Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bartholomew

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
png_20220105_123909_0000-png.13839

An Emoji Devotions for Wednesday, 5th January, 22

Highlights: Bartholomew

Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” John 1:45

Saint Bartholomew was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ who was martyred in the 1st century AD.

Saint Bartholomew lived in the first century AD and was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ. He was introduced to Jesus Christ through Saint Philip and is also known as "Nathaniel of Cana in Galilee," notably in John's Gospel. Saint Bartholomew is credited with many miracles related to the weight of objects. He was martyred in Armenia, being either decapitated or skinned alive. (copied from Biography.com)

When Jesus saw him coming he said, “There’s a real Israelite, not a false bone (deception) in his body.”

Bartholomew (Nathanael) said, “Where did you get that idea? You don’t know me.” Jesus answered, “One day, long before Philip called you here, I saw you under the fig tree.”

Bartholomew (Nathanael) exclaimed, “Rabbi! You are the Son of God, the King of Israel!” Jesus said, “You’ve become a believer simply because I say I saw you one day sitting under the fig tree? You haven’t seen anything yet! Before this is over you’re going to see heaven open and God’s angels descending to the Son of Man and ascending again.”
John 1:47‭-‬51

Bartholomew was confirmed by the Lord that He is a real Israelite in whom there is no deception. As the Lord confirmed the man Bartholomew also known as Nathaniel (John 1:47): Will he do the same for us today.

Prayer: God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. I’m an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I’m thinking. Please guide me on the road to eternal life in Jesus name. Amen

Attachments

• png_20220105_123909_0000.png
    png_20220105_123909_0000.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Back