Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism in the Spirit: The experience

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Do you know what the HS sounds like? I dont. How did she know it was the HS speaking to her? She also used acts 19 as some proof text. Those in Acts 19 DID NOT receive the baptism of the HS. And since when is saying two syllables over and over again a language? The miracles in the NT were not like this. Im sorry but this is the stuff people outside of Christianity laugh at. But, the people in the NT outside of Christianity could not deny the power they were exposed to. If you want passages I can give them. See the difference?

See? You didn't hear her either. I don't think it's a good idea to idolize the text and not leave room for the Spirit.

I can attest to...when the Lord enters the room, when the real and only Lord enters the room with you...You don't need proof. He is the proof. Isn't the Holy Spirit called the Spirit of Truth?

You need to pray about these things brother.

There is what I wrote again , now here is the reply .

This "bad stuff" you speak of was it poison that was intended to kill a Christians ?

Let's see those numbers and see how high I can count .

Are Christians to wish for good luck ? Do you hope for good luck ?

Give what a go ? Being a missionary ? Because I did give you enough credit to know you would not drink a known poison . But the missionary family did not know the water was poisoned and God divinely protected them just like these verses speak of .

Mark16
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
I suppose Daniel in the furnace would be an example. Not about furnaces only, but Daniel survived while those putting him in the furnace perished. No rapture there. Both groups went to the fire. Daniel was absolved of his charges (purified). The others putting him in the furnace perished.

We won’t think too deep on this.

eddif

Did you answer my question? Has anybody, who is not a Christian, ever drank a poisonous substance and not died? You think that’s ever happened? Im sorry I dont see the miracle in it.
Your question ? In post # what ? I see your new questions quoted above , but you did not answer any of my 5 questions you just quoted in post#377 .

More importantly…What message did the missionaries deliver to these people on how to become a christian? Can you give me an accurate and honest answer there? Because if its denominational doctrine that I read on here then I think they were wasting there time.
Answer my questions in post #371 and we can go from there .

You don't believe in miracles at all do you?
Here is a good Testimony. I hope you can hear it.

Or an alternate Early Christian interpretation is possible explaining her experiences:

It is the practice of some men to capture persons and then to restore them to their friends for a ransom. Similarly, those who are considered to be gods invade the bodies of certain persons. They then produce a sense of their presence by dreams. Then, when they have taken their fill of the things of this world, these “gods” command them to come forth into public. In the sight of all, they then fly away from the sick, destroying the disease which they had produced. They thereby restore men to their former state. Tatian (c. 160, E), 2.73.

Secretly creeping into human bodies with subtlety (as being spirits), they simulate diseases, alarm the minds, and wrench about the limbs. They do this so that they may constrain men to worship them.… By remitting what they had bound, they seem to have cured it. Mark Minucius Felix (c. 200, W), 4.190.

-Bercot, D. W., ed. (1998). In A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs: A Reference Guide to More than 700 Topics Discussed by the Early Church Fathers (p. xviii). Hendrickson Publishers.

Tatian 2d century. A disciple of Justin Martyr and Christian apologist. His most famous work is the Diatessaron, a harmony of the Gospels. It was originally written in Greek, but Tatian translated it himself into Syriac. Sadly, after the death of Justin, Tatian deviated into heresy, becoming a leader of the Encratite sect. All of the quotations herein are from Tatian’s orthodox period

Mark Minucius Felix 2d or 3d century. Roman lawyer who converted to Christianity. He wrote one of the finest apologies of early Christianity in the form of a dialogue between a Christian and a pagan. When reading quotations attributed to Mark Minucius Felix, the reader should take note whether the speaker is the pagan antagonist or the Christian apologist.

Or an alternate Early Christian interpretation is possible explaining her experiences:

It is the practice of some men to capture persons and then to restore them to their friends for a ransom. Similarly, those who are considered to be gods invade the bodies of certain persons. They then produce a sense of their presence by dreams. Then, when they have taken their fill of the things of this world, these “gods” command them to come forth into public. In the sight of all, they then fly away from the sick, destroying the disease which they had produced. They thereby restore men to their former state. Tatian (c. 160, E), 2.73.

Secretly creeping into human bodies with subtlety (as being spirits), they simulate diseases, alarm the minds, and wrench about the limbs. They do this so that they may constrain men to worship them.… By remitting what they had bound, they seem to have cured it. Mark Minucius Felix (c. 200, W), 4.190.

-Bercot, D. W., ed. (1998). In A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs: A Reference Guide to More than 700 Topics Discussed by the Early Church Fathers (p. xviii). Hendrickson Publishers.

Tatian 2d century. A disciple of Justin Martyr and Christian apologist. His most famous work is the Diatessaron, a harmony of the Gospels. It was originally written in Greek, but Tatian translated it himself into Syriac. Sadly, after the death of Justin, Tatian deviated into heresy, becoming a leader of the Encratite sect. All of the quotations herein are from Tatian’s orthodox period

Mark Minucius Felix 2d or 3d century. Roman lawyer who converted to Christianity. He wrote one of the finest apologies of early Christianity in the form of a dialogue between a Christian and a pagan. When reading quotations attributed to Mark Minucius Felix, the reader should take note whether the speaker is the pagan antagonist or the Christian apologist.

But I've never heard of the book of Tatian’s or the Gospel of Felix. Are they in the old testament?

But I've never heard of the book of Tatian’s or the Gospel of Felix. Are they in the old testament?
I've been to "third heaven", or what angels claimed to be "heaven". They were glorious, the feeling they were holy angels of God was strong. Everything was real, nothing dreamlike. But when the Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance God's command we "test the spirits", to see if they can confess Jesus came in the flesh, their disguise vanished and their evil identity was revealed.

Her experience seems like a typical Satanic production, all the elements of cosmic conflict are there. Like someone who believes they were "abducted by aliens and walked around the mothership", so she believes the "downloaded reality" happened.

Telepathically, demons can download any "virtual reality" they want, and like Neo in the Matrix, the Experiencer won't know its all an illusion:

The following is a False Vision I experienced. [I publicly thank God the Holy Spirit who brought to my remembrance the Scripture we MUST “test the spirits” to objectively learn if they are from God, for many false prophets have been thus inspired to go forth into the world 1 John 4:1]:

More than forty years ago, having publicly confessed Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Mt. 10:32) I knew I was saved (Rom. 10:9-13), born again (John 3:3-4; 20:31).

One night while wondering what to do next, I was suddenly out of my body and went to what I thought was third heaven.

Everywhere brilliant light, furnishings all gold and crystal jeweled, beautiful. Telepathically I heard a glorious angel saying, “prophet to the nations I have made you.”

Then a book I could not read appeared, written in symbols strange characters.

“Drink from this cup so your eyes will be opened.” But the gold goblet was filled with dark liquid, the blackest black.

I recoiled in fear, I sensed it was evil.

The angel became stern, foreboding. A feeling I was “blaspheming the Spirit” became so strong I could barely think.

But it was the real Holy Spirit who brought to my remembrance the scripture, God’s command we “test the spirits”.

At that time I was paralyzed by the fear I was about to blaspheme the Spirit, that almost stopped me.

But I thought to myself, “Scripture says I must test, therefore I must obey God and do as Scripture commands!” So I asked the angel:

“Can you confess Jesus Christ is your LORD? (1 Cor. 12:3). Do you confess Jesus Christ came in the flesh?” (1 Jn 4:3)

Suddenly the angel became hideous, its disguise dropped (2 Cor. 11:14) and I sensed demonic hate and evil directed at me.

Then I felt yanked out as if grabbed by the collar of my jacket. I awoke in my room. I couldn’t sleep at all after that.
[1]

Spirits can telepathically download a virtual reality as real as the Matrix was to Neo, and collaborate with corporeal angels to produce a mass delusion as they did during the Fatima and “Dancing of the Sun” prefiguring modern UFO contactee events. Everything experienced is as real as it gets. There is no essential difference between an immersive “out of body trip to heaven” or “abduction experience often with sadistic surgical procedures”. BOTH can be halted by those who have faith Jesus Christ is LORD. God commands we “test the spirits” and He will honor all who obey His Word.

As John and Paul insist the test works on prophets while under control of the spirit, the test also works on the spirits when they appear by themselves in dreams, visions, or voices.

Spirits can disguise themselves as angels of light, extraterrestrial beings, departed loved ones, respected Bible personalities, in dreams visions and voices. Demand everyone who appears to you in a “vivid dream” or “vision” they confess “Jesus Christ is LORD”, or “Jesus Christ is come in the flesh”. Spirits cannot lie about these things or God wouldn’t have put these objective tests in the Scripture for us to use. Regardless the disguise, spirits must reply to the demand they confess Jesus and if they can’t they will be exposed. The vision or “abduction in progress” will immediately end.

This “test” is NOT a tool for evangelism, Christ our LORD does NOT want their testimony:

33 Now in the synagogue there was a man who had a spirit of an unclean demon. And he cried out with a loud voice,
34 saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are– the Holy One of God!”
35 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him in their midst, it came out of him and did not hurt him. (Lk. 4:33-35) NKJ

Last edited:
Back