Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Arguments for/against premillennialism?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Because the Torah is the foundation upon which the “New†Covenant stands. Without the “Old†there is no basis for the “New.â€

Just because we presently do not have the Altar does not mean the law went away. It has always been there, just as the Lord has promised us.

I agree that no one knows the exact details of the 1,000 year millennium of Rev 20:4-6, but the Bible is FULL of descriptions of that soon-coming Age. Here are only two:

1- Zech 14 describes what will happen immediately after the Tribulation. In Vs 12-15 shows THE Day of Judgment that Hebrews have been “practicing†since Mt. Sinai = it is called “Rosh Hashanah†which means “Day of Judgment†(it is also known as the "Feast of Trumpets") and it falls in the Aug/Sept months of our calendar. 2 weeks later, we “practice†being in the Kingdom when we observe “Sukkot “ (The Feast of Tabernacles.â€) Then, Vs 16-21 tell us not only will we observe the Feast of Tabernacles then, but also “year after year.â€

2- The most detailed account of the Kingdom is given to us in the last 8 chapters of Ezekiel, where he measures a HUGE Jerusalem and a HUGE Temple in which we WILL worship the Lord just as He told us how He wants to be worshiped… at the Altar.

John 5:45-47 Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you--Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Grace has always been present.... even in the Torah. But you are tripped up over the subject of sacrifices because you think they are only for sin. But, there are 13 different sacrifices, and only 2 of those deal with sin. And in both cases, the sacrifices only cover UN-intentional sin, meaning a sin of omission or mistake.

The Trespass Offering (Lev 4:27-6:7) is for the common person like you and me.

The Guilt Offering (Lev 4:1-26) is strictly for the anointed priest, a leader, or a sin committed by the whole congregation. (Sometimes translations reverse the names of the Sacrifices.)

THERE IS NO SACRIFICE THAT COVERS INTENTIONAL SIN. The penalty for intentional sin is DEATH. It is THIS penalty of death that the Lamb of God Sacrifice covers. He has passed us from that penalty of death, and brought us into life.

legalists.

so christ blood cant cover all sins? why then did he die for your sins? why then paul or the writer of hebrews say the law and arronic priesthood couldnt save you nor cleanse you? it was never meant to but to point us to the lord then and now. both covenants force one to the mercy of god.

that said. did paul in his day attend the temple to get his sins of ommission forgiven or just made his personal confession to christ. john clears that up. if any man sins he has a propatation the man christ jesus.. hmm jesus cleanses us from all sins. sorry the torah isnt mean for the gentiles. its mean for the hebrews only. the torah was written to show the world what isreal was to do and later in the tanach where they failed and why exactly the messiah had to come.

Please take this to PM...Per ToS.. reba

Any personal problems with another member, then deal with it through private messages. No harassing members via PM. No public posting of PMs. Publicly announcing who is on a member's Ignore list is prohibited.
Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defence of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quote in support of premillennialism:

"Let the careful reader answer the following question, and he will see how eminently consistent with fact is our doctrinal position. How could John, under Divine guidance, well knowing the Jewish views that were current (which our opponents fully admit as we have shown), pen down the portraiture of a Messianic reign (Rev. 20:1-6 and 11:15-18), which in its plain grammatical sense corresponds so accurately with the prevailing Jewish opinions, unless such a sense contains the truth? God would not, could not, take the dearest cherished Messianic hopes and parade them in such an expressed sense to deceive believers, when He intended a different sense to be placed upon the words. God does not undertake that which, if perpetrated by a man, we would unhesitatingly denounce as dishonest, disreputable, and cruel." -- George N.H. Peters, The Theocratic Kingdom, vol.1, p.466
Its much less complicated if we adhere to Pauls definition of that kingdom, which is thoroughly derived from the OT ,delivered in Apotolic office and ,like it or not, is completely spiritual.

Carnal believers prefer a visible kingdom with pop and circumstance rergardless of the idiocy required.

that ruins the fun for them.while i do see a millenium possible but since i cant find the source on what the ecf taught on that i wont post what i think on that version. at least not until i read what they said and digest it.

I am premil because of the testimony in REV 20. I only believe in a saints gathering at the 2nd coming. (From the ends of the heavens) Those alive on that last day will be caught up and changed to be with the Lord forever. Those that the world called dead will rise first and will be coming back with the Lord to reign on earth.

That day will be the beginning of the 1000 years period in the Lords eternal Kingdom. I believe those that were outside the faith and were not killed in the great battle of God almighty and were not killed by the judgments of God will be judged but not immediately killed. The great throne judgment is 1000 years away from that day. Those people will be the nations ruled over by those who held to the testimony of Jesus. (The body of Christ) Only the body of Christ will be like the angels of God with new bodies and no more marriage or having children.

To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—

27 ‘He will rule them with an iron scepter;
he will dash them to pieces like pottery’—
just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give him the morning star. 29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Back