others as you wish to be treated.
That rule is more moral than any secular rules or laws.
I am going by known stats that show that the less religiosity in a nation, the more peaceful and law abiding it is.

I agree with your focus on the Golden Rule.

Apply it to the homophobia and misogyny and the religions that are preaching them, and that a father must downgrade the value of his child's soul should it be born LGBTQ, and compare secular laws, and tell me again about the great laws religions preach.

Short cuts are good. Here is an old O.P that speaks to these issues akin to fasism.

All Christian and myriad of Abrahamic based cults and religions, including Islam, are slave holding ideologies, and have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions.

Both of our mainstream religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values

Is religion an ideal barometer of Western values or merely an oppressor of them? The conclusions set forth in the documentary The Theft of Our Values...

topdocumentaryfilms.com

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Moral people will agree.

Regards
DL

I am going by known stats that show that the less religiosity in a nation, the more peaceful and law abiding it is.

I agree with your focus on the Golden Rule.

Apply it to the homophobia and misogyny and the religions that are preaching them, and that a father must downgrade the value of his child's soul should it be born LGBTQ, and compare secular laws, and tell me again about the great laws religions preach.

Short cuts are good. Here is an old O.P that speaks to these issues akin to fasism.

All Christian and myriad of Abrahamic based cults and religions, including Islam, are slave holding ideologies, and have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions.

Both of our mainstream religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

The Theft of Our Values

Is religion an ideal barometer of Western values or merely an oppressor of them? The conclusions set forth in the documentary The Theft of Our Values...

topdocumentaryfilms.com

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Moral people will agree.

Regards
DL

If the stats are about countries like Norway or Sweden, I agree they are good examples of less religion being a good thing. I'm all for socialized healthcare, better incarceration laws, etc.

When you said secular law, I thought of old Russia and current China. Which are terrible examples of secular laws and how to run a country.

If I understand you correctly the inferior moral laws are all the ones the Republicans have been passing lately. Fair enough. I'm not a fan of how entangled churches have become with the Republican party. It's not healthy in the long run.

They focus on one or two issues and ignore all the corruption. Then they vote against helping people every chance they get:
"If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?" - 1 John 3:17

I don't understand the difference between Christianity and Gnostic Christianity. But it sounds like we agree treat others as we wish to be treated and love thy neighbor are good moral rules to live by.

"`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36–40

I don't understand the difference between Christianity and Gnostic Christianity.
Christianity is a supernatural based religion with a God who must be honored regardless of his satanic morals.

Gnostic Christianity is a more moral religion that will not lie about some supernatural realm and imaginary God.

Regards
DL

Christianity is a supernatural based religion with a God who must be honored regardless of his satanic morals.

Gnostic Christianity is a more moral religion that will not lie about some supernatural realm and imaginary God.

Regards
DL
Does Gnostic Christianity then reject any concept of an afterlife?

What are the differences between Gnostic Christianity and atheism?

Gnostic - on what basis do you judge what is moral and what is not?

BTW - "gnostic christianity" is a contradiction of terms.

Last edited:
Back