Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are there really more than ONE Gospel ????

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

dan p

Hi to all , and from some the feed back I see , that there are many who only see ONE GOSPEL , one message , one coming , one church , and that the church belongs to the New Covenant BEGINNING from Genesis through Revelation .

I say that it is not proveable !!!!!

I have already shown from Acts 21:21 that Pauls message to the Jew was different than what Paul taught in Eph 3:1-10 .

In Eph 2:11 we see the following ;
#1 , Gentiles are called UNCIRCUMCISION

#2 , Jews are called CIRCUMCISION

#3 , Most refuse to believe this DEFINITION even from the bible , I need to present this definition first because it already show the Difference between Law and Grace .

#4 , Then in verse 13 , we Gentiles are NOT included in the Covenants given to Israel !!!

#5 Then after Christ death , verse 13 we are made NIGH by the blood of Christ .

Let us then turn to Gal 2:7 and we will see WHO preached to who !!!

But , one the other hand , having seen that I have been entrusted with the Gospel of the Uncircumcision just as Peter ( was ) of the Circumcision .

Some will say that Paul and Peter preached the same gospel but to different groups and that is not so .

In 1 Cor 15:1_3 , we see the " good news " that Paul preached ;

#1 , Paul says , " the gospel which I preached unto you !!!

#2 , In verse 2 , this good news SAVES , Eph 2:8 .

#3 , Then in verse 3 , Paul received it from the Lord , Gal 1:11-12 .

#4 , That Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures .

#5 , And the good new that Paul preached is ; Christ Died for our sins ; Christ was Buried ; and Rose again the Third day .

#6 , this is the Gospel of the Uncircumcision .

Now what did Peter Preach ???

#1 , In Mark 16:14 , the Context is the Eleven and then they were to preach good new to every creature !!!

#2 , he that Believeth and is Baptized shall be saved !!!!

#4 , And , signs shall follow ; Cast out demons ; speak in new languages ; take up serpents ;

drink any deadly thing ; and heal the sick .

#5 , And in Luke 4:17-20 , Jesus read from the book of Isaiah and everything that He read is all Prophetic , and He stopped reading in the middle of a verse ( Isa 61:1-2 ) " to preach the acceptable year of the Lord " .

#6 , His first coming is " to confirm the Promises made to the fathers " Rom 15:8 , and to save His people , for salvation is of the Jews .

#7 , His second coming is already , some 2000 years and that is seen in Rom 11:25 , and will come back when the Fulness of the Gentiles come in .

#8 , No where do the Apostles preach the Dispensation of the Mystery that Paul preached in Eph 3:1-10 !!

Okay, so now that you've started another topic perhaps you can answer my questions to the post you made a few days ago. I will reproduce it below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

dan p said:
Hi to you , The Gospel of the Kingdom is seen in Matt 4:23 ; Matt 9:35 and in Matt 24:14 and please notice that the CONTEXT is Jewish .

The Gospel of God is found in Rom 1:1 , Gal 1:11-12 ; and 1 Tim 1:11 are just a few for Paul , the Apostle of Grace .

Are you suggesting that Jesus and Paul preached different gospels? If so does this mean that Paul cursed Christ in Galatians 1:9 when he said, "As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed"? This also begs the question, which Gospel did Paul receive? He was a Jew and he most certainly was met by Jesus in person on the road to Damascus and taught the Gospel by Christ while in Arabia. Paul was Apostle not only to the Gentiles but also the Jews (cf. "he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel" Acts 9:15), and he preached the Gospel equally, the same and only gospel (Galatians 1:9; Ephesians 2:13-18) to all, both Jew and Greek. How would you answer these questions and points?

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
Okay, so now that you've started another topic perhaps you can answer my questions to the post you made a few days ago. I will reproduce it below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

dan p said:
Hi to you , The Gospel of the Kingdom is seen in Matt 4:23 ; Matt 9:35 and in Matt 24:14 and please notice that the CONTEXT is Jewish .

The Gospel of God is found in Rom 1:1 , Gal 1:11-12 ; and 1 Tim 1:11 are just a few for Paul , the Apostle of Grace .

Are you suggesting that Jesus and Paul preached different gospels? If so does this mean that Paul cursed Christ in Galatians 1:9 when he said, "As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed"? This also begs the question, which Gospel did Paul receive? He was a Jew and he most certainly was met by Jesus in person on the road to Damascus and taught the Gospel by Christ while in Arabia. Paul was Apostle not only to the Gentiles but also the Jews (cf. "he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel" Acts 9:15), and he preached the Gospel equally, the same and only gospel (Galatians 1:9; Ephesians 2:13-18) to all, both Jew and Greek. How would you answer these questions and points?

~Josh

Hi shark , and it is to late today and I will give to you Gal 1:9 on Wedneday .

dan p said:

That's ok, but just for the record I would appreciate it if you gave a point-by-point answer to my various questions and points (and not just Gal 1:9), because they all go together. Oh, and feel free to call me Josh. :)

cybershark5886 said:
dan p said:

That's ok, but just for the record I would appreciate it if you gave a point-by-point answer to my various questions and points (and not just Gal 1:9), because they all go together. Oh, and feel free to call me Josh. :)

Hi shark , why not give a list right here, and I will write them down , so I WILL NOT FORGET , PLEASE , remember I am old guy . dan p

cybershark5886 said:

~Josh

dan p said:
cybershark5886 said:
[quote="dan p":2tcel75d] Hi shark , and it is to late today and I will give to you Gal 1:9 on Wedneday .

Hi shark , why not give a list right here, and I will write them down , so I WILL NOT FORGET , PLEASE , remember I am old guy . dan p[/quote:2tcel75d]

Its nothing fancy or additional, just the paragraph I wrote above, and the one westtexas reposted/quoted. As long as you read what I wrote you shouldn't have a problem addressing it. If you maybe miss something I'll just bring it up again. Thanks.

dan p said:
Hi to all , and from some the feed back I see , that there are many who only see ONE GOSPEL , one message , one coming , one church , and that the church belongs to the New Covenant BEGINNING from Genesis through Revelation .

I say that it is not proveable !!!!!

I have already shown from Acts 21:21 that Pauls message to the Jew was different than what Paul taught in Eph 3:1-10 .

In Eph 2:11 we see the following ;
#1 , Gentiles are called UNCIRCUMCISION

#2 , Jews are called CIRCUMCISION

#3 , Most refuse to believe this DEFINITION even from the bible , I need to present this definition first because it already show the Difference between Law and Grace .

#4 , Then in verse 13 , we Gentiles are NOT included in the Covenants given to Israel !!!

#5 Then after Christ death , verse 13 we are made NIGH by the blood of Christ .

Let us then turn to Gal 2:7 and we will see WHO preached to who !!!

But , one the other hand , having seen that I have been entrusted with the Gospel of the Uncircumcision just as Peter ( was ) of the Circumcision .

Some will say that Paul and Peter preached the same gospel but to different groups and that is not so .

#5 , And the good new that Paul preached is ; Christ Died for our sins ; Christ was Buried ; and Rose again the Third day .

Now what did Peter Preach ???

#1 , In Mark 16:14 , the Context is the Eleven and then they were to preach good new to every creature !!!

#2 , he that Believeth and is Baptized shall be saved !!!!

#4 , And , signs shall follow ; Cast out demons ; speak in new languages ; take up serpents ;

drink any deadly thing ; and heal the sick .

#5 , And in Luke 4:17-20 , Jesus read from the book of Isaiah and everything that He read is all Prophetic , and He stopped reading in the middle of a verse ( Isa 61:1-2 ) " to preach the acceptable year of the Lord " .

#6 , His first coming is " to confirm the Promises made to the fathers " Rom 15:8 , and to save His people , for salvation is of the Jews .

#7 , His second coming is already , some 2000 years and that is seen in Rom 11:25 , and will come back when the Fulness of the Gentiles come in .

#8 , No where do the Apostles preach the Dispensation of the Mystery that Paul preached in Eph 3:1-10 !!

Was Paul's gospel different than this?

Acts 15
7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

Or this:

Matt 28
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Hi to all , and I need to show 2 more gospel that are in Galatians and in Revelation .

1) In Gal 3:8 , we see another gospel ( good news ) that was preached to Abram , and this gospel is that " in thee shall ALL Nations be blessed . As to when this happens , there is much controversy , and I hold to the view that it happens in the Millennium .

2) The other gospel is found in Rev 14:6-7 . It is called " the everlasting gospel " and this gospel , in verse 7 , a gosprl of " judgment " . And this everlasting gospel only happens in the Tribulation .

3) So , that means that there is at least 4 Gospels

dan p said:
Hi to all , and I need to show 2 more gospel that are in Galatians and in Revelation .

1) In Gal 3:8 , we see another gospel ( good news ) that was preached to Abram , and this gospel is that " in thee shall ALL Nations be blessed . As to when this happens , there is much controversy , and I hold to the view that it happens in the Millennium .

2) The other gospel is found in Rev 14:6-7 . It is called " the everlasting gospel " and this gospel , in verse 7 , a gosprl of " judgment " . And this everlasting gospel only happens in the Tribulation .

So are you just calling every truth in the Bible the gospel?
If that's the case, there are a lot more than four.

dan p said:

The gospel that Paul preached is, as correctly stated: Christ died for our sins, Christ was buried, and rose again on the third day, and that this good news saves us.

Now Peter preached:

Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers and elders of the people, 9if we are on trial today for a benefit done to a sick man, as to how this man has been made well, 10let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead--by this name this man stands here before you in good health.
11"He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone. 12"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Peter also preached:
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

glorydaz said:
dan p said:

Hi , and you are correct , for there are 2 more !!!

#5 , The birth of John the Baptist , and this is spoken by an angel as recorded in Luke 1:19 . This Greek word used is EUAGGELIZO , a verb , and meaning " to preach the gospel " . The message was good new to Elizabeth .

#6 , The Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ , and this is spoken by an angel , also recorded in Luke 2:10 . This Greek word is EUAGGELIZO , " to preach the Gospel " .

Here is the one gospel:

The Word Became Flesh
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

There is clearly but one gospel, that we are saved by grace through faith in our Lord. No-one is saved via any other way.

handy said:
There is clearly but one gospel, that we are saved by grace through faith in our Lord. No-one is saved via any other way.

Hi Handy , you know that I will disagree , but I will not look for a response since you said you will not . But consider this , which I have posted on many forums , How were they saved in the Old Testament , since Jesus had not yet died ????? I have more , but it deserves a separate post , so have a nice day , dan p

dan p said:
handy said:

Hi Handy , you know that I will disagree , but I will not look for a response since you said you will not . But consider this , which I have posted on many forums , How were they saved in the Old Testament , since Jesus had not yet died ????? I have more , but it deserves a separate post , so have a nice day , dan p
As Handy has stated they were saved through faith.
Heb.11:4--By faith Abel
Heb.11:5--By faith Enoch
Heb.11:7--By faith Noah
Heb.11:8--By faith Abraham
Heb.11:11--By faith Sarah
Heb. 11:13-16----These all died in faith.........Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. (NKJV)

Westtexas

Okay dan p. I'll try to make this easy for you and turn my earlier post into numbered points & questions as you do. I hope then you will answer them. :)

#1 Are you suggesting that Jesus and Paul preached different gospels? (I think you answered yes to this)

#2 If so does this mean that Paul cursed Christ in Galatians 1:9 when he said, "As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed"? (This is my most important question)

#3 This also begs the question, which Gospel did Paul receive? He was a Jew and he most certainly was met by Jesus in person on the road to Damascus and taught the Gospel by Christ while in Arabia. So then, according to your approach, it would seem that Paul received a different Gospel (the one from Jesus given to the Jews) than the one he himself preached!

#4 Also realize that Paul was Apostle not only to the Gentiles but also the Jews (cf. "he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel" Acts 9:15), and he preached the Gospel equally, the same and only gospel (Galatians 1:9; Ephesians 2:13-18) to all, both Jew and Greek. Therefore his Gospel that was given to the Jews cannot be different from Jesus' Gospel to the Jews lest he contradict Jesus' Gospel to Israel!

How would you answer these questions and points? Please answer each of them. Thanks!

dan p said:
glorydaz said:

Hi , and you are correct , for there are 2 more !!!

#5 , The birth of John the Baptist , and this is spoken by an angel as recorded in Luke 1:19 . This Greek word used is EUAGGELIZO , a verb , and meaning " to preach the gospel " . The message was good new to Elizabeth .

#6 , The Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ , and this is spoken by an angel , also recorded in Luke 2:10 . This Greek word is EUAGGELIZO , " to preach the Gospel " .

There are five fingers on your right hand....but just one right hand.
You are picking apart the one gospel and calling it many.

There is saving faith, the faith, living faith and personal faith.
There is one God...God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
There is grace...preparing grace, protecting grace, sufficient grace, all grace, justifying grace...and on and on. There are different aspects of the gospel...the same gospel and yet you call them different. :shrug
Eph. 4:4-6 said:
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Back