Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

At what point is the blood applied?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
we are baptized into Christ the moment we get saved
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3:21 when you add water baptism to be saved .you take Grace out have a good day i am through with this rhetoric

Baptism, by definition, involves water. The very words of St. Peter which you reference refute any concept that water is symbolic. Here are his words...

"...to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ..." (1 Peter 3:20-21)

Water in salvation history brings both death and life. It represents the destruction of the old (former ways) and recreates something new. The waters of the deluge washed the sinners away, and through it something new was created. Thus Noah and his family were saved from sin through the waters of the deluge. Through the water, creation was made anew. (cf. Gen 9:1)

As St. Peter says, baptism is the anti-type of the waters of the deluge. The waters of baptism now cleanse not our flesh, but our sin. (cf. Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, Titus 3:5) Hence its effect is not on our flesh (i.e. removal of dirt), but rather on our interior. Through our baptism, we are made anew. (cf. John 3:5, Romans 6:4)

At the end of St. Matthew's Gospel, our Blessed Lord instructs His Apostles to teach and baptize all nations. He gives the Apostles the the proper form for administering the sacrament, "...baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." (Mt 28:19)

---> Do you know of anyone who does this sans water?

what is sans water peter is referencing to days of noah the flood water does not never has never will save one soul .saved by grace through faith not of works unless man boast

Sans = without

Sans water = without water

At the end of St. Matthew's Gospel, our Blessed Lord instructs His Apostles to teach and baptize all nations. He gives the Apostles the the proper form for administering the sacrament, "...baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." (Mt 28:19)

---> Do you know of anyone who does this WITHOUT using water?

Sans = without

Sans water = without water

---> Do you know of anyone who does this WITHOUT using water?
we have 2 main baptisms in the Bible baptism of the holy spirit brought into the Body of Christ and water baptism which is symbolic. that follows salvation of course fire where john said baptize with Holy ghost and fire which is purging of our sins

we have 2 main baptisms in the Bible baptism of the holy spirit brought into the Body of Christ and water baptism which is symbolic. that follows salvation of course fire where john said baptize with Holy ghost and fire which is purging of our sins

"one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Eph 4:5)

"one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Eph 4:5)
number one--

1 Corinthians 12:13​

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

number 2

Matthew 3:11​

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:sad change ) but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with 'fire:” CAN BE 3 have a good night one baptism baptized into the Body of Christ==== salvation sanctified justified

number one--

1 Corinthians 12:13​

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

number 2

Matthew 3:11​

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:sad change ) but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with 'fire:” CAN BE 3 have a good night one baptism baptized into the Body of Christ==== salvation sanctified justified
You are conflating John's baptism with Christian baptism. John's baptism was not a sacrament and it did not confer grace nor imprint a character. This is why the Apostles administered Christian baptism to those who had been baptized by John. (See Acts 19:1-5)

There is only ONE baptism now, as St. Paul explicitly states.

You are conflating John's baptism with Christian baptism. John's baptism was not a sacrament and it did not confer grace nor imprint a character. This is why the Apostles administered Christian baptism to those who had been baptized by John. (See Acts 19:1-5)

There is only ONE baptism now, as St. Paul explicitly states.
i have read all your rhetoric i care for. you deny scriptures thus ends this

Yes. See also Romans Chapter 3 vs 25. It’s all about what I’ve answered. I am quite new to the faith and the Holy Bible is most astounding astonishing and beautiful. I read daily now because I can’t stop. I don’t see your posts as disagreeable I’m interested in what you brought up and I did my best to say what I felt and thought.
great to hear! Keep reading and studying. We are commanded to….
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
Some may point out that the word “study” there is more correctly translated “be diligent” and they would be right but I really don’t think it matters because the context is…”rightly dividing the word” and you cannot do that without diligent study, so they work together.
Christianity is most definitely an intellectual exercise.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2 -
It is an objective pursuit and not subjective.
Rom 10:17. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

As you study be careful and do all you can to let the Bible define what it means in many instances and if you would like examples of what I mean I would be happy to discuss this with you in a private message. And do not let ANY MAN define something according to what they have been taught. Be a Berean…acts 17:11
They were considered “noble” because they didnt just take a mans word for it. They “searched the scriptures” (i know people don’t like the use of this but that is tough) It is appropriate.
Paul commands us to “prove all things, hold fast to that which is good”. You cant do this without diligent study.
All the best to you and yours

Im not here to talk about myself.
It’s a simple question. You keep saying that the blood is applied to ”the elect” or “those Jesus died for”. Are you “one of those that Jesus died for”? It’s a yes or no question. If it’s yes then…how do you know you are one of those that Jesus died for? How do you know he “elected” you?

Back