Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are we to hate or love?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have to ask anyone who claims to be a christian how they can justify their actions in regards to these topics.

1. Why is there so much hate towards muslims? Is this what Jesus taught?
2. Why is there so much hate towards homosexuals? Is this what Jesus taught?
3. Why are those who don't believe in certain doctrines worshipping a different 'God'?
4. Why aren't we striving for harmony, peace, and love like Jesus taught.
5. If we can believe God love's us unconditionally even though we sin why do we keep Him to ourselves because others sin?
6. If we are so quick to separate ourselves from the 'sin' of the world why don't we separate ourselves from the 'sin' in christianity?

Sorry if I sound harsh here but I get extremely pissed off every time I venture through the current events section at the amount of hatred present of those claiming to be christians.

Please note this isn't to start discord but to hopefully start awareness of our actions. I will be civil and I ask anyone who posts to be civil as well. Thank you

seekandlisten said:
I have to ask anyone who claims to be a christian how they can justify their actions in regards to these topics.

That's more an American thing than a Christian thing.

Mind you, homosexuality is condemned in the Bible.

3. Why are those who don't believe in certain doctrines worshipping a different 'God'?

Even if you try to worship the same 'God', if you don't worship him in the good Christian way, then you are doing it wrong, and it's unacceptable to him. So you may as well be worshipping a different God for all your efforts are in his eyes.

Because Jesus came to bring a sword. We are at war with the immortality of this world.

5. If we can believe God love's us unconditionally even though we sin why do we keep Him to ourselves because others sin?

Well, I don't know about some people, but most Christians I know don't keep Him to themselves.

6. If we are so quick to separate ourselves from the 'sin' of the world why don't we separate ourselves from the 'sin' in christianity?

What 'sin' in Christianity do you mean?

give me an example of hatred toward muslims, recenlty, mind you we had two on this forum who were muslims by birth, and made some of those that post that politically incorrect look nice.
look for gabe and saniturium, gabe was a moderator a few months ago but he left to focus on running wiki-islam

i have no hatred toward muslims, but as a jew who has been subjected to hatred by some american muslims(noi) i will call it as i see it.

are all muslims full of hate, no, but read the koran itself and then tell me what it says. then look around to some of the muslims actions.

gabe pointed this out to me and others.
i have been in afghanistan and have helped the local muslims that worked for me, and i know that some are ok, shoot one of the workers i had under me cried when i left, i helped him alot.

Sound Silence said:
seekandlisten said:

That's more an American thing than a Christian thing.

It shouldn't even be an issue in christianity! We are to love our neighbor aren't we, not pass judgement on them?

Sound Silence said:

Mind you, homosexuality is condemned in the Bible.

Is it condemned or is it just a sin? Is it any different then stealing, lying, cheating, envy, greed, pride, etc.? Why is it singled out, and then taken to extremes of hanging outside of gay bars and telling them that they are going to burn in hell if they don't change their ways?

Sound Silence said:

Even if you try to worship the same 'God', if you don't worship him in the good Christian way, then you are doing it wrong, and it's unacceptable to him. So you may as well be worshipping a different God for all your efforts are in his eyes.

Why must it be the christian way alone? Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Kabbalah, Monastic, Sufism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Zen, and Sikhism are all related in some form. Why must the only truth be contained in Christianity?

Sound Silence said:

Because Jesus came to bring a sword. We are at war with the immortality of this world.

While I agree with your point I still don't think that gives us an excuse to not try and live at peace with our neighbors.

Sound Silence said:

Well, I don't know about some people, but most Christians I know don't keep Him to themselves.

See above, isn't this what has happened by saying Christianity is the only way? Jesus is the only way isn't he?

Sound Silence said:

What 'sin' in Christianity do you mean?

Sorry if this is a generalization but most Christians are quick to point out 'immoral sins' of the 'world' and preach how we must separate ourselves from them. Yet, when you point out Christians that go to extremes, they are simply written off as not being real Christians it begs the question, what is a Christian really? (I don't mean the obvious followers of Christ answer either.)

jasoncran said:
give me an example of hatred toward muslims, recenlty, mind you we had two on this forum who were muslims by birth, and made some of those that post that politically incorrect look nice.
look for gabe and saniturium, gabe was a moderator a few months ago but he left to focus on running wiki-islam

i have no hatred toward muslims, but as a jew who has been subjected to hatred by some american muslims(noi) i will call it as i see it.

are all muslims full of hate, no, but read the koran itself and then tell me what it says. then look around to some of the muslims actions.

gabe pointed this out to me and others.
i have been in afghanistan and have helped the local muslims that worked for me, and i know that some are ok, shoot one of the workers i had under me cried when i left, i helped him alot.

I would actually like to meet a muslim and discuss their beliefs. I have only read into it. I see hatred all over christian forums directed towards muslims and their beliefs. Judgement being passed and lumping them all in with the crazy ones. If Christianity can't be judged by its crazy ones then I don't think Muslims should be judged on their crazy ones.

seekandlisten said:

Sorry if I sound harsh here but I get extremely pissed off every time I venture through the current events section at the amount of hatred present of those claiming to be christians.

Please note this isn't to start discord but to hopefully start awareness of our actions. I will be civil and I ask anyone who posts to be civil as well. Thank you

I'm afraid your definition of hate and mine are very different. :salute

seekandlisten said:
It shouldn't even be an issue in christianity! We are to love our neighbor aren't we, not pass judgement on them?

Well,there's a vast gulf between "should" and "is".

Is it condemned or is it just a sin? Is it any different then stealing, lying, cheating, envy, greed, pride, etc.? Why is it singled out, and then taken to extremes of hanging outside of gay bars and telling them that they are going to burn in hell if they don't change their ways?

Condemned or just a sin? All sin is condemned. As to why our society singles it out? Well, because it's "weird" and people or more likely to freak out about sexuality than other stuff. That's why all the other stuff is glossed over, people don't treat it as obsessively.

Why must it be the christian way alone? Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Kabbalah, Monastic, Sufism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Zen, and Sikhism are all related in some form. Why must the only truth be contained in Christianity?

Because only Christianity offers the truth, i.e. salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. There's more to truth aside from morals and believing in God. Jesus said, "No one comes to the father but by me". That's why only Christianity is acceptable to God.

While I agree with your point I still don't think that gives us an excuse to not try and live at peace with our neighbors.

No, but the fact that we should show compassion does not give us an excuse to tolerate wickedness.

See above, isn't this what has happened by saying Christianity is the only way? Jesus is the only way isn't he?

What? No. Jesus is the only way, hence why we are told to share the message of Christ with others. It's not our fault if they reject it when we share it with them.

Sorry if this is a generalization but most Christians are quick to point out 'immoral sins' of the 'world' and preach how we must separate ourselves from them. Yet, when you point out Christians that go to extremes, they are simply written off as not being real Christians it begs the question, what is a Christian really? (I don't mean the obvious followers of Christ answer either.)

Real Christians follow the doctrine of the Bible. They don't march around saying "God hates fags", they don't bomb abortion clinics, they love their neighbors as themselves, when they sin they confess it, etc.
I agree Christians do an extremely poor job of policing themselves, but there you are.

Real Christians follow the doctrine of the Bible. They don't march around saying "God hates fags", they don't bomb abortion clinics, they love their neighbors as themselves, when they sin they confess it, etc.
I agree Christians do an extremely poor job of policing themselves, but there you are.

:thumb

Hour to hour and day to day christians are still humans.

Back