Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

avoid vain arguments - do not bite and devour

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You know, using correct punctuation is a kindness for all who read your posts. It’s some effort on your part, to be sure, but it makes reading a whole lot easier.
aaww the punctuation police is out in force i see. is there anything else that needs corrected ?

aaww the punctuation police is out in force i see. is there anything else that needs corrected ?
The police make sure your life is better. Would you like to live in a city where there are no police? In any case, I said it is a kindness to your readers. You can refuse to undertake that work for our sake and call anyone of us who ask for kindness the "police" if you want to excuse your laziness. But it is not a respond Jesus would have made.

if you want to excuse your laziness.
a really easy fix for my punctuation/ grammar Dont read my post when i get to heaven i doubt if i hear my punctuation is not correct.. when you say if you want to excuse your laziness. But it is not a respond Jesus would have made.

if i need a prof reader i will look up btw what is your phone number and do you accept collect calls .. i hope this is punctuation enough :thumbsup

a really easy fix for my punctuation/ grammar Dont read my post when i get to heaven i doubt if i hear my punctuation is not correct.. when you say if you want to excuse your laziness. But it is not a respond Jesus would have made.

if i need a prof reader i will look up btw what is your phone number and do you accept collect calls .. i hope this is punctuation enough :thumbsup
If you refuse to do the work, we have to do the work mentally. As I wrote, it is a kindness to others. Cannot help it if you refuse to do this but make us do it. What can we do? There are selfish christians who think only of their own convenience and don't care what their choices make others do instead. If you restrict your posts to a few random words strung together, it is bearable, but if you jumble many words together....too much work and your advise is then well taken.

If you refuse to do the work, we have to do the work mentally. As I wrote, it is a kindness to others. Cannot help it if you refuse to do this but make us do it. What can we do? There are selfish christians who think only of their own convenience and don't care what their choices make others do instead. If you restrict your posts to a few random words strung together, it is bearable, but if you jumble many words together....too much work and your advise is then well taken.
i
want
to
thank you
for
pointing
out
my
faults
. i
do
hope
this
is
not
to
jumbled .
:eek2

The problem of personal attacks is one that is in the culture. It’s seen from politics to personal exchanges. It’s likely because we are not taught how to discuss a matter focusing on the topic alone. Most find this quite difficult.
What you are describing is more our nature and less culture. Everyone and their dog trying to direct culture right now wants everyone else to ignore the messenger and just accept the message. It's not only not working, but it will continue to not work regardless of the effort put in. Hence why God designed the hierarchy to have elders beyond reproach.

actually its combined with sarcasm . look i dont do proper grammar or anything else in posting.. i preach, i speak words , i say what i mean and mean what i say
You make work for your readers. It’s fairly selfish as you won’t do the extra work that we then have to do.

What you are describing is more our nature and less culture. Everyone and their dog trying to direct culture right now wants everyone else to ignore the messenger and just accept the message. It's not only not working, but it will continue to not work regardless of the effort put in. Hence why God designed the hierarchy to have elders beyond reproach.
I know some elders beyond reproach.
But not because they're an elder.
I find we're all just human.

No, it’s cultural. I’ve lived and worked in different cultures and it’s not at all universal. It’s surprising what people have in common and where they’re different.

But I agree that elders ought to be above reproach.

I know some elders beyond reproach.
But not because they're an elder.
I find we're all just human.
Yeah. Select elders that are beyond reproach, not someone becomes beyond reproach because they are an elder. I think the Bible is pretty straight forward on that.

No, it’s cultural. I’ve lived and worked in different cultures and it’s not at all universal. It’s surprising what people have in common and where they’re different.

But I agree that elders ought to be above reproach.
I'm saying the human nature part is where people don't get trusted just because they are a messenger. Culture tries to influence that to the point people accept messengers due to rank. That entire campaign hasn't been working. Human nature overrides it even in cultures where it's very much pressed, like ours.

The social engineers believed they could use science to show that humans are infinitely malleable. They lost.

I'm saying the human nature part is where people don't get trusted just because they are a messenger. Culture tries to influence that to the point people accept messengers due to rank. That entire campaign hasn't been working. Human nature overrides it even in cultures where it's very much pressed, like ours.

The social engineers believed they could use science to show that humans are infinitely malleable. They lost.
It is true that “rank” or educational degrees means people listen. Character plays no role for many people.

It is true that “rank” or educational degrees means people listen. Character plays no role for many people.
Plays a role for many and doesn't play a role for many. It's the reason you didn't roll up your sleeve, the reason I didn't roll up mine. Same goes for millions of my own countrymen.

Of course I'm not talking about obedience via threat. That isn't trust.

Back