Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Asked and ANSWERED! Don't tell me the age of miracles is over!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Paul1965

God has done so much to enrich my life already, I feel kind of greedy asking Him for His help again. However I was left with no choice 3 days ago.

This will be a long post so please bear with me and if it goes outside forum guidelines, I ask that the moderators split it into two at an appropriate length and please accept my apologies.

Eli our 6 month old son had had a very bad cold and chest infection for about 5 days. When I say bad I mean really bad. Great chunks of mucus blocking his nose and a very watery cough. There was no sign of it letting up despite countless medications the 2 different doctors had prescribed for him and we had planned on taking him to the nearest hospital (60km away) the following morning.
I was sitting there with Eli to give Thayanee a break and let her get some sleep.
I don't mind admitting I was very distraught to see my little bloke so sick, especially after his illness at birth.

I thought about my faith in Jesus and that maybe if I prayed hard enough, Eli would be ok.
Before anyone questions me, Yes I thought to myself "Paul are you really asking for Eli's sake or to test God / your faith" The answer to that was a no brainer once I looked down at the poor little guy with his snotty and puffy nose and a rotten fever.

Once I was certain of that, I placed my hand on top of Eli's head and prayed. Now i don't know why i put my hand on his head, it may be just a psychosomatic thing from watching tv, or it could be because I ruffle his hair in the morning before going to work if he's awake. Anyway, that's what I did and it felt right.
Then I prayed asking that God in His son's name would spare Eli his illness even if passing it on to me (I was just getting over the flu myself). I even went so far as to tell God if it killed me that was an acceptable price to pay for Eli's well being, which isn't something I take lightly as I really want to see my boy grow into a good man.
I can't remember if it was two or three times I asked. However when I was finished, Eli was calmer than he had been and actually felt cooler.
Not long after, Thayanee came back from her dinner and shower and I just blurted out "Eli's fine, in the morning he wont be sick at all" It just popped straight out of my mouth.
She looked at me as if I was a bit daft until I told her I "waied prajow Krist" (Thai for prayed to Christ or prayed to Christian God)
When she heard that she went and checked Eli and the look on her face told me that I wasn't imagining the temperature drop. She went very quiet and just laid down with Eli. (unusual for a Thai female when there's a crisis..I'm not being disrespectful or sarcastic, just telling it like it is)

The next morning I was awestruck. I woke up to the sound of Eli giggling that sort of laugh thing baby's do before they learn to laugh properly. He was cooing and what not without a care in the world.
The snuffy, blocked and snotty nose was gone, the fever hadn't returned and the rattling cough was all but gone too.
Thayanee was all smiles and asked me to "Thank your god from me" (This is a huge step forward to her conversion I hope)
I definitely thanked God..I don't know how many times.
By the time I got home from work, the rattling in his chest had gone and the cough wasn't anywhere to be heard. Absolutely nothing! PRAISE GOD IN THE HIGHEST!!
Even my mother in law who laughs at my faith in Christ (she prays to a tree among other objects...yes, really) was struck dumb by it.

As for me yes my flu has returned with a bit of a vengeance, but is a small price to pay for Eli's well being.

Now I know some will say it was the meds finally kicking in. If that is the case, why was there absolutely no improvement and in fact a worsening of Eli's condition right up until I prayed and not 18 hours later ALLL symptoms were gone? If there's a medication that does that, I'd like to know what it is for myself, because I'm not going to ask Him to cure me after giving Him my word.

continued>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Brother Paul, I so enjoyed your testimony, and the bit of insight to your family. God is so good to us and I sure want to praise Him with you this morning for healing your son. :clap

I do want to say I love you before God takes you in exchange for allowing your son to live. I'll paste your thoughts here: "I even went so far as to tell God if it killed me that was an acceptable price to pay for Eli's well being." Goodbye my brother - ลาพี่ชายของฉัน. :missyou I'll see you again in heaven.

We serve an awesome God. The Lord who heals.

I believe that the Lord healed your son. This healing glorified the Lord in so many ways. I see it as being just like the healings in the Bible.
It was an answer to a prayer of a faithful one and a witness to the power of our Lord to the unsaved ones.

Thank you everyone.
Eugene, can you read / write Thai? I'm hopeful that it is God's will that I am here to serve Him for a while longer yet (plans in progress) and the flu will go away. I am a little better this morning. That being said, I really believe in HIS WILL be done.

Also re the "continued>>>>>>>>>>" I got an error message last night and couldn't log in to finish the second part which was simply this

Some will say the freshening up of my flu is a coincidence due to the abnormally cold weather here (coldest cold season in 30 years).I'll grant that under normal circumstances that well may be the case. However, due to the healing of Eli I really don't think so.

It wasn't the medication finally kicking in, Paul ... it was definitely our Lord answering your prayers for your son. Your hands were guided to Eli's head during your prayer session. Amen!

Your health & well-being are in my prayers, Paul. Please keep us updated!

Thank you everyone.
Eugene, can you read / write Thai? I'm hopeful that it is God's will that I am here to serve Him for a while longer yet (plans in progress) and the flu will go away. I am a little better this morning. That being said, I really believe in HIS WILL be done.

Also re the "continued>>>>>>>>>>" I got an error message last night and couldn't log in to finish the second part which was simply this

Some will say the freshening up of my flu is a coincidence due to the abnormally cold weather here (coldest cold season in 30 years).I'll grant that under normal circumstances that well may be the case. However, due to the healing of Eli I really don't think so.
Brother Paul, were it to come to getting your comeuppance, I would pray for our Father to add the years of Hezekiah, and He gives grace to the humble that would offer himself for another.

2Ki 20:6 And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

I don’t speak Thai, but use the Google translator. Got your attention huh? :)
http://translate.google.com/#en|es|

Just an update, Eli is absolutely fine, and my symptoms have diminished to almost nothing during the course of the day! And I haven't taken any meds for 3 days! I can smell and taste food again with no fever!

คุณยังไม่ได้ไปทุกที่พอล บุตรชายของท่านได้รับการเยียวยาและจะต้องให้คุณ เมล็ดพันธุ์ที่ได้รับการปลูกภายในภรรยาของคุณในเรื่องนี้เป็นเมล็ดพันธุ์ที่ดีต่อสุขภาพขนาดใหญ่มาก คุณมีงานที่ต้องทำยังมี ผมรู้สึกว่าในจิตวิญญาณของฉันเป็นฉันอ่านคำเบิกความของคุณ สรรเสริญและศักดิ์ศรีให้กับพระเจ้าที่ยอดเยี่ยมของเราในการรักษาลูกชายของคุณ

ฉันรักที่ google แปล :yes

คุณยังไม่ได้ไปทุกที่พอล บุตรชายของท่านได้รับการเยียวยาและจะต้องให้คุณ เมล็ดพันธุ์ที่ได้รับการปลูกภายในภรรยาของคุณในเรื่องนี้เป็นเมล็ดพันธุ์ที่ดีต่อสุขภาพขนาดใหญ่มาก คุณมีงานที่ต้องทำยังมี ผมรู้สึกว่าในจิตวิญญาณของฉันเป็นฉันอ่านคำเบิกความของคุณ สรรเสริญและศักดิ์ศรีให้กับพระเจ้าที่ยอดเยี่ยมของเราในการรักษาลูกชายของคุณ

ฉันรักที่ google แปล :yes
:amen

Thank you Edward, Air Dancer, everyone! An awesome God is an understatement.

Khun Edward laego Khun Eugene, ta, khun ruk googon pae phaya yaam babylon.com krup. Pben dee kwar googon maak maak krup. mai mi kwaam phit yur yur krup. chan mai chop googon pae krup jing jing :)

Thank you Edward, Air Dancer, everyone! An awesome God is an understatement.

Khun Edward laego Khun Eugene, ta, khun ruk googon pae phaya yaam babylon.com krup. Pben dee kwar googon maak maak krup. mai mi kwaam phit yur yur krup. chan mai chop googon pae krup jing jing :)

Uh-oh...Google Translate must not have had it's coffee yet this morning. It could not or would not detect the language or translate that for me.

If the Lord will give Daniel a dream and it's interpretation for a dream that was never given to Daniel by the man in the first place, then surely God will give me what you said to me and Eugene, and an answer for you also. I go to prayer to ask for this, and will return shortly...

Ok I prayed but then it jumped off the page and I seen the Babylon.com. That is a translator too. I tried to use it awhile back and had some sort of difficulty with it so deleted it and then found Google Translate. I just realized this so I don't think it was given by the Lord, I am not taking glory away from God, just wanting to not say I was given something by the Lord when it was probably just my own mind! He does give me much and I honor and praise Him very much. So it makes sense to me that what you said is something along the lines of:

"Thanks Edward, Thanks Eugene, You can go to get translation at the Babylon.com site.I think translations are good through that site. Go check out and download it from that site. I do all my translations through that site." :)

Or something to that effect.

So to reply, thank you brother Paul. It has been awhile since I tried to use Babylon. I have a different computer now, and they have had a chance to work the bugs out of their stuff, so I will go there and try it again. Be blessed Brother!

Last edited:
Uh-oh...Google Translate must not have had it's coffee yet this morning. It could not or would not detect the language or translate that for me.

If the Lord will give Daniel a dream and it's interpretation for a dream that was never given to Daniel by the man in the first place, then surely God will give me what you said to me and Eugene, and an answer for you also. I go to prayer to ask for this, and will return shortly...

Ok I prayed but then it jumped off the page and I seen the Babylon.com. That is a translator too. I tried to use it awhile back and had some sort of difficulty with it so deleted it and then found Google Translate. I just realized this so I don't think it was given by the Lord, I am not taking glory away from God, just wanting to not say I was given something by the Lord when it was probably just my own mind! He does give me much and I honor and praise Him very much. So it makes sense to me that what you said is something along the lines of:

"Thanks Edward, Thanks Eugene, You can go to get translation at the Babylon.com site.I think translations are good through that site. Go check out and download it from that site. I do all my translations through that site." :)

Or something to that effect.

So to reply, thank you brother Paul. It has been awhile since I tried to use Babylon. I have a different computer now, and they have had a chance to work the bugs out of their stuff, so I will go there and try it again. Be blessed Brother!
In checking that site, the following information is issued by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_(software) , and on a search there are other complaints. I don't use a translator enough to suffer the headaches. :)

Babylon's translation software will attempt to hijack the user's system by adding the Babylon Toolbar, which has been widely identified as a browser hijacker.[3][4] The toolbar also comes bundled as an add-on with other software downloads.[5] It changes browser preferences such as the user's home page and search engine, changes that can be very difficult to reverse.[6][7]

Yes, that is what happened to me before I remember now that you mention it. I always do a custom install so that I can deny the add ons and changing of my search engine settings and to mot have all the new toolbars and stuff...But! Many times they still slip the stuff in there regardless I have found. Babylon was hard for me to get rid of before.
How's your experience with Babylon, Paul?

I do not use translators much either (though my use is rising somewhat). Nevertheless, GoogleTranslate has always been great for me. Nothing to download, a wide selection of languages, and even a setting for detect language.

Edward, you were pretty well right! :)
I actually dislike Google translate as it throws up to many errors when using Thai-English or English-Thai.
The kids at school sometimes try to use it for their homework and then when I mark their work for them, they argue telling me "It's Google translate, you're wrong teacher Paul"...example :Verb to be in the past tense as Thai doesn't have a past tense as such..so Google just inserts what it thinks is right.
Babylon is a lot more accurate and for larger jobs or certified translations, you can pay for a live translator who actually speaks the parent language.
Eugene Re: the "hijacking" The tool bar is for people who need translation on a regular basis. As Edward has said, when installing it, check custom install, then un-check the toolbar. If you just want a one off translation , don't install anything, just go to their site and do it online.....

Wikipedia isn't my first choice for business info either because opposition corporations pay writers to edit it in favour of their own business interests and to smear other companies. I KNOW, because as a freelance writer I have been asked to do it by clients. One of the more recent ones has been host gator paying freelancers to post very negative reviews of opposition hosting companies on various tech forums and "top" sites. Unscrupulous to the "nth" degree....no I didn't...I reported it. I've also heard of some companies setting up a page about their opposition designed purely to discredit that other business.

Anyway, speaking of freelancing, gotta go...deadlines...
Blessing to all

Paul1965:...Edward, you were pretty well right! :)
I actually dislike Google translate as it throws up to many errors when using Thai-English or English-Thai.
The kids at school sometimes try to use it for their homework and then when I mark their work for them, they argue telling me "It's Google translate, you're wrong teacher Paul"...example :Verb to be in the past tense as Thai doesn't have a past tense as such..so Google just inserts what it thinks is right.

Thank you. I looked close at the sentence structure and the words that were repeated and the site .com was a big clue also so it made sense.
I've been using GoogleTranslate for quite awhile and you're right about how it will be wrong much of the time. It may not be totally Google's fault with the program. Different languages are different in the way grammar is used and the way they speak. Google may auto correct or substitute words to try to translate it, but Google can only be as good as the man which wrote the code and may not consider language dynamics. I use it to translate Polish quite a bit for instance. Loosely speaking, Polish speaks almost backwards from the way we do. When Google substitutes words it also sometimes add words to make it make sense. I have translated stuff into polish and got a strange reaction from my correspondent. Why would I say such a thing? Huh? I said something nice! So I retranslated it to see why it was taken wrong, and it re-translated to say exactly opposite of what I said! So the most effective way I have found to use G translate is to open two windows with it/ One which translates your english into the target language, and the second to translate the target language back to english. Copy your translation from the first window and go input that into the other window back into english and proof read for errors. Sometimes I have to re-phrase a sentence to get it to translate effectively. This probab;y hold true for other languages also. Then it works good. Proof read!

Back