Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are There Any Farmers In Our Midst?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

WIP

Staff member
I have a question for you farmers out there. This year I managed to get my wheat planted quite early and so harvest came earlier than usual, Aug 1. I usually moldboard plow my wheat ground in the fall but to prevent too much regrowth afterwards, I wait until after September 10th. This year, with the earlier harvest and with the more increased rainfall events coming after harvest I have a lot of foxtail grasses and other weeds that have sprouted. In some areas it is quite thick. Although I use chemical herbicides to control weeds during crop growth, I am not in favor of using chemicals now to kill this growth. I figured it could just be plowed under in a couple weeks and be like a green manure.

I have two questions.
  1. It is getting rather thick, would it be better to take my haybine and cut it now or just wait until I plow it? I don't have any other means to cut it so I would open my haybine up and spread it wide.
  2. The grasses of course have gone right to seed. Is that seed mature enough to actually grow or will it be sterile?

Back