Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Baptized in Holy Spirit...

I remembered when I was first seeking to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. I was a teenager, then, and I prayed for hours to be baptized. I remembered shaking visibly when the Holy Spirit descended on me.

I also remembered being afraid of the Holy Spirit. I could understand that the Father and the Son is a person, but the Holy Spirit? I wonder what He is. I am glad that that period of fearing what the Holy Spirit is, is over now. Now, He is my friend, just like the Father and Jesus.

It is important that we see the Holy Spirit as friend and not just some force to get hold of.

I remembered when I was first seeking to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. I was a teenager, then, and I prayed for hours to be baptized. I remembered shaking visibly when the Holy Spirit descended on me.

I also remembered being afraid of the Holy Spirit. I could understand that the Father and the Son is a person, but the Holy Spirit? I wonder what He is. I am glad that that period of fearing what the Holy Spirit is, is over now. Now, He is my friend, just like the Father and Jesus.

It is important that we see the Holy Spirit as friend and not just some force to get hold of.

Blessings in Christ, His Handmaiden!

Yes it is important that we see Him as not just some impersonal force but a Person. Jesus told us that when He came He would lead us into all truth, and He has been my Teacher on a very personal level for almost four decades, not only in the word of God but in the gifts of the Spirit and walking by faith. People like Jehovahs Witnesses speak of Him as some sort of impersonal force, but this is one of the many heresies the Watchtower deceives people into believing, and it is patently false.

From one article on it:

7. The Holy Spirit.​

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the Holy Spirit is an impersonal force of God and not a distinct person.

Biblically, however, the Holy Spirit has the three primary attributes of personality:
Moreover, personal pronouns are used of him (Acts 13:2). Also, he does things that only a person can do, including:
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity (Matt. 28:19).

Thanks for sharing your experience. I too have shaken under the power of His outpouring, though usually it has manifested like warm oil descending from above upon me. But there are many ways in which He manifests Himself to us, including as tongues of fire.

Blessings again, and thanks for posting.
- H

The Spirit gives us understanding of the Father. And He guides us in our walk daily.

The Holy Spirit is referred to by several names in scripture.

The Spirit of truth
The Spirit of grace
The Spirit of wisdom
The Spirit of the fear of the Lord.

The Holy Spirit is indeed a Person Who is with us.

The Holy Spirit is God.

It’s healthy to both love and fear and obey the Holy Spirit.

Back